1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So no giant Monster / Ultimate type pack planned at this point. I guess I will have to stick to tech or magic for a bit, not do both in one world, but I'm totally fine with that.

But another super dark modpack from Eyamaz?! I'm really excited now!! And somewhat scared.

No. We already announced we aren't doing that for official packs anymore. You can get your 3 kitchen sinks and 6 electrical plant packs from DW20 or third party pack creators.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@Jadedcat one of my favorite things about FTB Lite is that I could actually play them. Now that 1.7.10 has come I find this being a problem becuase there are computers that are old like mine that cannot run anything past 1.7.5 because Mojang has switches to OpenGL 2.1 which any computer old then 2006 (i think, correct me if I'm wrong) cannot run OpenGL 2.1

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Is their any update on the final release of the 1.6.4 packs or is the current version (aka monster 1.1.2) the final one. No need for a ETA or anything, just want to know if they are still being worked on or not.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there a tentative list of mods for these packs anywhere?

Love it!

Quote an excerpt and then proceed to do what you were told not to!

Do NOT ask for ETA's or modlists. Doing so may get you timed out from the forums. We'll let you know when they are ready for you to start breaking them.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing... It only frustrates you and annoys the pig" - Robert A. Heinlein, "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
HQM seems to greatly contribute to where mod packs and modded play is heading in the future. When we started with it last year we could never have anticipated that.
Honestly, it gave me a second wind for Minecraft with Agrarian Skies. Even having been a long-time follower of Direwolf, since he has been putting his packs with FTB, his videos weren't enough to draw my interest back. I'm extremely curious how HQM is going to be integrated into these upcoming packs, as the few 3rd party ones focused around it have been a complete blast.

AndrewPwner

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much guys; you guys are freaking awesome!
Dare I say that maybe the super duper secret pack may have something to do with HQM reputation and factions? Either way I can see great things coming with 1.7 & HQM!!

Fredge

Jul 29, 2019
If I might suggest a mod for the magic pack that wasnot in the last one. The Necromancy mod might be a fun one to put in.

greatlyundecided

Jul 29, 2019
really looking forward to your packs jaded. i had a lot of fun with magic farm 2. AG just doesn't work for me solo but it's a good pack none the less

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019
@Jadedcat one of my favorite things about FTB Lite is that I could actually play them. Now that 1.7.10 has come I find this being a problem becuase there are computers that are old like mine that cannot run anything past 1.7.5 because Mojang has switches to OpenGL 2.1 which any computer old then 2006 (i think, correct me if I'm wrong) cannot run OpenGL 2.1

There's not much that FTB can do about it. The modding community is moving forward to 1.7. The only way FTB can stay relevant is by moving to it. Just like the move to 1.6 though, the older packs will still be on the launcher and can still be used.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
There's not much that FTB can do about it. The modding community is moving forward to 1.7. The only way FTB can stay relevant is by moving to it. Just like the move to 1.6 though, the older packs will still be on the launcher and can still be used.

I should have asked the question in there to that is was going to but I had to go. I was going to ask if.it would be possible to have Lite be in 172 instead of 1710 although as.it stands I may just have to make my own pack

CCdog987

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, will you be devolping Server files for it? I want to play the magic pack with my friend

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
/me hopes that they will at least be playable with quests and such removed, as I and several of my friends cannot stand HQM and the whole questing system. This is mainly because we like to play at our own paces, and if we get bored of one thing we can just go to another.
Just because item/block IDs are now gone, does not mean BIOME/DIM IDs and other common config settings have gone away. I am pretty sure they still have global configs ready and waiting for them hidden away somewhere.

And keep up the great work! I look forward to what the FTB Team prepares for us, especially the lovely, juicy, evilness that awaits us.
IDs aren't gone. They are just handled automagically within vMC.
Just a question Jaded? Why do you care so much, its funny because from what I'm reading it sounds like your an old married couple :p
Friends don't let friends wake up at 5AM for no reason.
So no giant Monster / Ultimate type pack planned at this point. I guess I will have to stick to tech or magic for a bit, not do both in one world, but I'm totally fine with that.

But another super dark modpack from Eyamaz?! I'm really excited now!! And somewhat scared.
I guarantee there will be someone who makes one, whether it's on ATL, Technic, or FTB. You could also just take out HQM (because the quests would probably not be compatible), and join TW3 and MW3 mods together into a single pack ;)

There's also the fact that chunkloading is absolute crap and freezes for anyone without a super computer. Though this isn't really an issue for most after a couple weeks in a world.
Not to be "that guy", but are there any plans for packs that don't involve throwing HMQ into absolutely everything? If I want a challenge map, I download a challenge map. Just saying.
Don't worry, you aren't "that guy", because there's two of us.

Deathstar

Jul 29, 2019
No. We already announced we aren't doing that for official packs anymore. You can get your 3 kitchen sinks and 6 electrical plant packs from DW20 or third party pack creators.

So DW20's stuff isn't receiving "official" attention early on? Guess I'll have to check out his Twitter.
Personally, I would also love a well-maintained pack with both Magic and Tech inside, as opposed to them being strictly separated.

AnonTheMouse

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would also love a well-maintained pack with both Magic and Tech inside, as opposed to them being strictly separated.

Yeah, I agree with this rather a bit too. I like packs that have a nice mix of magic and technology. Sure, the whole, "throw in everything at once at let someone else worry about redundancy" aspect of some packs can be a drag, but I've grown up with a number of media sources to teach me that magic and machines are not mutually exclusive. I like to have a dash of each in my game sometimes. Plus, keeping them relegated each to their own pack means that people with mods like Technomancy and Magic Bees are left out in the cold, since their mods won't really fit anywhere.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So DW20's stuff isn't receiving "official" attention early on? Guess I'll have to check out his Twitter.

Direwolf and the devs on Forgecraft do their own testing and when they're happy they turn their pack over to FtB for distribution and maintenance. Their Youtube Server series is running 1.7 right now and has 4 or 5 episodes so far... On today's episode DW was bemoaning that Computercraft isn't ready yet. I think they have a total of 48 or so mods they are testing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.