Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I was indicating the context you ignored from the quote you addressed. Slowpoke said that Xycraft is the first mod of ITS type to be built from the ground up with SMP in mind, its type being an industry mod. Please, pay attention to the context. If "its type" meant an SMP mod in that context, then Slowpoke would have been saying "It's the first SMP mod to be built from the ground up for SMP" which would be silly and redundant.
Sure sounded to me like he was talking about how it was the first mod to be built specifically for SMP, not that it is them first industry mod to be built for SMP...

Yes, you did bring up Xycraft. You didn't say "Xycraft," but you absolutely indicated it in the first post of yours that I addressed. Just because you didn't use its name or didn't know its name doesn't mean you didn't bring it up.
I even said I was talking about it..? Not sure why you bring it up again...

But those two mods are integral to a lot of strategies used in the current modpack with emphasis on Mystcraft. Furthermore there is constant work going on to reduce the lag with Mystcraft and there is the abillity to disable pieces of the PG mod that cause the most graphical stress.
But you just said that you have to cater to everyone and can't have such lag.

Millenaire is a decent mod, however it neither fits the bill of what FTB is about nor is it the first thing that comes to people's mind when they're looking for a new mod to put into their modpack.
FTB doesn't appear to be about anything, it has several different modpacks that are about stuff but FTB as a whole sure doesn't seem that way.

As I've said, Millenaire has a storyline with questchains, has building and town growth and expansion, has diplomacy and war, has a lot.
People like playing on servers especially because then they can build up their towns to attack other players' towns.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Do you honestly feel that millenaire fits in with the tech/magic feel of the modpack? I don't, it's just a bunch of villagers that do things for you that you could get done with other parts of the modpack.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Do you honestly feel that millenaire fits in with the tech/magic feel of the modpack? I don't, it's just a bunch of villagers that do things for you that you could get done with other parts of the modpack.
If you think that that is what Millenaire is, then I can see why you would think otherwise, but since that is not what Millenaire is, then yes, yes I do.

I think Millenaire fits in as much as Twilight does.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
i think that while millenaire would be a great addition IMO,
bellaabzug is pointing out that unlike twilight forest or xycraft,
millenaire in neither a tech mod nor a magic mod.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
If you think that that is what Millenaire is, then I can see why you would think otherwise, but since that is not what Millenaire is, then yes, yes I do.

I think Millenaire fits in as much as Twilight does.
Twilight Forest coinsides with the magical element of FTB's mods as well as add the ability for transdimensional portals using mystcraft to mine and extract from large ore mountains. Need I even go into the special tools and armor? And before you bring up the norman tools or whatever...

Sapphire, Green Sapphire, Ruby, Steel, Steeleaf, Ironwood, Firey, Chainsaws, Drills, Bronze, Thaumium, Wands and Survivalists.
I really don't see a pressing need for Norman or any tool that millenaire has to offer.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
i just read this "We are not actually waiting for any of those. They will be added to the packs that the FTB team decides to add them to when they are ready. All we are waiting for is for the team to finalize the mods in the pack and bug-test it."
written by omega on a different thread.
does this mean that they are not excepting mod suggestions any more for the first release?
cause i have a list of stuff that i think should be added.
namely
cogs of the machine
ares magica
ICBM
thaumic bees
and runic dust

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
i think that while millenaire would be a great addition IMO,
bellaabzug is pointing out that unlike twilight forest or xycraft,
millenaire in neither a tech mod nor a magic mod.
Wait... Twilight is a magic mod? ?.?
I thought it was about making a new Nether but instead of lava it is just trees?

Welcome to FTB. Why cater to everyone when you can cater to no-one?
Because, as I just said in what you quoted right there, you specifically said you have to cater to everyone.
Now you are contradicting yourself? o_O

Twilight Forest coinsides with the magical element of FTB's mods as well as add the ability for transdimensional portals using mystcraft to mine and extract from large ore mountains. Need I even go into the special tools and armor? And before you bring up the norman tools or whatever...

Sapphire, Green Sapphire, Ruby, Steel, Steeleaf, Ironwood, Firey, Chainsaws, Drills, Bronze, Thaumium, Wands and Survivalists.
I really don't see a pressing need for Norman or any tool that millenaire has to offer.
Millenaire can be a tech mod.
I've been tinkering with the customization and have been putting together a technical culture, one that uses Forestry, RedPower, BuildCraft, Industrial Craft, and others like maybe Mo'Creatures... maybe...

If you saw the early Yogbox from a long while back it had something like this in it called the Imaginations addon pack for Millenaire, I designed a volcano maze for it that was obscenely difficult because of all the lava.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Millenaire is a good mod, but not a tech or a magic mod. It would be good if one was making a RPG mod pack, but not necessarily for anything I've seen with FTB yet.

I may well be including it in my LP, I don't know yet. I'm still tinkering around with a few things.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
Millenaire can be a tech mod.
I've been tinkering with the customization and have been putting together a technical culture, one that uses Forestry, RedPower, BuildCraft, Industrial Craft, and others like maybe Mo'Creatures... maybe...

If you saw the early Yogbox from a long while back it had something like this in it called the Imaginations addon pack for Millenaire, I designed a volcano maze for it that was obscenely difficult because of all the lava.

touche.

Wait... Twilight is a magic mod? ?.?
I thought it was about making a new Nether but instead of lava it is just trees?

yup.

but in the sense that millenaire is a tech mod.
lol...

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
quote "
“Welcome to FTB. Why cater to everyone when you can cater to no-one?​
Because, as I just said in what you quoted right there, you specifically said you have to cater to everyone.
Now you are contradicting yourself? o_O"

i agree.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Now you are contradicting yourself? o_O
No, I'm right in both angles.
Best case scenario would cater to everyone, however FTB doesn't do that. They cater to basically whatever suits them.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
i just read this "We are not actually waiting for any of those. They will be added to the packs that the FTB team decides to add them to when they are ready. All we are waiting for is for the team to finalize the mods in the pack and bug-test it."
written by omega on a different thread.
does this mean that they are not excepting mod suggestions any more for the first release?
cause i have a list of stuff that i think should be added.
namely
cogs of the machine
ares magica
ICBM
thaumic bees
and runic dust
Slowpoke has said in his streams that Ars Magica is being looked at, and Direwolf said in his spotlights that the maker of Ars Magica is working with Forge mod makers to make it compatible with Forge, if I remember correctly, so there's a pretty good chance there's no more need to continue bugging anyone about its inclusion.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
awesome.
still really hoping for the inclusion of both
ICBM and cogs of the machine.
runic dust flans mod and thaumic bees would be great to.

Status
Not open for further replies.