[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I need help. Does anyone know the exact format to disable squid with open blocks?

additional { # List any mob names you want disabled on the server S:disableMobNames <Squid> }

Is not working for me. How am I derping?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I need help. Does anyone know the exact format to disable squid with open blocks?

additional { # List any mob names you want disabled on the server S:disableMobNames <Squid> }

Is not working for me. How am I derping?
It is in the EnderIO config.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
It is in the EnderIO config.

I am quite sure it's open blocks I'm talking about but the only format I found was for hecates. I looked in enderIO and didn't notice any spawn options. Not sure where our disconnect is? I ended up just doing
/gamerule doMobSpawning false and I will spawn some farms in later.

Would still be curious the exact wording I need for the open blocks method.

Thank you for replying though.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I am quite sure it's open blocks I'm talking about but the only format I found was for hecates. I looked in enderIO and didn't notice any spawn options. Not sure where our disconnect is? I ended up just doing
/gamerule doMobSpawning false and I will spawn some farms in later.

Would still be curious the exact wording I need for the open blocks method.

Thank you for replying though.
Go in "configs" folder, then "enderio" folder, then "EnderIO.cfg" and then go to line 425-426 and turn this to true.
" # When true no squid will be spawned. [default: false]
B:spawnGuardStopAllSquidSpawning=true"

Reactions: Sawney

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Go in "configs" folder, then "enderio" folder, then "EnderIO.cfg" and then go to line 425-426 and turn this to true.
" # When true no squid will be spawned. [default: false]
B:spawnGuardStopAllSquidSpawning=true"
Thank you 1000 times :D. EnderIOs configs are massive and me thinking I was right probably caused me to miss it. I bow to you once again!

Reactions: Yulife

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
You probably already know it but you can do Ctrl + F and enter "squid" ^^
Yup. Was just having stubborn blinders before. Worked like a charm. Killed off 255 squid when I cleared them and am now getting upwards of 160 fps. Actually enabled vattic textures now.

Hatachu

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I press U on an item. It started after I tried to see if the kelp could be used for anything(Looking for food).

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap this pack puts a computer through it's paces. My game locked up twice upon making a new world, but eventually recovered. I'm getting between 20 and 55fps, where I normally rock around 150. And various things are quite slow to respond.

I've flicked through the thread, I've turned off vSync (doubled me from 30 to 55) but not much else helps. Apparently using MultiMc instead helps? And I haven't added fastcraft yet, as I don't like adding mods because of the hassle of having to re-add every update.

Edit, tried fastcraft, made no difference.

Last edited:

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap this pack puts a computer through it's paces. My game locked up twice upon making a new world, but eventually recovered. I'm getting between 20 and 55fps, where I normally rock around 150. And various things are quite slow to respond.

I've flicked through the thread, I've turned off vSync (doubled me from 30 to 55) but not much else helps. Apparently using MultiMc instead helps? And I haven't added fastcraft yet, as I don't like adding mods because of the hassle of having to re-add every update.

What worked for me was indeed multiMC. You can port over your instance with a single button, very easy to use. That combined with admins toolbox to pregen some chunks. Also the final nail was killing all the squids and stopping them spawning. I killed 255 with /cofh killall squid. They were lagging me like crazy. I'm in the same boat you are. Went from choppy as heck to a smooth 150 with 32x resource pack using these tricks.

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
Just to make sure, to get whitelisted to the official server, just pm you, right? Me and a friend are looking to join.

Also, have you ever seen the "Soul Shards Reborn" mod? Someone remade the ol' 1.5.X soul shards (Not Soul Shards 2). Might be a good one to add.

cloakndagger085

Jul 29, 2019
ill say this, this has been a very interesting pack ive just completed my first reactor which was a nice little challange. i decided to start making my ae system. Now this is COMPLICATED. its a nice change from the old was of doing things. It makes things a bit harder and forces you to explore the world. You have definatly put some effort into this pack.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019

What worked for me was indeed multiMC. You can port over your instance with a single button, very easy to use. That combined with admins toolbox to pregen some chunks. Also the final nail was killing all the squids and stopping them spawning. I killed 255 with /cofh killall squid. They were lagging me like crazy. I'm in the same boat you are. Went from choppy as heck to a smooth 150 with 32x resource pack using these tricks.
Indeed MultiMC, Fastcraft and Pregenerating will help. At least do a 2k x 2k so your world can load properly. Most of the FPS lag occurs because of generation. Once you settle down, generate all the chunks around you in a healthy range your FPS will be at least doubled.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Does everyone else get a 2-3 second delay when opening Steve's workshop? I wasn't worried about it but was then watching an Infitech 2 let's play and it seemed instant. So just curious.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Does everyone else get a 2-3 second delay when opening Steve's workshop? I wasn't worried about it but was then watching an Infitech 2 let's play and it seemed instant. So just curious.
Caused by Binnie's Mods. Not sure how to fix it right now.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Caused by Binnie's Mods. Not sure how to fix it right now.

You always have answers and seem to never sleep lol. That is why this is my favorite modpack. It's so well maintained. Looking forward to the fsp quest line considering the quality of all the others.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
You always have answers and seem to never sleep lol. That is why this is my favorite modpack. It's so well maintained. Looking forward to the fsp quest line considering the quality of all the others.
Hehe, I have most of the the answers thanks to you guys. And I do sleep, don't you sometimes see when this threads get overflooded with messages without me responding and a few hours later I make a row of messages? That is when I am sleeping/at work :p