Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently you can only use the fluid crafting chamber for patterns like 1 bucket + 4 tin plates = 10k coolant cell, so basically shapeless crafting only without having to store water buckets in your ME system. The energy cell still requires the fluid transposer to put the redstone into the cell. Only thing I could think of that actually works as a autocrafting recipe would be using item routers.
Well, you can use an ME Interface with a transposer that is permanently supplied with Destabilized Redstone. It's not quite so complicated as all that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, you can use an ME Interface with a transposer that is permanently supplied with Destabilized Redstone. It's not quite so complicated as all that.

I guess, but that isn't much more of a solution than a transposer supplied from a magma crucible with an export bus on it. I was doing that in 1.5, kinda hoping there was a more funky solution now :-/

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to send items from a chest to something like a steam dynamo to keep them automatically fueled with charcoal or coal.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I guess, but that isn't much more of a solution than a transposer supplied from a magma crucible with an export bus on it. I was doing that in 1.5, kinda hoping there was a more funky solution now :-/
Sorry, I left that out of my first post because I knew that wasn't what you were looking for; that was in reply to Galleleo's post.

The problem you're dealing with here is basically that KL wants you crafting TE3 stuff through a specific process, otherwise he'd have made a recipe to do it with buckets. In general if a recipe uses a specific machine, there's no getting around it.

You can't right-click an empty conduit to fill it up, you can't craft it with a bucket, you can only make it with a Transposer and so that holds true with Extra Cells, just as it does with AE and non-liquid products.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to send items from a chest to something like a steam dynamo to keep them automatically fueled with charcoal or coal.
Tons. LogisticsPipes and Applied Energistics are the best two (in my opinion) but if you're just starting out, check out Itemducts from Thermal Expansion.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Tons. LogisticsPipes and Applied Energistics are the best two (in my opinion) but if you're just starting out, check out Itemducts from Thermal Expansion.

would a transfer node with transfer pipes work with a regular chest?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, is there something I am missing with the MFFS teleport thing? I have an link card set up correctly. Its trying to move my mining well quarry but I hit the redstone torch button and it flicks on the off again. Same thing if I try and use a redstone signal directly...

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any good references to Big Reactors (I think that's the one in Agrarian Skies) that details possible reactor designs etc? What about turbines? are the worthwhile?

At this stage I have a reactor with a 3x3 core and no external cooling, it's producing about 2kRT/tick (I think), but I'd really like to make it bigger, but I think that I need to apply external cooling. Is this as simple as pouring a bucket of something over the top?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, is there something I am missing with the MFFS teleport thing? I have an link card set up correctly. Its trying to move my mining well quarry but I hit the redstone torch button and it flicks on the off again. Same thing if I try and use a redstone signal directly...

Nevermind got it working.

One more thing, I added speed modules to my coercion deriver but it doesn't seem to be working any faster, my machine doesn't seem to fill up any faster. I made 64 speed upgrades...

Edit: Oh figured it out, you need speed upgrades in the capacitors also.

Last edited:

Maes Stryker

Jul 29, 2019
HEy, I used to be able to switch freely from survival to creative and creative + with NEI (via the options on the side of the inventory screen) but after the update I haven't been able to do this. Is there a config option that allows me to do this?
NOTE: Not sure if this matters but I'm attempting to scout out my server world in single player by copy-pasting the server world into my single player save folder. I'm hoping to have easy access to fly mode in the creative + game mode. Thanks!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
HEy, I used to be able to switch freely from survival to creative and creative + with NEI (via the options on the side of the inventory screen) but after the update I haven't been able to do this. Is there a config option that allows me to do this?
NOTE: Not sure if this matters but I'm attempting to scout out my server world in single player by copy-pasting the server world into my single player save folder. I'm hoping to have easy access to fly mode in the creative + game mode. Thanks!
I'm not 100% but I believe you can't switch modes unless cheats are enabled on a world.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
I've noted that most mods, if not all, agree on the use of Millibuckets (mB) as a unit of measure for fluid volume. Mod makers seem to disagree on a lot of things, but fluids are universally measured in mB. Is this the single instance of an "industry standard" mod makers have managed to agree on, or are there other things/aspects that's practically mandatory to use? And where does the trend go in the future? Are mod makers standardizing their content, or do they defend their right to do things their own way?

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason ProjectRed's red alloy wire doesn't light up brightly like RP2's used to?
Or is it a bug? (DW20 recommended version)

http://i.imgur.com/3lHjLoA.png

The texture changes when powered, but it's still hard to see the difference.

Last edited:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I've noted that most mods, if not all, agree on the use of Millibuckets (mB) as a unit of measure for fluid volume. Mod makers seem to disagree on a lot of things, but fluids are universally measured in mB. Is this the single instance of an "industry standard" mod makers have managed to agree on, or are there other things/aspects that's practically mandatory to use? And where does the trend go in the future? Are mod makers standardizing their content, or do they defend their right to do things their own way?
not really a simple question, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is now that forge handles fluids in 1.6 it's so much easier to go with the flow then it is to create your own liquid that may not be compatible with other mod's. also mB is easy to understand for the most part. It makes converting from mB to buckets easy to do mentally and it's especially easy for people from parts of the world where they use the metric system, (ie everywhere except 'murica)

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
not really a simple question, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is now that forge handles fluids in 1.6 it's so much easier to go with the flow then it is to create your own liquid that may not be compatible with other mod's. also mB is easy to understand for the most part. It makes converting from mB to buckets easy to do mentally and it's especially easy for people from parts of the world where they use the metric system, (ie everywhere except 'murica)

All if this. Everyone knows (or gets) that 1000mb = 1b.