Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. High ovens HAVE to use charcoal? You can't use lava? Starting to lean away from this PoS

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. High ovens HAVE to use charcoal? You can't use lava? Starting to lean away from this PoS
I believe it is because charcoal is pure. Use charcoal blocks for more efficiency and speed? not sure about speed never tested charcoal, only used the blocks.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is because charcoal is pure. Use charcoal blocks for more efficiency and speed? not sure about speed never tested charcoal, only used the blocks.

For the cost of a few hundred trees you can have a stack of charcoal blocks which will literally last forever.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
If I see that right and it's a leadstone conduit? That's going to take a long time to make any ores
if there's a beam from the laser to the void, and from the pre-charger to the laser it's right
Also you gotta power the pre-charger with the conduit, not the laser itself

If you've got all that right, then you're good.
I know the 128+ thing was valid for a time, unsure about if it's still current

Yeah, I just used leadstone because I've got a whole bunch of lead lying around. I'll probably replace it soon with different conduits. If I could just figure out a more practical way of getting obsidian instead of a vat and waiting 15 seconds, that would be great. But until then, I'm trying to avoid hardened glass. But first, off to the nether again, but this time with flight to avoid 99% of all horribleness in the nether. I hope.

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just used leadstone because I've got a whole bunch of lead lying around. I'll probably replace it soon with different conduits. If I could just figure out a more practical way of getting obsidian instead of a vat and waiting 15 seconds, that would be great. But until then, I'm trying to avoid hardened glass. But first, off to the nether again, but this time with flight to avoid 99% of all horribleness in the nether. I hope.

You really want redstone conduits. From memory i believe that one per-charger take's around 5000RF/t. or it accepts up to 5k a tick? Don't quote me on that but I believe it was something like that.
to think you can have four of those on a laser.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
You really want redstone conduits. From memory i believe that one per-charger take's around 5000RF/t. or it accepts up to 5k a tick? Don't quote me on that but I believe it was something like that.
Guess I'm gonna need more magmatic dynamos...

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
2500 rf/tick per laser precharger for a maximum of 10000rf/t for a fully powered laser.

Guess I'm gonna need more magmatic dynamos...
125 magmatic dynamos to be exact :p

Or one 7x7 big reactor cooled by diamonds and cryotheum with 5 rods in an x formation.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've now entered the nether with flight both to search for more resources and to complete a quest requiring nether ores. Guess who forgot to make a note on where the nether portal is. Or a waypoint. :)
So yeah, I still have about an hour of flight left, but I've no idea where the portal back is. I have a few landmarks (most notably, a cobble bridge between 2 bloodwood trees), but...yeah.

EDIT: Found my way back. I've written down the coordinates to the nether portal (nether side) so I never get lost again, hopefully.

Last edited:

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to disable the config option so i can have cheat mode and all the features of it? I need it for a test world >.<

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Anyway to disable the config option so i can have cheat mode and all the features of it? I need it for a test world >.<
ensure that the settings in NEI are about the current world by default they show the global settings which may be overriden by the world settings

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
2500 rf/tick per laser precharger for a maximum of 10000rf/t for a fully powered laser.

125 magmatic dynamos to be exact :p

Or one 7x7 big reactor cooled by diamonds and cryotheum with 5 rods in an x formation.
So, I've now entered the nether with flight both to search for more resources and to complete a quest requiring nether ores. Guess who forgot to make a note on where the nether portal is. Or a waypoint. :)
So yeah, I still have about an hour of flight left, but I've no idea where the portal back is. I have a few landmarks (most notably, a cobble bridge between 2 bloodwood trees), but...yeah.

EDIT: Found my way back. I've written down the coordinates to the nether portal (nether side) so I never get lost again, hopefully.

there is a book in the game added in 2.1.2 it allows you to teleport to locations with a page. It works across dimensions also. Portal book? or something like that.
super easy. enderpearl and book. and paper and enderpearl. super easy, maybe a little op.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah nah dude its still possible. I am on 2.1.2 and can give you a world download it you do not believe me. 2.1.2 is the update to steel works if I am not mistaken.

Then something is wrong. Gravel and sand ores are not supposed to be ore dictionaried to prevent a dupe.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, last question for now: Is diamond armor the best armor you can get in this mudpack? I'm asking because I'm thinking of fighting some extra-powerful zombie pigmen because. Well, and withers for nether stars later.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, last question for now: Is diamond armor the best armor you can get in this mudpack? I'm asking because I'm thinking of fighting some extra-powerful zombie pigmen because. Well, and withers for nether stars later.

Bound armor is potentially the most powerful but I personally prefer max enchanted diamond + max enchanted Mariculture jewlery.

And if people keep saying mudpack I might go on a murderous rampage.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

there is also thaumcraft runic armor which you can infuse with extra abilities

Bound armor is potentially the most powerful but I personally prefer max enchanted diamond + max enchanted Mariculture jewlery.

blame auto correct

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019

Whoops, sorry. Accidently misspelled "Modpack" there. From what I'm hearing, thaumcraft armor is the best to use. I'll keep that in mind.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to get the blue slimes to spawn? I need em for the slime quest thing.

goddamnit... I wanted to suggest to just auto-dictionairy the green slimeballs into blue slimeballs, but it seems Jaded found out about that D:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
So for keeping hammer up, i had 3 idea:

One: pull it out at 99%, autodisenchenter to remove fortune, autoanvil to reapply it (how do you pipe in there btw)
Two: have a man made supply of fortune 3 unbreaking 3 hammer and keep them in the activator
Three: apparently, according to ex aliquo, there is a modifier for Tico tools to make them act like hammer, but it also says you can't put fortune on it...

Anyone have another method (knowing I want at least fortune 3 on them hammers)

Get a zombie to pick up your hammer, capture it in a safari net, insert into autospawner, spawn exact copies, kill zombies?

(Unless that was fixed)

Jul 29, 2019
I love how a mod developer is helping us break mods XD[DOUBLEPOST=1399128654][/DOUBLEPOST]
goddamnit... I wanted to suggest to just auto-dictionairy the green slimeballs into blue slimeballs, but it seems Jaded found out about that D:
Are you that 99%Awesome guy who always posts on DW20 vids? I recognize the picture.