Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to filter for more than nine different types of items in an itemduct? Would EnderIO help here much?
Apparently, XU's "nested" filters don't work in TE servo-filters, so I'm trying to find a way to include/exclude as many items as possible.

Viperidae

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make a geothermal generator, and the recipe asks for some empty cells. I went to the wiki which told me to build a metal former in order to make the empty cells using the tin plates, but the machine won't accept the said plates. Can someone please help me?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make a geothermal generator, and the recipe asks for some empty cells. I went to the wiki which told me to build a metal former in order to make the empty cells using the tin plates, but the machine won't accept the said plates. Can someone please help me?
Which wiki did you look at? I had a quick peek at the official wiki and it doesn't mention any Metal Formers...

Reactions: Padfoote

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Use NEI, not the wikis. All the wikis contain contradicting info and most of it is outdated anyway. Even the "official" wiki is horribly out of order.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Use NEI, not the wikis. All the wikis contain contradicting info and most of it is outdated anyway. Even the "official" wiki is horribly out of order.
:mad::p
Then why not create some information yourself?
I can assure you that all maintained mods are up to date, meanwhile, mods like TE aren't maintained by anyone on the wiki, and a lot of the information for that is...horrible.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to filter for more than nine different types of items in an itemduct? Would EnderIO help here much?
Apparently, XU's "nested" filters don't work in TE servo-filters, so I'm trying to find a way to include/exclude as many items as possible.

One thing to try, if you have multiple receiving inventories is to place the filters on those. Otherwise, just add more itemducts with filters to the output inventory. If you run out of sides, then slap a transvector interface on it for MOAR PIPES. If that's *still* not enough, then you might do better making a list of stuff you *don't* want and blacklisting that, then you'll pull everything else.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
:mad::p
Then why not create some information yourself?
I can assure you that all maintained mods are up to date, meanwhile, mods like TE aren't maintained by anyone on the wiki, and a lot of the information for that is...horrible.
Because mod spotlights and NEI exist. Wikis are rather redundant and get easily outdated

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Because mod spotlights and NEI exist. Wikis are rather redundant and get easily outdated
Many mod spotlights are horribly outdated, as soon as the next update for a mod is released, they're basically providing a bit of incorrect information. Same with NEI, you have to wait for the next update, which could take a few days. With the official wiki, the Wiki Team make sure every mod is up to date, well, at least the ones they maintain.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Many mod spotlights are horribly outdated, as soon as the next update for a mod is released, they're basically providing a bit of incorrect information. Same with NEI, you have to wait for the next update, which could take a few days. With the official wiki, the Wiki Team make sure every mod is up to date, well, at least the ones they maintain.
Even when they are up-to-date, they can still provide misinformation. Look at all the RC spotlights that essentially consist of someone spending 30 minutes failing to understand the first thing about RC then either writing it off as bugged ("maybe it will be fixed in the next update") or saying something along the lines of "I can't get this to take power from a conduit, I bet I'm [small mistake]".

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Even when they are up-to-date, they can still provide misinformation. Look at all the RC spotlights that essentially consist of someone spending 30 minutes failing to understand the first thing about RC then either writing it off as bugged ("maybe it will be fixed in the next update") or saying something along the lines of "I can't get this to take power from a conduit, I bet I'm [small mistake]".
We try our best, and the best is only good enough.