1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I think Eyamaz will make a modpack, similar to blood and bones, but with hardcore questing and have more tech then blood and bones. I also think there will be some sort of alternate terrain gen mod included, not a map like agrarian skies.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Lol. Most Expect monster... get single pathed FTB.
Not hating on the quest guys... from what I hear its well done. Its just amusing ftb is moving in a direction opposite of the majority of their users...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
As far as it is concerned, I plan on having HQM built on top of packs I am doing for FTB, not built around.
As it stands, forget everything you know. Jaded and I have spent a lot of time talking with various authors about customization tools, and you will see them in use.

Oh, and I'll be doing a YouTube tutorial series on how to use them once I get all the parts for my new computer.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I could be incredibly wrong tbh... maybe there was a significant demand for the AS that I was not aware of. Just didn't realize the launcher was called Feed The HCQ

Reactions: sivina and Sarda

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be "that guy", but are there any plans for packs that don't involve throwing HMQ into absolutely everything? If I want a challenge map, I download a challenge map. Just saying.

Um cause you can't just turn off the quests mod and play a normal world? Pretty sure we added the "disable" button to the launcher so people could disable mods they didn't care for.[DOUBLEPOST=1407195041][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guarantee there will be someone who makes one, whether it's on ATL, Technic, or FTB. You could also just take out HQM (because the quests would probably not be compatible), and join TW3 and MW3 mods together into a single pack ;)

Or they could play Direwolf20 which is always a kitchen sink pack...

So DW20's stuff isn't receiving "official" attention early on? Guess I'll have to check out his Twitter.
Personally, I would also love a well-maintained pack with both Magic and Tech inside, as opposed to them being strictly separated.

1. Until DW20 gives us a lits... bit hard to give it any "official" attention
2. That would be the DW20 pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1407195212][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would like to see HQM as an optional mod instead of being used in every single pack like others have said if I wanted a challenge map I would be playing something else

We're not making maps for any of these packs. Just quests that fit the pack and can be turned off if you would prefer to play normally. Stop reading into things. HQM is a book. That has quests added. It does not have to be hardcore, and it certainly doesn't require a map.

I think Eyamaz will make a modpack, similar to blood and bones, but with hardcore questing and have more tech then blood and bones. I also think there will be some sort of alternate terrain gen mod included, not a map like agrarian skies.

I don't think he is planning to do that at all.

Lol. Most Expect monster... get single pathed FTB.
Not hating on the quest guys... from what I hear its well done. Its just amusing ftb is moving in a direction opposite of the majority of their users...

Actually most users have demonstrated they prefer themed packs. HQM just adds a nice way we can add optional quests.

I could be incredibly wrong tbh... maybe there was a significant demand for the AS that I was not aware of. Just didn't realize the launcher was called Feed The HCQ

AS is one of the most downloaded modpacks in minecraft. We are not however making 4 AS mappacks. We are making 4 very different packs with optional quests.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
As far as it is concerned, I plan on having HQM built on top of packs I am doing for FTB, not built around.
Phew.
We're not making maps for any of these packs. Just quests that fit the pack and can be turned off if you would prefer to play normally. Stop reading into things. HQM is a book. That has quests added. It does not have to be hardcore, and it certainly doesn't require a map.
I repeat, phew.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Shockingly as part of the team you could have just asked Eyamaz or I instead of stirring users up by making assumptions.
I looked in TS and didn't see either of you, and then it started to crush my system. I posted my concern, you corrected, problem solved :)

Reactions: INCSlayer

AnonTheMouse

Jul 29, 2019
My main concern is that many people don't use the disable button, which makes it hard to find a server, if the "out-the-box" experience isn't the one you want. Moreover, is it really right to chastise people "on the team" for not knowing that this ubiquitous usage of hardcore questing is only meant as an option? It people who ought to be "in the know" don't know, how can you really expect us regular users to? Particularly with the current pushing of that mod through the Jampacked competition, that it is the new core focus of FTB is a reasonably justified assumption for people to be making.

On the other subject, though, I think something needs to be said. I don't really consider the inevitable Direwolf20 pack to be a good substitute for an official combined magic and tech pack. As you, Jaded, say yourself, it is a "kitchen sink" pack.

Now, I mean no offence to Dire, who does a lot to keep the community up to date on the development and mechanics of a staggering number of mods, as well as having his own modpack to maintain. However, his packs aren't really designed with an eye for balance concerns, integration, theming, or minimizing redundancy. They're more of a collection of mods that work together than a collection of mods that work well together. I like a bit of magic and a bit of technology, but I also like when a bit more goes into making them work together than just squashing the worst of the bugs.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
I find the concern over the Questing mod to be silly. Honestly, having played AS somewhat thoroughly now, HQM has the excellent ability to be something of a basic tutorial that exists within the game so that one isn't constantly moving between the game and browsers / YouTube trying to find the specific bit of information. I think it'll be nice to have something when that lack of drive hits, you can go to it and work towards something specific. I've found myself frequently in other packs sitting on my hands wondering 'what should I do now' and I end up not making any true progress for days at a time.

Sheesh, folks should wait until after the modpacks come out and they get a chance to play it before whining.

Shockingly as part of the team you could have just asked Eyamaz or I instead of stirring users up by making assumptions.

People reading between lines and jumping to conclusions are exactly what makes the modpack team get tired of making packs.

Reactions: Equitime

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
My main concern is that many people don't use the disable button, which makes it hard to find a server, if the "out-the-box" experience isn't the one you want. Moreover, is it really right to chastise people "on the team" for not knowing that this ubiquitous usage of hardcore questing is only meant as an option? It people who ought to be "in the know" don't know, how can you really expect us regular users to? Particularly with the current pushing of that mod through the Jampacked competition, that it is the new core focus of FTB is a reasonably justified assumption for people to be making.

On the other subject, though, I think something needs to be said. I don't really consider the inevitable Direwolf20 pack to be a good substitute for an official combined magic and tech pack. As you, Jaded, say yourself, it is a "kitchen sink" pack.

Now, I mean no offence to Dire, who does a lot to keep the community up to date on the development and mechanics of a staggering number of mods, as well as having his own modpack to maintain. However, his packs aren't really designed with an eye for balance concerns, integration, theming, or minimizing redundancy. They're more of a collection of mods that work together than a collection of mods that work well together. I like a bit of magic and a bit of technology, but I also like when a bit more goes into making them work together than just squashing the worst of the bugs.

Wiki team is in charge of the wiki. They actually don't know whats going in modpacks. That would be like expecting me as part of the modpack team or moderation team to know what rules are in place on the wiki. I trust the wiki team to handle that themselves and if I have a question I ask them. FTB is not one giant team with everyone knowing everything about all jobs. That would be impossible. It is several smaller teams that overlap and work together. Even Slow doesn't fully know what the modpack team has planned for 1.7.10. I don't fully know what Eyamaz has planned for his 2 packs, and he doesn't know what I am doing with my 2 FTB packs. If we spent time making sure everyone knows everything we'd get nothing done. If any team member needs to know something they just need to come ask the team in charge of that area. My chastisement was that Santa didn't ask first. Which lead to people thinking he knew something he didn't. A message on the forums to me or Eyamaz could have cleared everything up. It was perhaps a bit harsh. But users see the banners, don't read them and assume everyone with a banner knows what they are talking about. Which leads to confusion I have to clear up.

The Jampacked competition is something Slow is doing as a community event, and has nothing to do with the modpack team.

When people say "official combined pack" they mean Monster. Monster is a "kitchen sink" pack. We are not making packs like Monster anymore. Anyone can make a "kitchen sink" pack in 1.7.10. There are already several. Some of them even have HQM. We are interested in creating gamepacks. Balanced and themed. There is one pack up there that has not been described. I suggest you wait and see what it ends up being cause its obviously not going to be just Magic or just Tech since I already described those 2 packs. So that would leave some sort of combination pack. Or something new. Anything but pure magic, pure tech or kitchen sink.

And DW20 does not maintain his modpack. If he did it would be under third party packs. In 1.6.4 I maintained it. In 1.7.10 we have a team thats going to take care of that and other celebrity packs.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that the download mechanics for the launcher will change so that mods already downloaded will not be downloaded again, but instead copied if it has already been downloaded in another pack - does this mean that there will be a universal folder with all the mods ever downloaded in it, or will the launcher search through other packs looking to see if the mods are already downloaded when a new pack is being created?

OEMitchell

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever kind of modpacks come out, they'll be great regardless of what IS in them, what ISN'T in them, etc. Just like every other modpack on FTB, you can add whatever you want to whatever you want. Takes not 10 minutes to copy/paste mods from the other modpack folders. Very much looking forward to 1.7 and the different themed packs.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
As a side note... sorry for snapping at you @SatanicSanta <3
Apology accepted. Sorry for confusing people <3
Have kittens
Kittens.jpg

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
My main concern is that many people don't use the disable button, which makes it hard to find a server, if the "out-the-box" experience isn't the one you want.

HQM adds nothing more a book full of quests and a handful of blocks you can use with it... Even if you can't "disable" the mod, nothing stops you from just ignoring those items.

Nothing requires you to touch every mod in each pack. Hell, there's some mods in the packs I play that I've been wanting to get around to playing with and haven't managed to yet.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Um cause you can't just turn off the quests mod and play a normal world? Pretty sure we added the "disable" button to the launcher so people could disable mods they didn't care for.[DOUBLEPOST=1407195041][/DOUBLEPOST]

Or they could play Direwolf20 which is always a kitchen sink pack...

1. Until DW20 gives us a lits... bit hard to give it any "official" attention
2. That would be the DW20 pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1407195212][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't think he is planning to do that at all.

Actually most users have demonstrated they prefer themed packs. HQM just adds a nice way we can add optional quests.

AS is one of the most downloaded modpacks in minecraft. We are not however making 4 AS mappacks. We are making 4 very different packs with optional quests.
lol right after my first post... I then wondered if HCQ had a huge following... Cuz I know you guys pay attention to what gets downloaded... the optional is a great idea. Heck, after people have quarried their 58th chunk be like WHAT NOW? I BORED!!! GO DO A QUEST MORAN[DOUBLEPOST=1407199978][/DOUBLEPOST]
Apology accepted. Sorry for confusing people <3
Have kittens
Angry kitten fight.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
HQM adds nothing more a book full of quests and a handful of blocks you can use with it... Even if you can't "disable" the mod, nothing stops you from just ignoring those items.

Nothing requires you to touch every mod in each pack. Hell, there's some mods in the packs I play that I've been wanting to get around to playing with and haven't managed to yet.

I should mention again, we are not enabling the Hardcore part. Just the quest book. We'll keep hardcore to personal packs of evilness :p

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I should mention again, we are not enabling the Hardcore part. Just the quest book. We'll keep hardcore to personal packs of evilness :p
That is smart. Also you are right in people and need to realize that the book is up to them to use, and isn't forced upon them.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If any team member needs to know something they just need to come ask the team in charge of that area. My chastisement was that Santa didn't ask first. Which lead to people thinking he knew something he didn't. A message on the forums to me or Eyamaz could have cleared everything up.

How many of those do you actually read? I've bin assuming that you get a tons of PMs all the time and hardly have time to actually read them all. I mean I posted one a short while ago about... and didn't get a response.. If you actually do read them all then. He I think I just found out what the secret pack is about. :D
Or not. It'll be fun to see ether way.

Status
Not open for further replies.