[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
It's ready to go, but not actually on FTB yet, according to his twitter.
i do not see a tweet specifying, but meh.

sidenote: that parallax on his twitter background though.

I cannot seem to find .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar/mob/char.png
if the 'minecraft.jar' part of that directory doesn't click with you, then you're probably better off just leaving it be.

What do the endermen that are light blue/black and wearing glasses do?
by logical deduction based on current knowledge, they're one of two varieties: thief endermen, which teleport you randomly when they strike you, or lightning endermen, which cause lightning to strike you when they hit you (basically doubling their damage and also lighting you on fire).

Reactions: pc_assassin

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone considered enabling sanity and or air quality? I don't mind making my pre-existing world a little harder, but I'm not interested in enabling more zombie awareness stuff that's gonna give me block lag or whatnot...

@Hexerin don't forget reddish cursed endermen who give you horrible debuffs when they hit you.

Reactions: ScottieC

FionnBran

Jul 29, 2019

sidenote: that parallax on his twitter background though.

if the 'minecraft.jar' part of that directory doesn't click with you, then you're probably better off just leaving it be.

by logical deduction based on current knowledge, they're one of two varieties: thief endermen, which teleport you randomly when they strike you, or lightning endermen, which cause lightning to strike you when they hit you (basically doubling their damage and also lighting you on fire).
I found it but it was named something else

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a resource pack, though, you might need to replace the char.png file in there instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1410150036][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha ikr? I'm doing it for a bit of added challenge. No wall, no trench. Lots of sleeping. Not paying attention has cost me at least a dozen worlds so far xD
What's the trick to surviving early-game without a trench? Do you just have to spam the crap out of invar shears? With Special Mobs disabled, I can *almost* get enough bones/rotten flesh every morning, but it's such a pain wandering around looking for items with Minecraft's pitifully short item render distance.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, the jetpack armour was disabled for this pack.
Okay, just wasn't sure. Kind of disappointing, but meh.

That said...I'm pretty sure I'm ready to try and leave...I've got 8 drums of water and a drum of liquid meat for the trip. :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What's the trick to surviving early-game without a trench? Do you just have to spam the crap out of invar shears? With Special Mobs disabled, I can *almost* get enough bones/rotten flesh every morning, but it's such a pain wandering around looking for items with Minecraft's pitifully short item render distance.

A bed, shears, and a watering can. I sleep away most nights(Potentially all of them if I can get a day 0 bed) and with as many worlds as I've been through I know about how far away mobs will spawn so I know about the area to search around the base. Usually though most mobs come to the ship so you just find a good spot they'll funnel to(Like in the left side of the cockpit where theres a 2 deep hole they get trapped in. Break the block to their legs and whack them to death with tools from the first night). I'm also playing with special mobs so it should work out a bit easier for you.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Aw, I died trying to loot a second reactor tower. The pigmen from across the street beat me up and then I was too slow hitting spacebar when I was coming down from flying. :(

Oh well, new world when 1.1.3 or something comes out (yes, I had a sync shell, but my stuff is ~2000 blocks away and I don't feel like making a new jetpack.)

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

https://twitter.com/Iskan_Dar/status/5086444926696284161

EDIT 1: Grrr...for some reason that link doesn't work...well, here's the conversation tweet thing (I don't really know how this whole twitter thing works).

https://twitter.com/Iskan_Dar/status/508644492669628416

EDIT 2: Apparently that was the link I was trying to link the first time! :D YAY! I win at twitter things! I feel very accomplished.

Anyway, yeah, basically, what I think this means is that the patch is complete and he's just waiting on someone from FTB to update things on their end, which will likely take place sometime today (09/08/14).

Last edited:

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/Iskan_Dar/status/508644492669628416
EDIT 2: Apparently that was the link I was trying to link the first time! YAY! I win at twitter things! I feel very accomplished.
Anyway, yeah, basically, what I think this means is that the patch is complete and he's just waiting on someone from FTB to update things on their end, which will likely take place sometime today (09/08/14).
so pretty much as expected, just waiting on the FTB guys to update the launcher list. now if only there was a changelog so i could read up on what all is fixed...

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
so pretty much as expected, just waiting on the FTB guys to update the launcher list. now if only there was a changelog so i could read up on what all is fixed...

Oh god...so much this. I am dying to know what got changed and modified! Man, I love this mod pack so much...

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
With Special Mobs disabled, I can *almost* get enough bones/rotten flesh every morning, but it's such a pain wandering around looking for items with Minecraft's pitifully short item render distance.

Lots of people complained about this being too hard, but I didn't think it was that bad. Without a trench though, this may be a little tougher. What I found worked well, was to smack a few zombies around at night. Eventually, you should trigger other zombies to come assist. This helps with zombie flesh, but not so much the bones. I used to do this in early versions without leaving the ship (there was a hole of dust on one top-side that you could clear and 'safely' poke your head out to aggro things.