[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up my first automated mob grinder [conveyors + punji sticks 4 now] and the small creepers are destroying belts and sticks. I've had full-size creepers explode with no environmental dmg, so I know mobGreifing is set to false. Anything else I can do?

If the answer's already been posted, I couldn't find it...so please forgive.
Weird. I never had any problems with using punji sticks. I heard creepers blowing up all the time in my mob farm and the punji sticks never got destroyed.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. I never had any problems with using punji sticks. I heard creepers blowing up all the time in my mob farm and the punji sticks never got destroyed.

I misspoke. Only the belts got removed [not destroyed]. For some reason I couldn't see the punji through the dark glass.[DOUBLEPOST=1410277497][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a use for the mob heads later on? Or decoration only?[DOUBLEPOST=1410277642][/DOUBLEPOST]Can't use sleeping bag outside while it's raining? No rain in desert...blocks overhead...still not working :confused:

Also, if you use OpenBlocks conveyors, the drops need to fall off the conveyor. So the block where the drops would be collected needs to be 1 block lower than the conveyor. Otherwise, items get stuck on the conveyor.

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I misspoke. Only the belts got removed [not destroyed]. For some reason I couldn't see the punji through the dark glass.[DOUBLEPOST=1410277497][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a use for the mob heads later on? Or decoration only?[DOUBLEPOST=1410277642][/DOUBLEPOST]Can't use sleeping bag outside while it's raining? No rain in desert...blocks overhead...still not working :confused:
Mob heads are used to boost your tinkers tools, but that's not really needed in this pack. You can only sleep at night with the sleeping bag. If it is daytime and raining, it's still daytime.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
So the magic 200 day mark has come and gone...the party btw was awesome. Tom got wasted as expected and started hitting on Rita which almost started a fight with Richard...Lucy almost burned herself up when she stepped outside with Shelly during the day...fun times.

Jokes aside, my new logistics/automation plugin of choice is now SFM. After watching the video showing sieve automating and being properly awed, I was compelled to build myself one.

I ran 2 standard chests worth of dust thru it and was more than happy with the speed of only three sieves. The problem was the time used to sort, store, and (in the case of metals) process. A better system was desperately needed. My initial setup was an exact clone of the video and what I envisioned was far more complex. Picture this, 24 gold chests, a trash can, 3 automatic sieves, 10 smelters, a transfer node cobble Gen feeding 4 crucibles to fuel the smelters, and overflow lava going to a drum for storage. This system will handle everything from dust, sand, gravel, and smooth stone automatically sorting, processing, and storing without any interference from me. The time saved from having to manually micromanage all that tedium far exceeds the cost of time and materials to set this up. Color me a happy camper. :)

I'll post a pic of the command interface after I get home from work.
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottieC

Carsetius

Jul 29, 2019
Jokes aside, my new logistics/automation plugin of choice is now SFM. After watching the video showing sieve automating and being properly awed, I was compelled to build myself one.

Please link to the video? I would love to learn more about how you did this!

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, a potion plant just gave me an effect that killed me in 3 seconds. It had red particles. I had 15 hearts. Does anyone know what effect that could have been?

Also, I'm turning off potion plant effects in the config because you gotta draw a line in the sand sometimes.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, a potion plant just gave me an effect that killed me in 3 seconds. It had red particles. I had 15 hearts. Does anyone know what effect that could have been?

Also, I'm turning off potion plant effects in the config because you gotta draw a line in the sand sometimes.
Why were you farming potion plants? I never farmed those for anything. I assume it gave you heat stroke III to kill you that quickly.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe it was a potion of harming? Wiki does say the potion effect is random so it could be a good or bad effect, I guess?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The Lunatics are still running the asylum.
Heh, I resemble that remark.....

They don't. But wouldn't connecting on the top, bottom and back protect the ducts? The explosions happen at ground level and are really tiny (I mean, they don't even affect dust).
FYI, they do affect dust, but it seems to only happen if they get spawned "in" the dust.... as in when you are suffocating creepers. It's not uncommon when using dust suffocation traps to have the dust get destroyed when the vanilla creepers die, and you come back to find a pit full of angry armor creepers.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Oh sweet jesus this is a lucky playthrough.

RrRjM11.png

Not even sure where this came from though...

sNcL45J.png

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ugh, ok I screwed up. I did not mean to include a save file with 1.1.2.1. As such, I didn't rename the default save file. Which means saves getting overwritten on update. I'm still not 100% it looks like. Sorry.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, ok I screwed up. I did not mean to include a save file with 1.1.2.1. As such, I didn't rename the default save file. Which means saves getting overwritten on update. I'm still not 100% it looks like. Sorry.

Time to start whining, crying, and stomping my feet. LOL

Easy fix guys, backup your s save directory elsewhere and merge them after updating.