Request Suggest mods for creation here

Wright

Jul 29, 2019
there are uses for energized glowstone, reactant dynamos and impulse item ducts

Impulse item-ducts already have a build craft counter part, not that I don't prefer and use impulse item-ducts (which I do.) and I haven't bothered using it for a fuel source, thanks for pointing that out. Still would be really neat for crafting a battery either way.

Lucky_strike_DXD

Jul 29, 2019
maybe a mod that converts liquid XP to mob essence and Mob essence to Liquid XP without having to do over complicated things, just a block where you pump it in and you pump it out

death1t

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be really cool if some of the packs had the Invasion mod in it for extra the experence

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally like a mod that makes monsters smarter and better at killing you. One where mobs will actively try to enter your castles to try to kill you.

Creepers could actively try to blow up holes to get to you. I hate how you can just dig a 3 block hole, place a block above you and stay safe all night. I want creepers to really be dangerous and making huge forts actually useful other that "it looks cool."

Mobs can jump on a spider's back to climb up your castle walls. That way 3 block walls that are 20 blocks thick won't stop the creeper menace. Of course, spiders will no longer take fall damage.

Skeletons will gain a new tool: the zipline arrow. Skeletons will actively travel to high ground and shoot ziplines over your walls for mobs to glide down their paths.

Zombies will tunnel under your walls to try and get you from underneath. Or if your walls are thin, dig through them. They will mine at 2/3 of a player's speed and have the equivalent of iron mining speed by default. However, they mine obsidian at diamond mining speed so that obsidian doesn't become overpowered.

Overall, the basic idea would to make monsters actually pose a threat after you have made a house. However changes are configurable and there is an option to disable all changes after the enderdragon is killed (that way there's an extra incentive to do so)

I don't really have too good an idea of how memory intensive this would be for a computer, but I want to get this idea out there nevertheless.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'd personally like a mod that makes monsters smarter and better at killing you. One where mobs will actively try to enter your castles to try to kill you.

Creepers could actively try to blow up holes to get to you. I hate how you can just dig a 3 block hole, place a block above you and stay safe all night. I want creepers to really be dangerous and making huge forts actually useful other that "it looks cool."

Mobs can jump on a spider's back to climb up your castle walls. That way 3 block walls that are 20 blocks thick won't stop the creeper menace. Of course, spiders will no longer take fall damage.

Skeletons will gain a new tool: the zipline arrow. Skeletons will actively travel to high ground and shoot ziplines over your walls for mobs to glide down their paths.

Zombies will tunnel under your walls to try and get you from underneath. Or if your walls are thin, dig through them. They will mine at 2/3 of a player's speed and have the equivalent of iron mining speed by default. However, they mine obsidian at diamond mining speed so that obsidian doesn't become overpowered.

Overall, the basic idea would to make monsters actually pose a threat after you have made a house. However changes are configurable and there is an option to disable all changes after the enderdragon is killed (that way there's an extra incentive to do so)

I don't really have too good an idea of how memory intensive this would be for a computer, but I want to get this idea out there nevertheless.
Beautiful.

Reactions: kaiomann

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I just watched this youtube video:
. And after learning how nuclear reactors work I realized how cool it would be to have a massive reactor like that in minecraft with so many different components. IC2 has a nuclear reactor but those 5 blocks don't exactly look impressive. I would like to see a mod that goes very in depth and makes a very detailed nuclear rector that would produce power, preferably RF.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I just watched this youtube video:
. And after learning how nuclear reactors work I realized how cool it would be to have a massive reactor like that in minecraft with so many different components. IC2 has a nuclear reactor but those 5 blocks don't exactly look impressive. I would like to see a mod that goes very in depth and makes a very detailed nuclear rector that would produce power, preferably RF.
Big Reactors and ReactorCraft come to mind.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019

Since you posted elsewhere asking for analysis on this, here, have some. I should start by saying my computer isn't very powerful, and I don't want nastier mobs that do this sort of stuff in my game. But not all people are like that, which is why modpacks like Blood'n'Bones exist. So.

I hate creepers. I hate how they ruin the landscape, and I hate how they ruin my stuff when they explode. Creepers are the most iconic, and most belovedly-hated mobs in the game. Minecraft would be very different without them. Creepers that can know where you are without seeing you, and actively hunt you down by exploding things is a bad idea. People get very attached to their creative work, and people want to be able to build a shelter without being afraid it's going to be taken away just because they were inside it at the time. Not to mention the trouble of building a shelter in five to ten minutes (your first day's work) that isn't a handful of dirt blocks or a hole in the ground. And then there are caves, where it's dark until you light them up... Nasty.

That said, having mobs hunt you by more than sight is not too bad an idea. I've seen mods where if you get hurt, your character starts bleeding and leaving a trail of blood that mobs can follow. Why not add scent and/or hearing to the list of senses mobs have? Then you'd have a reason to sneak when near a monster, and if you leave a trail of blood they might follow you to your home. And then there are windows. Why would a mob not see through a window? Suddenly Direwolf20 never adding windows to his walls makes sense.

Blocking spiders is easy: have an overhang on your defensive wall, or eaves on your house. Spiders can't climb past overhangs. I think mobs deliberately riding spiders would be a fun improvement to the vanilla game, but not all spiders would want to be ridden. Also, maybe spiders could have a feather falling effect, rather than eliminating fall damage entirely.

Giving some zombies picks to go with those occasional shovels might be nice. Then you could have zombies with tools try to use them to get into your home. Not all behaviors need be cooperative, zombies swarm anyway. Those tools are iron, so iron mining level and 2/3 player speed (because rotten muscles) make sense. Giving a few zombies diamond picks would let them mine through obsidian, and little or no need to nerf the speed.

Skeletons with ziplines are silly when your home has a roof, especially a roof with a water trap on it (just put a water bucket in a dispenser, but on a square roof it should wash those mobs off nicely). However, what if fire arrows had a chance of lighting a fire where they land? What about arrows that do explosive damage? Giving skeletons a higher chance of having dangerous bows would bring the danger level up when you fight them, particularly in grasslands and forest biomes where burnable things are at hand (nearly every player will be building with stone and obsidian anyway with super-hardcore mobs like this). Also, farms with wooden fences become an issue. That said, skeletons with ziplines is still a way for mobs to get inside your protective walls. Could the player make ziplines as well, then?

Honestly, instead of mobs suddenly getting easier after you kill the dragon, why not have the dragon egg calm/confuse them or prevent spawns in a moderate radius (maybe it changes most mob spawns to endermen)? And/or maybe a beacon (which requires a nether star) has a new option to stop mob spawns nearby. Since the AoE of a beacon's effect is determined by the size of its base, suddenly you have a mechanic which requires danger, dedication, and lots of resource gathering.

All that aside, ultimately, your idea boils down to having mobs know where you are at all times so that survival is desperate and frantic the instant you spawn, which is a way to discourage players who aren't prepared for that kind of experience. Instead, I'd like to suggest the ability for mobs to learn where you are over time. Already in the game is that the longer you spend in a chunk, the more mobs spawn and the tougher they get. So let's add that the more often you leave blood trails, the more likely they focus on the paths you use around your home. Eventually, every night will leave dozens of mobs gathered around your doors, trying to get through. If you use a piston door or a drawbridge to put tougher blocks in their way, they'll try to dig their way through because that's where the blood trail ends. Secret entrances will get discovered, and eventually you have to fly in or teleport through if you don't want to have your home broken into and invaded.

And that's why you have to kill the ender dragon and the wither.

Reactions: 1SDAN

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Reactor craft ones are awesome but they're boxes, I mean like a real reactor would be cool. Reactor craft... Never played with it :/
I hope you meant Big Reactors are boxes.

Reactor Craft ... Well, you start by getting a lot of automated mining so you can build the bleeping things :).

(Actually, the starter reactors aren't that bad ... just ... I know it's _possible_ to make a tokamok in survival, but you probably need a life if you do.)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

Many good points. Maybe they would be able to identify player built houses instead then. Also, compatibility with zombie awareness would add the blood, sound and such.

Overall, I must say you made an amazing post, and the skeleton thing would work quite nicely. In fact, Battlegear 2 adds explosive arrows AND fire arrows, so compatibility with that would work too.

Finally, yeah I forgot skeletons can't climb on ceilings. At the risk of going overboard, maybe they would be able to do so.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

hmmm... i think the creepers should only blow up if they "know" you are there. (dont know how that would work)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
We need an open source mod, that introduces bees, butterflies and trees with genetics.

---
Seriously, SirSengir (apparently) hasn't touched Forestry since 1.5, a combination of Player, Mysterious Ages and Covert Jaguar have been responsible for the 1.6 and 1.7 updates.

I think a mod that adds an extensible genetics api (so that other mods could add breedable cows or fish etc. for example) along with bees, trees and butterflies would go down well. I totally would not mind if it did not add multiblock farms or any MJ powered devices at all. Actually no power system using devices at all - a bee & butterfly breeding mod that fits well in no tech / magic packs, and relies on mods like gendustry to add the tech angle would, imho, bee ideal :p

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry (IIRC) just went open source.
No, it went visible source. The license says you can't fork/copy the source or use Forestry's code in any substantially similar software ("no derivatives"). So it's basically visible for people who want to learn how Sir Sengir (et al.) did it, but nobody's allowed to use it the same way.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No, it went visible source. The license says you can't fork/copy the source or use Forestry's code in any substantially similar software ("no derivatives"). So it's basically visible for people who want to learn how Sir Sengir (et al.) did it, but nobody's allowed to use it the same way.

Ah, yep. Missed that bit. My bad.

legomike

Jul 29, 2019
id like to see a mod that adds aesthetically pleasing house/building plans so that i can live in more then a box :)