Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
That's my favorite part of new MC versions, mod makers take the opportunity to expand on what they have learned and radically change their mods in some cases.
I'm open to it, but going forward I'm planning to use less and less mods due to radical changes. I'm fine with a progressing evolution but learning mods takes time and I don't want a completely different system to get my "insert mod item name" with every update. Its bad enough we can't really migrate worlds between updates. I'm getting mildly annoy with getting the same functioning items in new versions and having to learn new hoops to jump to get them each time.

But that's just me.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly can't stand the ignore function on here. It doesn't even hint that there might be something hidden, and even strips quotes from replies, so if someone replies to someone you're ignoring, it looks like they're talking to the thread in general... which is just confusing, at best.

On the other hand, I've never liked using ignore functionality in general, so maybe that's just me.
It actually does tove a hint, a button appears at the bottom of the page saying something along the lines of "show ignored content" and reveals all quotes and messages.

Reactions: YX33A

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm not opposed to the changes, but it can be a bit much in some cases.

Similar side note though, Ender IO is a BEAST in 1.7. Farms, armor, mob spawning systems... CrazyPants is going "ham" as they say on the MTV. Dark Steel Chestplate with glider upgrade and a Blood Magic Air Sigil = awesome flight mechanic.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, RedPower 3 seems to be progressing, NEI is updated for 1.7, SpaceToad is adding awesome stuff for BuildCraft, and even Bibliocraft is getting some cool features with auto-supporting new modded planks. Is it just me, or are other people as hyped about the modding scene right now?
As long as the hype train is posted, I'm fine with the idea of HYPE HYPE HYPE C'MON GUIES GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN CHUU CHUU THE HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS NEXT STOP THE NEAREST BLACK HOLE BECAUSE THIS TRAIN IS CANCER AND IT'S TIME WE KILLED IT AND EVERYONE ON IT!
images

There, I'm good.
Also:
Well right now I need people go get a since of humor, and get that somethings said as in a videogame forum are going to be meant as a joke and, to stop demanding everything in the universe to happen right now. Why don't you go look up his plans and program it your self and then no one will have to wait.
You have until tomorrow. [Cause it clearly doesn't take any sort of time to code cause it's just so easy and the mod devs are just spending most of there time sitting on there hands.]
No really try coding anything from scratch.
Seriously Ichun said he is working on it. Asking ETA ETA all the time no mater what way you say it isn't exactly useful.

To whom it may concern: Anything in brackets is meant as sarcasm a type of joke. Cause you apparently need an explanation.
Ite in ore voluptas leprosus coloniam.*

*Rough Translation.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
As long as the hype train is posted, I'm fine with the idea of HYPE HYPE HYPE C'MON GUIES GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN CHUU CHUU THE HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS NEXT STOP THE NEAREST BLACK HOLE BECAUSE THIS TRAIN IS CANCER AND IT'S TIME WE KILLED IT AND EVERYONE ON IT!
images

There, I'm good.
Also:

Ite in ore voluptas leprosus coloniam.*

*Rough Translation.
I needed google translate b/c I can't be bothered to learn Latin.
At least I think that was Latin.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm open to it, but going forward I'm planning to use less and less mods due to radical changes. I'm fine with a progressing evolution but learning mods takes time and I don't want a completely different system to get my "insert mod item name" with every update. Its bad enough we can't really migrate worlds between updates. I'm getting mildly annoy with getting the same functioning items in new versions and having to learn new hoops to jump to get them each time.

But that's just me.

I can understand that, and of course it boils down to the everyone plays MC differently. Personally the fact that I have to relearn some mods on major updates actually continues my interest. Familiarity for me tends to make the game play faster and then I have to start a new map because I hit end-game items so quick.

World migration tends to be an issue even in vanilla, especially lately, with all of the major code changes they are implementing.

I get what @RedBoss is saying, I don't like how I have to learn a entirely new system every update, but TC 4.2 doesn't seem like a huge change. It isn't as if it turned into TC5, but I rather like restarting worlds because it gives me another chance to go a different route for early-game.

And this, after a period of time even without updates, I like to start over, get a fresh start, take what I learned last time to improve what I do this time.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand that, and of course it boils down to the everyone plays MC differently. Personally the fact that I have to relearn some mods on major updates actually continues my interest. Familiarity for me tends to make the game play faster and then I have to start a new map because I hit end-game items so quick.

World migration tends to be an issue even in vanilla, especially lately, with all of the major code changes they are implementing.

And this, after a period of time even without updates, I like to start over, get a fresh start, take what I learned last time to improve what I do this time.
Same here. I like to be close to the bleeding edge, but the issue there is that no matter what you learn, it's meaningless if anything changes. Stay on the cutting edge and what you learn stays useful for a while more oft then not.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: PierceSG