[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
MFR Conveyer Belt: No
Extra Utilities Conveyer Belt: Yes (atleast according to F7, haven't tested)
If mobs are on a conveyer belt, can they despawn? mfr is all I've used. I want to make a shooting gallery but they may have a very long trip around the perimeter so wondering about that before my next run through.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
Since it doesn't rain, but storms still happen, why not do something with them? Change them to clouds of vapor passing through the area, meaning add a fog effect during storms instead of rain (which usually includes a fog effect). Maybe eventually you can build a condensation tower that collects pure water during those storms. Or, since rain collection is the reason rain was removed, maybe what is collected isn't water but instead some other thing (dust, gunpowder, some sort of magic thing, quartz powder, etc).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
Since it doesn't rain, but storms still happen, why not do something with them? Change them to clouds of vapor passing through the area, meaning add a fog effect during storms instead of rain (which usually includes a fog effect). Maybe eventually you can build a condensation tower that collects pure water during those storms. Or, since rain collection is the reason rain was removed, maybe what is collected isn't water but instead some other thing (dust, gunpowder, some sort of magic thing, quartz powder, etc).
Or have it collect tiny amounts of water. That is, multiple storms for not many buckets. (I love the way we measure stuff in millibuckets, btw. :D the people who use and make and test mods are amazing).

Or you could make lightning happen. That would be fantastic for pneumatic craft...

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
hi... there is some quest in the book about making a reactor?... i want to build one now that i complete some stuff and have good amount of resource... but dont want to skip quest... if there is one about it

Jennasie

Jul 29, 2019
so i just built an assembly line, i was shoooting for the advanced tubes, as soon as the linne started working my game crashed and i cant get back in now... am i screwed?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of people complained about this being too hard, but I didn't think it was that bad. Without a trench though, this may be a little tougher. What I found worked well, was to smack a few zombies around at night. Eventually, you should trigger other zombies to come assist. This helps with zombie flesh, but not so much the bones. I used to do this in early versions without leaving the ship (there was a hole of dust on one top-side that you could clear and 'safely' poke your head out to aggro things.
I don't think we're talking about the same mod.

With Zombie Awareness enabled, there is no need to poke a zombie. The hordes will stop by for a visit either way. The problem is that they wander too far out from the ship. If there were some way to increase item render distance to, say, 32 blocks, it'd be so much easier to find all the drops at dawn.

That 2-deep hole near the cockpit sure is nice, though.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
... Sounds like you're having fun.
:confused:

Hollowing out beneath my base all the way down to bedrock. Unfortunately when the dust beneath my constructor and storage disappeared both of the machines disappeared as well. It was a nice animation but not worth it! :p

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
so i just built an assembly line, i was shoooting for the advanced tubes, as soon as the linne started working my game crashed and i cant get back in now... am i screwed?
if you have a backup try to recover from that point ... without a backup you could try to make recover but you will lose all your stuff (inventory) if i'm not wrong... make a new world and copy "level.dat" and "level.dat_old" from the saves files of the new world to the old world (the one trying to restore).

Edit: Sometimes work but i couldn't get my world after a power issues at home make my computer shutdown a the world get corrupt (glad i have a recover when add the ender IO mod)

Use this just for bugs problems only...

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Hollowing out beneath my base all the way down to bedrock. Unfortunately when the dust beneath my constructor and storage disappeared both of the machines disappeared as well. It was a nice animation but not worth it! :p

Yep, I posted about this a while ago, too. I then proceeded to go outside and die having forgotten to give my new clone time to form. Whoops!

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
A dusty foundation seems like a poor choice for your Sync structure. Seems like there was a Christian parable about that. ;P

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
I gotta admit seeing a sandstorm or fog rolling would be absolutely terrifying. And awesome. And Iskandar please. :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

If you post the most recent crash log from ...\FTB minecraft\CrashLanding\minecraft\crash-reports
Might be able to assist you.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
If there were some way to increase item render distance to, say, 32 blocks, it'd be so much easier to find all the drops at dawn.
just disable whatever mod it is that's reducing the item rendering distance, or change the config if there's an option for it in the mod's configs.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Caught up to the generikb's vids and one thing stuck out (other than obvious joke about what I was watching). A while back, there was a lively discussion about water gen early on. dirty water vs liquid transposer vs crucible. but in actuality, I think it was mostly about dirty water vs transposer. I end up doing a dual system to get dirt (for dirty water which I think now, is a bit wasteful), and strive for setting up a crucible to a drum for 'house' water, to make obsidian, soul sand, etc...

The discussion went along the lines that it costs more resources to make water from dirty water vs survival gen to liquid transposer. I agree on that front, but what about the crucible? No resources whatsoever to cook it (static 1 lava or pyro to start) and I think the liquid transposer takes 10 versus 8 for crucible to make 1 bucket iirc? I would think the crucible method would be faster and more efficient. I tend to keep things split since I'm lazy and don't want to interfere with the main production for house water.

Thinking of starting over again soon and just wondering if I'm missing something, cause I'm fairly certain the result of that discussion was that a majority of people use the fluid transposer, I just can't fathom why they would.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
just disable whatever mod it is that's reducing the item rendering distance, or change the config if there's an option for it in the mod's configs.
No mod is the problem here. Vanilla Minecraft's item render distance is a pitiful 16 blocks.[DOUBLEPOST=1410218741][/DOUBLEPOST]
Caught up to the generikb's vids and one thing stuck out (other than obvious joke about what I was watching). A while back, there was a lively discussion about water gen early on. dirty water vs liquid transposer vs crucible. but in actuality, I think it was mostly about dirty water vs transposer. I end up doing a dual system to get dirt (for dirty water which I think now, is a bit wasteful), and strive for setting up a crucible to a drum for 'house' water, to make obsidian, soul sand, etc...

The discussion went along the lines that it costs more resources to make water from dirty water vs survival gen to liquid transposer. I agree on that front, but what about the crucible? No resources whatsoever to cook it (static 1 lava or pyro to start) and I think the liquid transposer takes 10 versus 8 for crucible to make 1 bucket iirc? I would think the crucible method would be faster and more efficient. I tend to keep things split since I'm lazy and don't want to interfere with the main production for house water.

Thinking of starting over again soon and just wondering if I'm missing something, cause I'm fairly certain the result of that discussion was that a majority of people use the fluid transposer, I just can't fathom why they would.
No, it's 20 leaves per bucket in the crucible. Once you have an iron bucket and a cobblegen, lava becomes the go-to furnace fuel, so dirty water doesn't have any real cost of smelting.

Of course, playing with no cobblegen changes everything. It costs me a lot of wood to process dirty water. I'm hoping to get a cactus farm started soon.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
water production efficiency stuff
i haven't setup automation for dirty water (i really should, for the sake of complete knowledge), but i can say that leaf crucible is vastly more efficient than transposer. like, it's so vastly superior that transposer might as well be tossed in the nearest lava pit to save on chest space. it's absolutely ludicrous how vast of an upgrade leap you take with this. honestly i believe it needs to be heavily nerfed, since it completely trivializes water concerns for almost no cost.

No mod is the problem here. Vanilla Minecraft's item render distance is a pitiful 16 blocks.
since when?