Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Do RoC and ReC blocks can interact with transvector interface?
Sorry to disagree with the mod creator but I've used two blocks from RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft as targets for a Transvector Interface with no problems whatsoever (reactor fuel cores and compactors). There may be no systematic support for it, but whatever you want to do may be worth a try.

Reactions: madnewmy

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sorry to disagree with the mod creator but I've used two blocks from RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft as targets for a Transvector Interface with no problems whatsoever (reactor fuel cores and compactors). There may be no systematic support for it, but whatever you want to do may be worth a try.
"Standards" like inventories, yes. RC shaft power or pipes? No.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the ability to make Canola Seeds compatible with MFR planters/harvesters? Or does that rest with the MFR crew? OR is it configurable by me?

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
That is on MFR's end. Do not hold your breath, because I have been told that skyboy is not fond of RC.
Why ever would he not be? Your family of mods are the best I have come across in a while. I have not used any one mod more in my base than yours, and I am running 141+ mods.(I say + because some don't show up in the count.) I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into these amazing mods. Thank you.

P.S.Could you add configuration files for some of the nerfs in the latest version? Just wondering.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, RotaryCraft has its own auto-farming machines, anyway. If you ask me, they beat MFR to hell and back.
The only thing I use MFR for is mining out the huge rubber tree next to my base. (Yes, I planted a sacred rubber tree.) I cannot use rotarycraft for this, as all the leaves falling down would completely kill my junker of a computer.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Meh, RotaryCraft has its own auto-farming machines, anyway. If you ask me, they beat MFR to hell and back.
While I'm familiar with and more or less fond of RoC farming machines, I think this is the first I've heard of someone saying they "beat" MFR. By most definitions (efficiency, ease of use, power) I frequently hear the opinion that MFR is still far better, especially if you're including the whole farming scope (including tree-farming)

For myself, I'm inflicting some sort of horrible self-punishment and trying IC2/GT farming these days.

....it hurts when you're used to either RoC or MFR. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1407353599][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only thing I use MFR for is mining out the huge rubber tree next to my base. (Yes, I planted a sacred rubber tree.) I cannot use rotarycraft for this, as all the leaves falling down would completely kill my junker of a computer.
The later versions of RoC handle this far better. If you're up to date, you should consider saving your world and trying a bedrock axe on it, see what happens (mostly because I'm curious :p)

Reactions: 1M Industries

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
While I'm familiar with and more or less fond of RoC farming machines, I think this is the first I've heard of someone saying they "beat" MFR. By most definitions (efficiency, ease of use, power) I frequently hear the opinion that MFR is still far better, especially if you're including the whole farming scope (including tree-farming)

For myself, I'm inflicting some sort of horrible self-punishment and trying IC2/GT farming these days.

....it hurts when you're used to either RoC or MFR. :\
What is the IC2/GT farming? I have not used them for two months.[DOUBLEPOST=1407353709][/DOUBLEPOST]

....it hurts when you're used to either RoC or MFR. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1407353599][/DOUBLEPOST]
The later versions of RoC handle this far better. If you're up to date, you should consider saving your world and trying a bedrock axe on it, see what happens (mostly because I'm curious :p)
Did you read the "junker of a computer" bit? It took two minutes just to load the tree in. The thing is 38 chunks in diameter and goes to world height!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Did you read the "junker of a computer" bit? It took two minutes just to load the tree in. The thing is 38 chunks in diameter and goes to world height!
Did you read the I'm curious part? My priorities are my amusement at your expense. Dance monkey, chop the tree!

and possibly have a pail of water beside your computer just in case.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
This is a video I found on this tree. I have mined a third and I have over 3 million rubber wood.[DOUBLEPOST=1407353987][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you read the I'm curious part? My priorities are my amusement at your expense. Dance monkey, chop the tree!

More like fire extinguisher.
I might make a new one and try later tonight. I have had to unplug my computer with cutting down twilight forest trees, much less this.

P.S. I am running v24. Just so you know.

Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm not really a fan of the fan mechanic. Fps goes down drastically from all the entities flying around in big farms. I would rather like to have MFR planters and harvesters work with canola seeds. The only alternative to RoC machines are Thaumcraft golems, but they have their own problems.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Diggsey

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has already been suggested (not going to read all 33 pages):
I'd really like to see proper handling of torque in rotarycraft - instead of having fixed torque and speed everywhere, it should calculate it in a more realistic fashion. For example, a DC engine would still produce 4Nm of torque, but instead of having a fixed speed of 256rad/s, that would be a maximum speed. The actual speed would be determined by what it is connected to.

Machines would have static and dynamic friction associated with them. If the DC motor is connected directly to a machine with a static friction of 3Nm, and a dynamic friction of 0.5Nms/rad, then the speed is calculated as follows:
First subtract the static friction, 4Nm - 3Nm = 1Nm of torque remaining. If this is less than or equal to zero then the motor is not strong enough to turn it at all.
Next divide by the dynamic friction, 1Nm / 0.5Nms/rad = 2rad/s
Finally, limit the speed to the motor's maximum speed.

This is not just adding complexity for no reason - it allows you to do some really cool stuff like adding differentials, brakes, etc. At the moment there's the almost magical "shaft power bus controller" which is necessary if you want to power multiple machines without wasting power, but really doesn't fit with the rest of the mod. It would be much better if you could instead build a system of differentials, and brakes: machines which are not currently in use would be braked (brakes would when powered have a very large static friction, exceeding it could damage the brakes) and then by the nature of differentials, the power would be distributed to the in-use machines.

Also, multi-block gearboxes using pistons would be cool. Last time I checked rotarycraft stuff could not be moved by a piston which is sad.

Reactions: abculatter_2

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

I danced. And tried to chop the tree. The axe chopped single blocks of wood at a time, each accompanied by a lagspike. Oh well, no expanse on my part! (Aside from learning that a dual core CPU from 5 years ago will not cut it for heavily modded minecraft.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Apologies if this has already been suggested (not going to read all 33 pages):
I'd really like to see proper handling of torque in rotarycraft - instead of having fixed torque and speed everywhere, it should calculate it in a more realistic fashion. For example, a DC engine would still produce 4Nm of torque, but instead of having a fixed speed of 256rad/s, that would be a maximum speed. The actual speed would be determined by what it is connected to.

Machines would have static and dynamic friction associated with them. If the DC motor is connected directly to a machine with a static friction of 3Nm, and a dynamic friction of 0.5Nms/rad, then the speed is calculated as follows:
First subtract the static friction, 4Nm - 3Nm = 1Nm of torque remaining. If this is less than or equal to zero then the motor is not strong enough to turn it at all.
Next divide by the dynamic friction, 1Nm / 0.5Nms/rad = 2rad/s
Finally, limit the speed to the motor's maximum speed.

This is not just adding complexity for no reason - it allows you to do some really cool stuff like adding differentials, brakes, etc. At the moment there's the almost magical "shaft power bus controller" which is necessary if you want to power multiple machines without wasting power, but really doesn't fit with the rest of the mod. It would be much better if you could instead build a system of differentials, and brakes: machines which are not currently in use would be braked (brakes would when powered have a very large static friction, exceeding it could damage the brakes) and then by the nature of differentials, the power would be distributed to the in-use machines.

Also, multi-block gearboxes using pistons would be cool. Last time I checked rotarycraft stuff could not be moved by a piston which is sad.
I tried torque-speed curves early on. It was a disaster.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

Also, I tried a woodcutter. It did not even break a single block of the wood. Sorry.