Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind I don't use RotaryCraft.

How about Drones? I understand that there is a camera in RC, so why not turn that into a Drone, controlled by a computer?
I believe this has already been requested, and @Reika (I agree) thinks that this doesn't really fit with RoC. It belongs in a more electrical-like mod, rather than one in which everything spins.

Reactions: Padfoote

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Done:
hOovyqn.png

np0MwIT.png

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to be watching those release notes!!!!!!!!

Running my reactor at a remote location and a shaft through the nether sounds less bothersome now.

Reactions: ton2790

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Chicken McReika? I've re-read the changelog; how/what/where?

===

That's what I meant by:

Too bad. Folks are still dependent on 3rd party unrealistic wormholes for long distance transportation (from a base to a theoretical underground boring machine 2km away)

As far as I can tell, there is no way to avoid 2 km of shaft/electricraft wiring.

If I have a machine at (2k, 2k), and I want to power it, I need the portal at (2k, 2k) in the other dimension. The 8x scaling of the nether does not factor in. Being at (256, 256) in the nether won't help.

(Or have I completely misunderstood things?)

---
Ahh, a page or so behind.
It is something I am willing though possibly not able to change.

---

One more page, and it's done! Wow!

8x less shafting.

... wait, that sounds ...

Reactions: Pyure

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Interesting to see that my turbine-lubricant suggestion got put in. I understand that HP turbines take lubricant input through the steam injectors.

Quick question so I can get everything correctly hooked up with lube before I update, do magnetostatics require lubricant input from a specific side, e.g. the bottom, or are the top and sides good to go?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Quick question so I can get everything correctly hooked up with lube before I update, do magnetostatics require lubricant input from a specific side, e.g. the bottom, or are the top and sides good to go?

Any open side IIRC.

Reactions: EyeDeck

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
But how do electric currents react to wormholes? Time for !!SCIENCE!!

The same way it would react to mechanical forces. An electric current is as physical as a rod would be, if a rod could go through without trouble so could a stream of electrons traveling in a insulated conductive medium.

I actually want to see a mod that uses portal as a power source, of course with some difficulty and potential hazards (monsters comeing through, reality bleeding in to nothingness, explosions that sort of thing). But this isn't the place for such a suggestion.

Is a inefficient grinder less lube option still off the table?

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I could not find a similar ReactorCraft suggestion page, so I guess I will post here. Is there any plan for other types of reactors to be added to ReactorCraft? While there are a variety of fission designs, there is only one fusion. Inertial confinement fusion reactors like the National Ignition facility could be a tier above the Tokamak style reactor currently at the top. At 500 TJ laser bursts that's only 2500 Auroral Batteries :p. Okay maybe that would be GT style hard. Z pinch reactors also use the capacitors, but not the same level of power as NIF so maybe that would be more feasible. Also maybe a fusor style reactor for early game tests at fusion, even if that one could not produce any power, and only be a tritium source.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I could not find a similar ReactorCraft suggestion page, so I guess I will post here. Is there any plan for other types of reactors to be added to ReactorCraft? While there are a variety of fission designs, there is only one fusion. Inertial confinement fusion reactors like the National Ignition facility could be a tier above the Tokamak style reactor currently at the top. At 500 TJ laser bursts that's only 2500 Auroral Batteries :p. Okay maybe that would be GT style hard. Z pinch reactors also use the capacitors, but not the same level of power as NIF so maybe that would be more feasible. Also maybe a fusor style reactor for early game tests at fusion, even if that one could not produce any power, and only be a tritium source.
I was initially going to add an ICF reactor instead of a tokamak, but it ran into serious problems with implementation, realism, ingame feasability, and how well it "fit" with RC-style machinery.