Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What are your Goals/things to do if you start a new world? (DW20)

LG Chakratos

1. Add a new mod that you haven't messed about with before
2. Devise a way you can use it to be cruel to villagers and/or livestock.
3. Start new world with it included, enter creative mode and fly about until you find a village.
4. ?????
5. Profit![DOUBLEPOST=1404692578][/DOUBLEPOST]
Question:
Does Uranium Ore (IC2E) work in the Mutator (Extra Bees) in 1.6 versions? I seem to remember using the "refined" version in 1.5 modpacks.

I think so. NEI should tell you

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
How do you run blood and bones on a hamachi server?
The same way you run any other modpack on a hamachi server:

Connect to the same Hamachi network, start a single player game, click "open to LAN" from esc menu, give the info to your friend (who's still in the same Hamachi network), tell him/her connect to that address : port

Reactions: SolarStyle

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
I was going up a Dark Tower in the Twilight Forest and I found this thing, consisting of a maze of fences and columns of towerwood stuff:
VBArGly.png
Each fence I break has turned into an "anti-built block", as shown. Back in Unleashed I went up a couple of towers and never saw anything like this. I know I can use my jetpack to go around this, but how are you *supposed* to get past this (ie, in vanilla + Twilight Forest)?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I was going up a Dark Tower in the Twilight Forest and I found this thing, consisting of a maze of fences and columns of towerwood stuff:
VBArGly.png
Each fence I break has turned into an "anti-built block", as shown. Back in Unleashed I went up a couple of towers and never saw anything like this. I know I can use my jetpack to go around this, but how are you *supposed* to get past this (ie, in vanilla + Twilight Forest)?
You should be able to find somewhere where you can see the Anti-Builders (or at least one of them), then smash it. If you can't see any of the anti-builders, you can try smashing an anti-built block and walking (or glitching, as the case may be) through it before it gets replaced.
And yeah, some of these mazes and things were added after the towers were initially. When I first explored one, there were big rooms with timber mazes, the Tower Builder things, and lots of smaller rooms with nothing in them save lots of beetles, maze slimes, WIP golems, and vanilla mobs.

Roooker

Jul 29, 2019
I cant figure out why my van de graff does not power my toroid magnet.

It does not matter how much power i put into the graff he wont connect to my toroid.

I did the exact same thing in my creative world and it works, even without a solenoid around.

2014-07-07_12.42.07uescj.png

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
I cant figure out why my van de graff does not power my toroid magnet.

It does not matter how much power i put into the graff he wont connect to my toroid.

I did the exact same thing in my creative world and it works, even without a solenoid around.

2014-07-07_12.42.07uescj.png
The answer is simple: Not enough power.

Sent from my iPhone 96Z using some top secret Dalekslayer Inc. technology.

Roooker

Jul 29, 2019
Enormous is a full magneto engine on tier 5 at full speed. It was so much power that i instant died. But now what whatever reason it is working as long i am not nearby. I did not change anything, i even turned the power DOWN a bit. But now it works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Vanilla-ish noob question!

AS taught me the powers of passive mob spawner areas. If I wanted to do one in a "normal" world, how high would it have to be so that it actually draws mobs? I currently have one some 25 blocks high from my base, but I believe its still maxing out the number of mobs allowed due to whatever is in caves below.

Is there a magical height where it will draw mobs while I'm in my base below?

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla-ish noob question!

AS taught me the powers of passive mob spawner areas. If I wanted to do one in a "normal" world, how high would it have to be so that it actually draws mobs? I currently have one some 25 blocks high from my base, but I believe its still maxing out the number of mobs allowed due to whatever is in caves below.

Is there a magical height where it will draw mobs while I'm in my base below?
Height doesn't matter -- number of potential places to spawn is where it's at. Regardless of height, if all the chunks around your base have been quarried down to bedrock (which doesn't allow spawns), you'll get skyblock-esque levels of mob spawning.

Now, the trick here is that the potential spawn locations form a sphere (as far as I know) rather than a cylinder or cuboid, so if your base was near the height limit and there was only the mob spawner within range, that may work equally well. Don't ask me what the range is, though; I'd dig through MCP to look for it, but that sounds like a lot of effort. Figure on... 128-ish blocks? That sounds like a nice square number.[DOUBLEPOST=1404745646][/DOUBLEPOST]
Space time would go a bit Wibbly-Wobbly (scientific term)
No, that's what happens when you throw a slime in. Chickens make it light and somewhat tickly.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Height doesn't matter

I've always seen that it actually does matter, specifically if you're going from 128 and up. I don't remember the specifics though, but I think it had something to do with a large spawning pool available at that height and up, and needing a large amount of spawning pads to take advantage of this.

This is also from 1.5, so for all I know it may not even be relevant anymore.

Reactions: Pyure

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I've always seen that it actually does matter, specifically if you're going from 128 and up. I don't remember the specifics though, but I think it had something to do with a large spawning pool available at that height and up, and needing a large amount of spawning pads to take advantage of this.

This is also from 1.5, so for all I know it may not even be relevant anymore.
Are you sure it's not just that you were physically further from caves that could spawn things, and thus potentially out of range of them? As far as I know, the mob spawning pool is only biome-dependent, and biomes go from bedrock to sky (disregarding Mystcraft ages with floating other-biome islands).