Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's the bow, as AFAIK looting is based on the item that you are holding when the mob dies, so in theory you could swap from your bow to your looting sword while the arrow is in the air. I think someone mentioned this on a recent ForgeCraft video. I'm not 100% sure of this information though.
I don't remember hearing that on dw20's forgecraft vids, though he did mention something similar in the newest ssp vid at 8:25. He made a cleaver and said that you could drop a mob's hp with a different sword and then switch to the cleaver because "it's the finishing blow that counts."

EDIT:
Also, still not sure cause Minecraft wiki says "applies not only to kills with the sword, but to any kills while holding the sword" about looting.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember hearing that on dw20's forgecraft vids, though he did mention something similar in the newest ssp vid at 8:25. He made a cleaver and said that you could drop a mob's hp with a different sword and then switch to the cleaver because "it's the finishing blow that counts."

EDIT:
Also, still not sure cause Minecraft wiki says "applies not only to kills with the sword, but to any kills while holding the sword" about looting.
I know Etho explained it in one of his videos a good while back, and showed it in action. He'd get some potions of harming and toss them at his cows, then switch to his Looting III sword before the potion lands, and all the cows that died to the potion dropped extra items as if he'd killed them with the Looting sword. He does the same thing when farming string from his cave spider spawner trap on the current Mindcrack server.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I know Etho explained it in one of his videos a good while back, and showed it in action. He'd get some potions of harming and toss them at his cows, then switch to his Looting III sword before the potion lands, and all the cows that died to the potion dropped extra items as if he'd killed them with the Looting sword. He does the same thing when farming string from his cave spider spawner trap on the current Mindcrack server.
I used to do it all the time in vanilla with either a bow or a fire sword. A looting 3 sword was just too precious to waste on actually hitting anything other than endermen with.

Using Tinkers' Construct it's much easier to get a good looting sword and keep it repaired, so I don't bother anymore.

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to try out RotaryCraft's Ethanol Jetpack in my 1.7 world. Crafting it went like a charm, but once I equipped it, my game crashed. Tried restarting the game, but it keeps crashing the moment I log in. Is this a known bug, and if anything, what can I do to fix it?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I decided to try out RotaryCraft's Ethanol Jetpack in my 1.7 world. Crafting it went like a charm, but once I equipped it, my game crashed. Tried restarting the game, but it keeps crashing the moment I log in. Is this a known bug, and if anything, what can I do to fix it?
Don't know about the bug portion. But if you can locate your player.dat file. You can edit it with a program like NBTExplorer. Using NBTExplorer you should be able to locate the delete the jetpack out of your inventory. Make a backup copy of your player.dat file to be on the safe side.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
i have been looking on the Mineraft Forums and Google, but cant find a decent downloadlink for Zan's Minimap for 1.7.10. The only downloads i can find are either without the mob radar or are .litemod versions.

Can some1 provide me with the right download link page

lbap

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if the problem I am having has to due with a limit of the number of frequencies an item tesseract can hold, or if the problem has something to do with lack of memory.

There are a lot of frequencies saved, but only a few are used at a time (they are all in the same relative area). I cannot make more than 4 more, for doing so will give an error saying that I should check the config file, followed by "PH". I cannot delete any of the ones saved due to them being used for certain operations when needed. Even if I press the save frequency and save name frequency, it does not save.

I am using the Mindcrack Pack

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have two things two ask about:
firstly, is there anyway i can divert where the logs go (other wise I get this )
Secondly, does anyone else get the problem that when the main game window is minimises it closes as well? (and gives a log like this)

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-20_14-44-17.png
    upload_2014-11-20_14-44-17.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 103

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I have two things two ask about:
firstly, is there anyway i can divert where the logs go (other wise I get this )
Secondly, does anyone else get the problem that when the main game window is minimises it closes as well? (and gives a log like this)
For the second one, I'd suggest uninstalling Java 8 and installing 7. Java 8 still has a lot of quirks that seem to break Minecraft from time to time.

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about the bug portion. But if you can locate your player.dat file. You can edit it with a program like NBTExplorer. Using NBTExplorer you should be able to locate the delete the jetpack out of your inventory. Make a backup copy of your player.dat file to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the answer! Now, where would I find the player.dat file? I assumed it would be within the pack files, then minecraft/saves/[world in question], but where do I go from there? There is a folder named "playerdata", but that one only contains a .dat file whose name is a seemingly random string of letters and numbers. Is this the file I'm looking for?