Request Suggest mods for creation here

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Nuno, that would be cool too.

Just as another spin, I've always thought that a better balancer would be a prospecting "machine" that you actually plonk down, power, and wait for it to finish its analysis. This also has the added benefit of performance: you can have essentially unlimited range on the mechanism since it isn't expected to report a result immediately.
I love that idea.
I just hope it would print out it's result on a piece of paper :D

Reactions: 1SDAN and Pyure

PocketPixel

Mar 27, 2014
Right Folks,

Since this thread now exists I figured I'd post my idea here as well.

Basically, one of the things I find missing in MC, especially for cool and creative builds, is atmospheric lighting possibilities. I know that RP2 adds the very nice (inverted) lamps which definitely are a huge step forward but merely "tiered" lighting is missing. Here are the details of what I'd love to see in MC:

- tiered lights; 3 tiers of lights with the lowest tier being slightly better than torches and which are quite cheap to make. Highest tier lights are relatively expensive and a capable of producing much more light (thinking in terms of the wrath lamp).
- light dimmers; as in real life you may want to dim the lights in certain areas for aesthetic purposes.

Now the trick in my idea is that all these items require some kind of power (EU, MJ, etc.) in order to function. It wouldn't make much sense for a light to be dim-able without having some kind of power circuit connect to it, which is essentially my problem with RS signals and lights.

Obviously, the power consumption of each tier of lights should be more than the previous tier but all the power costs should be relatively low seeing as it's only lighting and not a machine that needs lots of EU/MJ to make something.

I haven't fully thought all the ins and outs through but I hope this idea could be picked upon by a modded since I cannot code at all.vheck, I don't even have a clue whether my idea is even possible.

I any modded is interested in this idea and would like to ping pong some ideas about it back and forth then please drop me a forums message.

Cheers,
Bel*.
And why would not I just spam torches?...

So yeah lighting....

I am trying to light a small city which gets its EU from my power plant. The only EU lighting available is the illuminators. Illuminators like to blow up (like wtf). In order for my project to work I need more lighting options that run on EU and not redstone. Should be a simple mod to make but I don't code :(

Spamming torches that burn forever is not an option.

Reactions: 1SDAN

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah lighting....

I am trying to light a small city which gets its EU from my power plant. The only EU lighting available is the illuminators. Illuminators like to blow up (like wtf). In order for my project to work I need more lighting options that run on EU and not redstone. Should be a simple mod to make but I don't code :(

Spamming torches that burn forever is not an option.
I like this idea... but maybe make it so it can work on EU and RF?
Also, maybe so that by default is uses 1EU(5RF)/t and that lights like a torch, but you can configure it to light larger areas, but that requires more power, e.g. a 20 block radius = 20EU(100RF)/t - Power increase exponentially, so that it becomes almost impossible (but still doable) to light 100 block radius with one light block

PocketPixel

Mar 27, 2014
I like this idea... but maybe make it so it can work on EU and RF?
Also, maybe so that by default is uses 1EU(5RF)/t and that lights like a torch, but you can configure it to light larger areas, but that requires more power, e.g. a 20 block radius = 20EU(100RF)/t - Power increase exponentially, so that it becomes almost impossible (but still doable) to light 100 block radius with one light block

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't care how simple or complicated the mod could be. That would be up to the modder.

I just can't wait to hit the switch in my power plant and watch my city light up. Also any machines/contraptions I would use would run on the same "power lines" and if the power consumption is too high, rolling blackouts would result. :D

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I must have missed this somewhere. Is there a mod that will sort/filter/ "smart hopper" / "smart chest" based on ore dictionary compatibility?

For example: Both Geologica and Underground Biomes add lots of new types of stone; lots of mods add new types of wood. Being able to have a filtering system that would plop all the different stones in one chest, or all the different cobblestones in another chest, or sort all the logs together, would be nice.

It's relatively easy, but painful, to try to configure these things manually.
Something that starts with an auto-generated config that lets me tweak/tune manually afterwards would be nice.

An example of what I'd like to tune/tweak: separating wood into brownish, reddish, and greenish groups. Putting the planks/stairs/slabs for a given wood type with that wood log.

In other words, something that lets me customize, but starts with a config file based on the ore dictionary, instead of "If you want to customize, you have to start from scratch and specify everything."

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I must have missed this somewhere. Is there a mod that will sort/filter/ "smart hopper" / "smart chest" based on ore dictionary compatibility?

For example: Both Geologica and Underground Biomes add lots of new types of stone; lots of mods add new types of wood. Being able to have a filtering system that would plop all the different stones in one chest, or all the different cobblestones in another chest, or sort all the logs together, would be nice.

Something that starts with an auto-generated config that lets me tweak/tune manually afterwards would be nice.

An example of what I'd like to tune/tweak: separating wood into brownish, reddish, and greenish groups. Putting the planks/stairs/slabs for a given wood type with that wood log.

In other words, something that lets me customize, but starts with a config file based on the ore dictionary, instead of "If you want to customize, you have to start from scratch and specify everything."
GregTech has machines that can do this.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

You wouldn't be able to do sort via colour, unless you added everything with a colour to the ore dictionary e.g ore:grey (custom oredict) and under that you have stone, cobble, etc.

But refined relocation can sorta via oredict, IIRC

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Gregtech, Applied Energistics, Thermal Expansion can all sort things via the ore dictionary.

You can probably use Minetweaker to create some custom ore dictionary values [such as wood:red], then drop in the additional wood type.
Though if you pack as a usable "unifier" block you'll encounter exploits.
Custom ones will have to be built from the start.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
OK, can anyone give me a simple summary of refined relocation?

Disguising blocks, wireless redstone, chests, pipes, and ... ???

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
What about a mod that the large hadron collider (LHC) for those infinite power problems (a.k.a a power sink)

send from a thing

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
The mod with the blood moon gave me this idea. Could be an addition to it if anything too. (Sorry if its been suggested). Given additional lunar effects as well.

Eclipses:
When it happens, it becomes progressivly darker out. Can happen during day or night. I'm not certain of gamma values can be changed over time but it makes world darker then "night" values. Perhaps use the blood moons ability where it brings out reds in everything that an Eclipse brings out the blacks of everything (same principle just different hues). Monster spawn rate is increased.

Moon Phases:
More cosmetic if anything but the Moon Phase gives different light levels. While Night can still spawn monsters regardless of phase, a full moon has a light level of say 4 while a new moon has a light level of 0 (like current night)
This is more

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
What about a whole calender mod of dates with special skies, light levels, spawning rules and effects on players, such as "Day of Might" "Blight night" "Spider migrations" "Peaceful week" "Harvest festival"? It shouldn't even be too difficult to make customizable, since the only thing the mod has to track is time.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What about a whole calender mod of dates with special skies, light levels, spawning rules and effects on players, such as "Day of Might" "Blight night" "Spider migrations" "Peaceful week" "Harvest festival"? It shouldn't even be too difficult to make customizable, since the only thing the mod has to track is time.
Track time... then run events at certain times, and all the other things.
I like the idea though :)

Also, that mod may not be compatible with mod features like NEI's day change feature, as I don't think that logs the time changes... e.g. When you do "/time set day" it will say "Day X: 08:00" but if you click the sunrise thing in NEI, I don't think it does the same thing

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Track time... then run events at certain times, and all the other things.
I like the idea though :)

Also, that mod may not be compatible with mod features like NEI's day change feature, as I don't think that logs the time changes... e.g. When you do "/time set day" it will say "Day X: 08:00" but if you click the sunrise thing in NEI, I don't think it does the same thing
Yeah, it should; it says "Day X: 6:00".

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like something that could be added onto Factorization's already existing date tracker.