Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Genetics and percentages/configs

So I literally spent the weekend trying to get something other than a basic gene from both Endermen and Pigmen. I even went so far as to build an enderfarm just so I'd have stupid amounts of them to scrape cells from and I got nothing. I've managed to get fly/no fall and even fireballs from blaze, all very quickly. Is there a config setting that can be turned on/off to disable particular mobs? I've tried asking the owner but he is mysteriously quiet.
Or is it some insane .02% kinda thing... Would be great to know before I try to track down an ocelot, which are already nearly impossible to find on my server.
thanks.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Genetics and percentages/configs

So I literally spent the weekend trying to get something other than a basic gene from both Endermen and Pigmen. I even went so far as to build an enderfarm just so I'd have stupid amounts of them to scrape cells from and I got nothing. I've managed to get fly/no fall and even fireballs from blaze, all very quickly. Is there a config setting that can be turned on/off to disable particular mobs? I've tried asking the owner but he is mysteriously quiet.
Or is it some insane .02% kinda thing... Would be great to know before I try to track down an ocelot, which are already nearly impossible to find on my server.
thanks.
It sounds like a config change.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mining well quarry that keeps crashing everytime I try and move it. All I have on it are some ender chests, mining wells, the mffs machines, tesseracts and some timers/redpower wires.

What shouldn't you move with MFFS?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
It may be the timers. I have had some trouble in the past with moving functioning logic gates.

Turns out it crashes when I move the quarry with a tesseract attached. Every single time. It was working fine before I teleported it with MFFS from a mining age into the overworld. Not sure whats up with the tesseract thing.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
You guys know that when you sprint it kind of zooms in? Well, that is not happening on my side, and it looks kinda weird. It's probably a config thing in some mod, so which mod is it/or how can I disable (or re-enable :p) it?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
You guys know that when you sprint it kind of zooms in? Well, that is not happening on my side, and it looks kinda weird. It's probably a config thing in some mod, so which mod is it/or how can I disable (or re-enable :p) it?
It's a config in MPS and I'm pretty sure it'll jack up your fov if you enable it when you are wearing power leggings with speed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kaiomann

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Do magnum torches stop all hostile mob spawning relative to just X and Z coordinates, or via the Y coordinate as well? (Y coordinate is altitude, in case you forgot)
For example, if I put a magnum torch at X: 0, Y: 20 and Z:0, will mobs still be able to spawn at 0;90;0 (because the Y coordinate is more than 64 blocks away) or will it not? (As in it ignores altitude differences).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do magnum torches stop all hostile mob spawning relative to just X and Z coordinates, or via the Y coordinate as well? (Y coordinate is altitude, in case you forgot)
For example, if I put a magnum torch at X: 0, Y: 20 and Z:0, will mobs still be able to spawn at 0;90;0 (because the Y coordinate is more than 64 blocks away) or will it not? (As in it ignores altitude differences).
Well the Magnum torch have worked a bit different over several versions but believe the latest versions use spheroid with a 64 block horizontal radius and a 16(or something like that) block vertical radius. So putting magnum torches on the surface of the ground will not prevent spawns down in caves etc.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to give an Ars Magica spell silk touch or fortune?

Ars Magica doesn't seem to have anything that could add enchants to spells. Vanilla enchanting table won't enchant them. NEI's enchanting works, and the spells actually use the enchant(unlike TC4 equal trade foci not being able to silk touch). Has anyone thought to try TC4 Infusion Enchanting or TT Osmotic Enchanter?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica doesn't seem to have anything that could add enchants to spells. Vanilla enchanting table won't enchant them. NEI's enchanting works, and the spells actually use the enchant(unlike TC4 equal trade foci not being able to silk touch). Has anyone thought to try TC4 Infusion Enchanting or TT Osmotic Enchanter?
Spells don't really work like tools; I'm going to go ahead and assume that there's no way to enchant them and they're not really meant for it.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems my game is crashing when I try and use MFFS to teleport anything that has a tesseract + a power pipe connected to it. Uhm, any ideas on how to transport power then? I've tried extra util pipes but same crash.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems my game is crashing when I try and use MFFS to teleport anything that has a tesseract + a power pipe connected to it. Uhm, any ideas on how to transport power then? I've tried extra util pipes but same crash.
For any variety of "frame" you're often best picking up the sources and conduits before moving them. If you absolutely must, try the Ender IO conduits maybe?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk