Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i for one welcome the integration of Node and Essentia vis.

I suppose this makes a big change in the way we"ll transfer vis around. Bad new for essentia coils, but i think it's also a much better opportunity to integrate machines and generators with vanilla thaumcraft. It makes sense to me to have a separation of raw magical power coming from nodes and the magical equivalent to reactives, coolants, and other needed "materials" coming from essentia.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i for one welcome the integration of Node and Essentia vis.

I suppose this makes a big change in the way we"ll transfer vis around. Bad new for essentia coils, but i think it's also a much better opportunity to integrate machines and generators with vanilla thaumcraft. It makes sense to me to have a separation of raw magical power coming from nodes and the magical equivalent to reactives, coolants, and other needed "materials" coming from essentia.
Essentia ~= vis.
EDIT: To clarify, essentia coils transfer essentia, not vis.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
But, until now, there hasn't been any interaction between essentia and node vis (except for a few very very very limited ways to convert node vis to essentia- crafting something that requires vis in the wand and process it in an arcane distillary). You could have ten jars of ignis and not be able to use the wand focus of fireball, and you could have a silverwood stuff full of ignis and not be able to craft one nitor.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
But, until now, there hasn't been any interaction between essentia and node vis (except for a few very very very limited ways to convert node vis to essentia- crafting something that requires vis in the wand and process it in an arcane distillary). You could have ten jars of ignis and not be able to use the wand focus of fireball, and you could have a silverwood stuff full of ignis and not be able to craft one nitor.
You still can't convert Essentia to Vis, or at least not how the video showed it.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
You still can't convert Essentia to Vis, or at least not how the video showed it.

I've changed that post quit a bit to say "interact" instead. Previously, there was no interaction at all between node vis and essentia, now they can both power things like the furnace, it may be a begining for more.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Will you shut up. Have you ever read his plans for that. It's nightmarish.
Morph still needs an actually gameplay mechanic to earn morphs. Otherwise it's still very unbalanced.

Plans are great and all, but as of right now, Morph STILL needs some sort of balance through gameplay. Which is what Mev said. And really, calling people out about their opinions (or telling them to shut up about them) is quite rude.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Plans are great and all, but as of right now, Morph STILL needs some sort of balance through gameplay. Which is what Mev said. And really, calling people out about their opinions (or telling them to shut up about them) is quite rude.

Well right now I need people go get a since of humor, and get that somethings said as in a videogame forum are going to be meant as a joke and, to stop demanding everything in the universe to happen right now. Why don't you go look up his plans and program it your self and then no one will have to wait.
You have until tomorrow. [Cause it clearly doesn't take any sort of time to code cause it's just so easy and the mod devs are just spending most of there time sitting on there hands.]
No really try coding anything from scratch.
Seriously Ichun said he is working on it. Asking ETA ETA all the time no mater what way you say it isn't exactly useful.

To whom it may concern: Anything in brackets is meant as sarcasm a type of joke. Cause you apparently need an explanation.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well right now I need people go get a since of humor, and get that somethings said as in a videogame forum are going to be meant as a joke and, to stop demanding everything in the universe to happen right now. Why don't you go look up his plans and program it your self and then no one will have to wait.
You have until tomorrow. [Cause it clearly doesn't take any sort of time to code cause it's just so easy and the mod devs are just spending most of there time sitting on there hands.]
Seriously Ichun said he is working on it. Asking ETA ETA all the time no mater what way you say it isn't exactly useful.

To whom it may concern: Anything in brackets is meant as sarcasm a type of joke. Cause you apparently need an explanation.

No one is saying he needs to add it right now. I didn't say it, and Mev didn't say it. All we're saying is that Morph is currently lacking some balance. If he's currently working on it, great. If he isn't, oh well.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Or set it on fire.

or mutate the golem into a Bane-like creature...

03W7M0O.jpg

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
or mutate the golem into a Bane-like creature...

03W7M0O.jpg
ARNIE![DOUBLEPOST=1404983940][/DOUBLEPOST]

Throwing into my ignore pile.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Throwing into my ignore pile.
I honestly can't stand the ignore function on here. It doesn't even hint that there might be something hidden, and even strips quotes from replies, so if someone replies to someone you're ignoring, it looks like they're talking to the thread in general... which is just confusing, at best.

On the other hand, I've never liked using ignore functionality in general, so maybe that's just me.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Hm, this feels familiar...
Oh, right.
Just because balance is in the pipe line and it's gonna be insufferable, doesn't mean that people who wish it was balanced by gameplay already should have to listen to people citing the balance it's gonna have like the insufferable pricks they are.
The mod is fun, needs balancing, etc etc, now please, would you kindly stop saying "It's gonna be balanced" like that changes the issue of it being really unbalanced right now when the balance will likely never come?
Also, would you kindly head to Andrew Ryan's office and Kill the Sonofabitch?
What about the MineChem reactors? :D
Which ones? The Fission and Fusion ones that are multiblocks with no instructions on how to build them beyond projector slides, no details on how to use them via NEI, let alone any mention of them in game without NEI(unless your journal mentions it when you make one)? Or the Particle Physics ones that are actually really cool?