Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
how do you restore a world from an Aromabackup file? I've looked but can't find anything
Usually the backups are located in your .minecraft folder, then in the "backups" folder, and from there, there should be a folder with the same name as the world you want to restore. In that folder, you'll have to go through more folders: if your world was backed up on 9/10/2014, for example, you would go into the "2014" folder, then "9", then "10"; inside that folder is one or more zip files, which are your compressed world saves. Just open up whichever tickles your fancy and (making sure to delete the old world save first!) extract the world save from the zip file into your "saves" folder in .minecraft.
... at least, this is how I do it. I don't think there's a command to restore backups, anyway. Manual it is. Used to this you must become.

My question from earlier said:
Is there any way to disable lake generation?

Reactions: MiniMoggie

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Usually the backups are located in your .minecraft folder, then in the "backups" folder, and from there, there should be a folder with the same name as the world you want to restore. In that folder, you'll have to go through more folders: if your world was backed up on 9/10/2014, for example, you would go into the "2014" folder, then "9", then "10"; inside that folder is one or more zip files, which are your compressed world saves. Just open up whichever tickles your fancy and (making sure to delete the old world save first!) extract the world save from the zip file into your "saves" folder in .minecraft.
... at least, this is how I do it. I don't think there's a command to restore backups, anyway. Manual it is. Used to this you must become.

Thank you. That's what I had tried to do but I think the bug that corrupted my world must have been in the backup as it wouldn't work. I also noted that that particular backup was a third the size of the rest so I tried again using the backup from half an hour earlier and it worked. So not too much lost. :)

Reactions: Eruantien

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

As in vanilla lakes? Or MFR lakes? Or BC oil 'lakes'... Tell us more, you must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Design help needed, what do you think for this farm, pizza slice esque or square?

254585I.jpg

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You can, but you need to use a rotary condensentrator to convert it from gas to fluid first

Cunning :)

But then I guess i'd need to turn it back into gas the other side of the tesseract so I can pipe it into my Injector.

Would there be a machine that accomplishes such a task?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism/TE3 question, can I send gas (like hydrogen chloride for example) though a tesseract?

I want to move my brine processing station into a desert to improve the modifier but i'm too lazy to run pipes all the way.

brine can be moved no prob thru a tesseract, I don't know about HCl, I don't think it's a fluid in the forge sense of the word

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. That's what I had tried to do but I think the bug that corrupted my world must have been in the backup as it wouldn't work. I also noted that that particular backup was a third the size of the rest so I tried again using the backup from half an hour earlier and it worked. So not too much lost. :)
Good to hear you got it fixed! Protip: you can type "/backup" and that'll automatically start a backup as soon as you want it; this is especially useful before you try anything potentially... gamebreaking.
As in vanilla lakes? Or MFR lakes? Or BC oil 'lakes'... Tell us more, you must.

Vanilla lakes. I want to disable vanilla water lake generation (although if all lake generation went away, that's okay as well) so that my world doesn't have 30827549 pools of water within a 8000x8000 area. For one thing, it just looks ugly. For another, lakes often replace parts of trees, making it look ugly-er. Finally, who really needs all that water anyway? It'd also be much easier to build if I didn't have to fill in lakes all the time.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear you got it fixed! Protip: you can type "/backup" and that'll automatically start a backup as soon as you want it; this is especially useful before you try anything potentially... gamebreaking.

Vanilla lakes. I want to disable vanilla water lake generation (although if all lake generation went away, that's okay as well) so that my world doesn't have 30827549 pools of water within a 8000x8000 area. For one thing, it just looks ugly. For another, lakes often replace parts of trees, making it look ugly-er. Finally, who really needs all that water anyway? It'd also be much easier to build if I didn't have to fill in lakes all the time.
IIRC there's a mod for that, but not in any FTB packs. I've used something that could control all aspects of vanilla terrain generation before, but was 1.5 I think, maybe even 1.3 :S