Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can TiCon Casting Tables be used with alternative liquid suppliers ? Such as Mariculture's ladle for instance ? Or BC Pipes ? In the near future I want to switch from my smeltery to something that doesn't run on lava but would like to still be able to automate making the TiCon tools.

Any pipe you can use to extract from a smeltery drain can be used with the table afaik

Reactions: Sigma85

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks ! Like I said, I'm wanting to move on to a different method of processing but I want to still be able to make TiCon stuff...

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks ! Like I said, I'm wanting to move on to a different method of processing but I want to still be able to make TiCon stuff...

Not quite sure what you mean. The smeltery is the only way of making TiCon metal tools I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite sure what you mean. The smeltery is the only way of making TiCon metal tools I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can use other liquids transport methods, I could make liquid metals with Mariculture and then pump them to casting tables instead of the smeltery. (hopefully) There's also a few other mods with liquid metals I believe...

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
If you can use other liquids transport methods, I could make liquid metals with Mariculture and then pump them to casting tables instead of the smeltery. (hopefully) There's also a few other mods with liquid metals I believe...
Im 90% sure that there are two ways of smelting down Tinker's Construct metals (alumite, alumimum brass, cobalt, ardite, manullyn, etc):
  1. Tinker's Construct Smeltery
  2. Factorisation

You can output however you like (TC faucets, pipes, fluiducts, etc ) and can output the liquid into whatever you want (TC stuff, anything that can hold liquids that are in the liquid dictionary).

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
Is it still possible to power a BC pump with Thermal Expansion? I'm not having any luck getting one to start up with leadstone energy cells. They used to work with tesseracts, at least.[DOUBLEPOST=1404617440][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it still possible to power a BC pump with Thermal Expansion? I'm not having any luck getting one to start up with leadstone energy cells. They used to work with tesseracts, at least.
Just figured it out, just needed a conduit between the cell and the pump.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
How in the name of Nikola Tesla do you use the Column Decrementer? What is it actually for? Why doesn't it respond to normal redstone? The official wiki is quite cryptic.

Edit: The red dot thing from Expanded Redstone.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah that is correct. However I will say that most mods that add liquid metals ALWAYS add their own versions, so the liquids aren't compatible. I however, don't add mine if ticon is installed and use it's versions instead. People seem to think there is a liquid dictionary... there is not... That's something that got lost when KingLemming wrote fluids.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
*draws pentagram, throws in steak and a rocket*
O the fabled rocket scientist, @Reika
The column decrementer outputs a redstone signal to the dotted face, with a strength of the maximum of either one less than the decrementer below it (hence its name) or the redstone signal strength sent in the back. It is used for bar-graph-type displays:

YQljveK.png

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've recently started a new FTB Horizons world and I've realized that Pam's Harvestcraft isn't anything I would like to play with. Now I was thinking about deleting it, but the mod adds a Salt ore, so if I deleted the mod I would have random holes everywhere. Is there any way I can replace all the Salt ore in my world before deleting the mod?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've recently started a new FTB Horizons world and I've realized that Pam's Harvestcraft isn't anything I would like to play with. Now I was thinking about deleting it, but the mod adds a Salt ore, so if I deleted the mod I would have random holes everywhere. Is there any way I can replace all the Salt ore in my world before deleting the mod?
Removal of just one ore isn't that bad. The holes will be barely noticeable because (nearly) all of them will be in caves and it'll just look like normal terrain generation.

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Removal of just one ore isn't that bad. The holes will be barely noticeable because (nearly) all of them will be in caves and it'll just look like normal terrain generation.
You are probably right, I don't plan on mining near my base so I probably won't notice it, thanks!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I do however think in this case that the Salt Ore will be on the shore lines and ocean floors. Unless I am mistaking it for another mods salt.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I do however think in this case that the Salt Ore will be on the shore lines and ocean floors. Unless I am mistaking it for another mods salt.

Yeah that's the salt from Agriculture.

Pam's salt is more like rock salt and it turns up underground iirc.