[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god, that sounds horrible!

Can confirm, it was horrible losing every single PneumaticCraft item including seeds I had. Luckily I had already built my pressure chamber, assembly line and automated powering so didn't lose those items. But still had quite a WTF moment at what just happened. o_O

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
do we need a restart for 1.1.3? :O
I wouldn't think so. no mod changes, no changes to desert (ruins/cities) and in fact, even if there are changes to desert type stuff, you can safely continue and the changes will only propagate to unvisited chunks. I'm concerned whether or not he removed recipe for diamond dolly or removed it entirely, so I'm hesitant to upgrade till I have time to back everything up, etc.... (and move all my spawners :) )[DOUBLEPOST=1410253160][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can confirm, it was horrible losing every single PneumaticCraft item including seeds I had. Luckily I had already built my pressure chamber, assembly line and automated powering so didn't lose those items. But still had quite a WTF moment at what just happened. o_O
Those seeds. god, those seeds. They are the bane of my existence but there have been alot of ppl showing off their creations in this thread on auto planters, etc.. plus, I'm very fond of the jabba method.... (don't ask, search, it's very cheaty). :)

Reactions: RollDawg

RollDawg

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't think so. no mod changes, no changes to desert (ruins/cities) and in fact, even if there are changes to desert type stuff, you can safely continue and the changes will only propagate to unvisited chunks. I'm concerned whether or not he removed recipe for diamond dolly or removed it entirely, so I'm hesitant to upgrade till I have time to back everything up, etc.... (and move all my spawners :) )

yeah! was worried about having a world reset. spent so much time fortifying my fortress. In-fact. I did more hours on fortifying my place and ensuring survival that i forgot about the quests and just happen to do them by accident. xD
same here. Still making places for those endy spawners. :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
yeah! was worried about having a world reset. spent so much time fortifying my fortress. In-fact. I did more hours on fortifying my place and ensuring survival that i forgot about the quests and just happen to do them by accident. xD
same here. Still making places for those endy spawners. :)
Dont worry there will be no need for a restart just more exploration to get the new ruins and cities

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking of starting over again soon and just wondering if I'm missing something, cause I'm fairly certain the result of that discussion was that a majority of people use the fluid transposer, I just can't fathom why they would.

It is cyclic for me, based upon what I have on hand and can/cannot currently automate.

Day 1-2 - Dirty water.
Day 3 until I have a redstone furnace - Pyrotheum-fired crucible melting leaf blocks.
Redstone Furnace-->end of game - Dirty water automated off of supply of composted zombie flesh/string from mob trap.

That is drinking water. When I get to the point I want a drum of water for an actively cooled reactor I have an MFR tree farm stick a bunch of leaf blocks in a DSU and then feed them into a Transposer with a Drum on top of it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Dont worry there will be no need for a restart just more exploration to get the new ruins and cities
Yeah, I really should go to sleep cause I misread the 113 and thought it was this 112.1 that's on launcher now, but yeah, the same theory applies. He's not doing any major mod changes is he? What about spawn point or chunkloader?

btw shane, you are very very sneaky. I haven't gone into the subway yet till just now. went through thinking this is it? No loot? accidentally loot. ok, gotta tell shane he's evil. btw, I really had a run for my money. Luckilly I saw them before I went in, I had 3 vampire pigs. jeez. Btw, I got a van helsing wooden dagger (sword) from one. haha :)

Reactions: Shane2482

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I once decided to crack open a mountain! I was not prepared for the chaos that ensued.... Needless to say that is one piñata that I wont be opening up again ANY time soon -.-

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I really should go to sleep cause I misread the 113 and thought it was this 112.1 that's on launcher now, but yeah, the same theory applies. He's not doing any major mod changes is he? What about spawn point or chunkloader?

btw shane, you are very very sneaky. I haven't gone into the subway yet till just now. went through thinking this is it? No loot? accidentally loot. ok, gotta tell shane he's evil. btw, I really had a run for my money. Luckilly I saw them before I went in, I had 3 vampire pigs. jeez. Btw, I got a van helsing wooden dagger (sword) from one. haha :)
Iskandar is the one hideing things

Neroxify

Jul 29, 2019
So I just updated the modpack to 112.1, ticked "Back up Saves" and launched.
Apparently the game, instead of backing my save up, overrode my save with a new world.

Yay, another 20 hours lost due to a stupid FtB bug. This shit makes me sick.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up my first automated mob grinder [conveyors + punji sticks 4 now] and the small creepers are destroying belts and sticks. I've had full-size creepers explode with no environmental dmg, so I know mobGreifing is set to false. Anything else I can do?

If the answer's already been posted, I couldn't find it...so please forgive.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up my first automated mob grinder [conveyors + punji sticks 4 now] and the small creepers are destroying belts and sticks. I've had full-size creepers explode with no environmental dmg, so I know mobGreifing is set to false. Anything else I can do?

The answer has been discussed quite a lot. It has to do with when creepers release creeper seeds, the explosion caused by that can destroy things like convyors and itemducts. There is no fix as of yet.

reznod

Jul 29, 2019

You can I use Open Blocks conveyors.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
The answer has been discussed quite a lot. It has to do with when creepers release creeper seeds, the explosion caused by that can destroy things like convyors and itemducts. There is no fix as of yet.
I did see many convos about the problem, but I didn't see any solution [other than set mobGriefing false].

You can I use Open Blocks conveyors.
This was going to be my next step. This is also a good time to ask I suppose. Until I can scrounge together enough resources to power/empty the Grinder via Tesseract, the Grinder will require 3 connection points...2 of those are going to be exposed to these explosions. How well do ducts/conduits covered by microblocks stand up to these explosions?

Or is the solution to move the Grinder away from the mobs [put 1/2 full blocks between the Grinder and the mobs]?

JustcallmeJJ

Jul 29, 2019
what are you eating

Well just everything from harvestcraft I have the ingredients for and they give varying lenghts of debuff.

But I have had a lightbulb moment I now I'm certain that my instant has flipped a bit and instead of applying the saturation buff it gives me dehydration debuff.
And I have no idea how to fix this.

Edit: The update fixed it so definitely a flipped bit in my opinion.

Haha he's probably one of those people "oh I'll just water bottle the water outside my ship, gosh I'm so smart, why didn't anyone else think of that, what an easy modpack."

I'm at lost for two-syllable words that can express the sadness I feel for all the joys in life your limited intelligence is robbing you off.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
This was going to be my next step. This is also a good time to ask I suppose. Until I can scrounge together enough resources to power/empty the Grinder via Tesseract, the Grinder will require 3 connection points...2 of those are going to be exposed to these explosions. How well do ducts/conduits covered by microblocks stand up to these explosions?
They don't. But wouldn't connecting on the top, bottom and back protect the ducts? The explosions happen at ground level and are really tiny (I mean, they don't even affect dust).

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. But wouldn't connecting on the top, bottom and back protect the ducts? The explosions happen at ground level and are really tiny (I mean, they don't even affect dust).

I dunno yet. I like to see into my Grinders [if possible]. So tubes out the top...not so much. But what I am seeing is that using OpenBlocks conveyors with a passive kill system [non-Grinder] requires me to use the Vacuum Hopper to hopefully collect drops. Currently using hoppers and the items aren't falling off the conveyors into the hoppers [the hoppers may need to be 1 block lower than the conveyors].

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't the range of the grinder 5 x5 x2? So you could put it in the ground and have all lines covered. At work so I'm not able to test.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at lost for two-syllable words that can express the sadness I feel for all the joys in life your limited intelligence is robbing you off.
"I'm at a loss" <----Fixed that for you.
"robbing you of" <-----This too.
No punctuation.

I'm not sure how my sentence implied that I have limited intelligence or that my life lacked joy, I assure you that I am highly educated and I am quite happy in life. I would also say that my education would not of been possible without an above-average level of intelligence. Thank you for your concern though.[DOUBLEPOST=1410270965][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did see many convos about the problem, but I didn't see any solution [other than set mobGriefing false].

Or is the solution to move the Grinder away from the mobs [put 1/2 full blocks between the Grinder and the mobs]?
I found microblocks get blown off as well. What I would suggest is that you place the grinder behind a wall with an opening in front of it. The grinder can still grind the area in front of it but the explosions from the seeds do not seem to pass through a full block.

I had the same issue and this is how I got around it.

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I found microblocks get blown off as well. What I would suggest is that you place the grinder behind a wall with an opening in front of it. The grinder can still grind the area in front of it but the explosions from the seeds do not seem to pass through a full block.

I had the same issue and this is how I got around it.

Just don't try and be clever like I did and only put blocks infront of the ducts... the explosions can get through diagonally *derp*