Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Oh believe me, I don't.

If somebody plagiarizes, their mod doesn't need to be up. but don't post that drama shit like you're proud or something, like i see from the person in question. People deserve to know if a mod is plagiarized, but let it end there.
proportionSize = 2
midi_secThinks = 10

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
of course you can't, you relish that stuff :p

if you say so man. that's your opinion, and i've said mine.
I'm going to say it because Vaz lost interest and went to dinner and you can't take a hint.
He doesn't care. Go away and stop provoking drama out of him, you prepubescent.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Using quotes like that makes you seem like an asshole. Don't, please.

It was meant to be taken in a joking manner. Your response on the other hand makes you seem a little... yah. Anyway it's against forum rules to be personally insulting. So, Don't please.

Are you in the ever so illustrious clan I just made up that takes anything I do as an offence to the overall integrity of the modding scene because I took down a mod piece of wholehearted plagiarism in the past?

No I am of the clan that believes that no one can create something from nothing and that everybody barrows elements from others works. It's what you do with those elements that separates plagiarism and that copping the work of others is often the first step in learning how to create. Learning how to making something something new and unique takes time.
Imagine if people treated everything the same way as bits of code or art. We would still be living in caves and eating what ever we could find and stuff in out mouths.
Or imagine if mojang was like that with there code that every mod dev is so happily playing with. Every dev "barrows" code from mojang. What's important is giving back as much or more than you take. This is how the world and individuals evolve.

And I for one think that Alfhiem is a great reference. (And it's not like SAO isn't "borrowing" every video game trope there is. And doesn't Alfhiem literally mean home of the elfs?)
You might even want to consider talking to RWtema about using his flying ring consent. It would be real interesting to be able to toss one of those rings in to get a Elf version back. It might be a bit faster but with a fuel cost.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
First of all there's plagerism and then there's straight up copying and recolouring content from another person's mod which goes from plagerism to taking the piss.
Second; -everyone- wants to see it and you're no different. Don't kid yourself.
Third; your methaphor is strange, confusing and scary to me,
and finally; class is something people need to have in pairs because being the bigger person sucks.

You walk away and then they get away with it.
At least these people fuckin' learn something this way. THAT'S high school.

Do you know what that mod dev included in his first post. A request for suggestions on how to make his mod better diferant.
Yah he shoulden't have taken the textures but I looked at them and considered them place holders. How much effort would it have bin for someone to make new ones for him? Why was attacking him the first and only option?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do you know what that mod dev included in his first post. A request for suggestions on how to make his mod better diferant.
Yah he shoulden't have taken the textures but I looked at them and considered them place holders. How much effort would it have bin for someone to make new ones for him? Why was attacking him the first and only option?

This is the only thing I'm saying on the matter:

I saw the forum thread, and all of the posts. It was more than just textures, it was a full copy of code.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'll say it once, I'll say it again, since you people don't seem to grasp the damn concept.
There's a difference between working off a framework and straight up ripping off someone's damn code and publishing it as your own and you know what? Vaz is okay with people using his code like you mention, but he deserves creator's credit and this mod dev of yours wouldn't even give him that much. He'd rather have his mod taken down.

This is getting boring. You're all boring and provoking Vaz for more drama is getting boring.
I'm going to attempt to get a mod to step in, since the hint cannot be taken.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the forum thread, and all of the posts. It was more than just textures, it was a full copy of code.

so then go full cabrones and post all kinds of bs on the forum? why?

i saw the forum thread as well. they should have brought the relevant information to the people who can do something about it, not clusterfuck a forum thread

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
It was meant to be taken in a joking manner. Your response on the other hand makes you seem a little... yah. Anyway it's against forum rules to be personally insulting. So, Don't please.

No I am of the clan that believes that no one can create something from nothing and that everybody barrows elements from others works. It's what you do with those elements that separates plagiarism and that copping the work of others is often the first step in learning how to create. Learning how to making something something new and unique takes time.
Imagine if people treated everything the same way as bits of code or art. We would still be living in caves and eating what ever we could find and stuff in out mouths.
Or imagine if mojang was like that with there code that every mod dev is so happily playing with. Every dev "barrows" code from mojang. What's important is giving back as much or more than you take. This is how the world and individuals evolve.

And I for one think that Alfhiem is a great reference. (And it's not like SAO isn't "borrowing" every video game trope there is. And doesn't Alfhiem literally mean home of the elfs?)
You might even want to consider talking to RWtema about using his flying ring consent. It would be real interesting to be able to toss one of those rings in to get a Elf version back. It might be a bit faster but with a fuel cost.

My apologies then, normally, to my experience, quotes around "borrow" means "steal". I guess I was a bit ticked off by that.

Anyway, I'm just gonna waltz off as I've clearly seen that the people who are vouching against me clearly have no valid arguments. Ta ta.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'll say it once, I'll say it again, since you people don't seem to grasp the damn concept.
There's a difference between working off a framework and straight up ripping off someone's damn code and publishing it as your own and you know what? Vaz is okay with people using his code like you mention, but he deserves creator's credit and this mod dev of yours wouldn't even give him that much. He'd rather have his mod taken down.

This is getting boring. You're all boring and provoking Vaz for more drama is getting boring.
I'm going to attempt to get a mod to step in, since the hint cannot be taken.

The new mod was 1.7 and ran off of RF. IC2 was 1.6 at the time and wan off of what ever. How close could the codes have bin?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Just IC2 trying to get on the multiblock reactors in an effort to keep up with the rest of the modding world. Personally, I'll stick with Big Reactors. Nothing to see here really...
And a bit of Resonant Induction for me. Damn those reactors are cool.
Some people are just assholes.
If you don't mind I'm sigging this.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies then, normally, to my experience, quotes around "borrow" means "steal". I guess I was a bit ticked off by that.

Anyway, I'm just gonna waltz off as I've clearly seen that the people who are vouching against me clearly have no valid arguments. Ta ta.

Say all this talk about plagiarizing isn't going to turn you away from making attacking plants is it? (Plants vs Zombies) Hint, hint, suggestion.
Oh and no those game devs aren't the first one to think of shooting plants. Or even plants shooting evil things.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to reference that noting that in attempting to be oblique I think something's lost in communication here that's totally destroying all context in the discussion here.

As a note to everybody, several posts have disappeared now, largely in the categories of non-constructive or replies to the non-constructive (because keeping around replies to disappeared posts is confusing). Back on track, folks, please.