Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So... guess what's large, probably impractical and caused a stupid death courtesy of me deciding to make a ladder going down, causing me to lose 1 1/2 stacks of potatoes, among other things to the void (though, thankfully, not my ardite tool set).
20i6l8x.png
That tower and that large cable is purely for a laser drill and it's precharger. I don't know how it works or even if it works (It's shooting a beam down, so I'm guessing it's working). I made it that high purely because I've heard it works better when in level 128+ altitudes. If that rumor's a lie, then I died for no reason.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get steam from the Tinkers Steelworks High Oven? I don't even know how to pump the water in.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Wait... A Tinkers Steelworks update stopped Thermal Expansion's pulverizers from turning sand into Ex Nihilo dust?
4.1, for some as of yet unknown reason, kept Pulverizers from turning Sand into Dust. Don't ask me why, try it out for yourself in SSP. 0.0.4 is all good, so it had to be something that got updated from 4 to 4.1.[DOUBLEPOST=1399069249][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does anyone know how to get steam from the Tinkers Steelworks High Oven? I don't even know how to pump the water in.
Scorched Drains can be used to pipe liquids into and out of the High Oven, including steam. If you want something piped in, do note that it will have to be reversed (i.e. the large face on the outside and the small face on the inside). Steam, in this case, counts as a liquid.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
4.1, for some as of yet unknown reason, kept Pulverizers from turning Sand into Dust. Don't ask me why, try it out for yourself in SSP. 0.0.4 is all good, so it had to be something that got updated from 4 to 4.1.[DOUBLEPOST=1399069249][/DOUBLEPOST]
Scorched Drains can be used to pipe liquids into and out of the High Oven, including steam. If you want something piped in, do note that it will have to be reversed (i.e. the large face on the outside and the small face on the inside). Steam, in this case, counts as a liquid.
Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't produce fast enough or pump out fast enough to support steam dynamos. Guess I will just have to create steam inside them. . . . . Then again it may be because I had the drain backwards. . . .

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is that it's NOT planting lettuce. In fact, the planter's just kind of planting tomato and wheat seeds randomly, even though I set up the filter to plant it in straight lines afternating Crops-Tomato-Lettuce.
Is itt just me? Looks like your farm plot is 9x6? If your farm isnt 9x9 then it may be that the remaining 3 rows are where the lettuce is supposed to grow?

Hito seems to have it on the head

Try rotating your pattern by 90 degrees if you can't extend the farm

So rather than
TTT
LLL

Put in
WTL
WTL
WTL[DOUBLEPOST=1399072665][/DOUBLEPOST]
So... guess what's large, probably impractical and caused a stupid death courtesy of me deciding to make a ladder going down, causing me to lose 1 1/2 stacks of potatoes, among other things to the void (though, thankfully, not my ardite tool set).
That tower and that large cable is purely for a laser drill and it's precharger. I don't know how it works or even if it works (It's shooting a beam down, so I'm guessing it's working). I made it that high purely because I've heard it works better when in level 128+ altitudes. If that rumor's a lie, then I died for no reason.

If I see that right and it's a leadstone conduit? That's going to take a long time to make any ores
if there's a beam from the laser to the void, and from the pre-charger to the laser it's right
Also you gotta power the pre-charger with the conduit, not the laser itself

If you've got all that right, then you're good.
I know the 128+ thing was valid for a time, unsure about if it's still current

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is TC4 useful in AS? Are there actually nodes around...
On the flat platform map there are 6 100 aspect nodes (1 for each of the primals) in each of the six directions (up, down, and the four cardinal directions). On the Home Sweet Home map and SMP you will find them near the void at about 8 height and in the nether. You can also recharge the wand via the aspect orbs mobs drop on death.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
TC4 is universally different than TC3. I am not sure if I want to learn that mod on AS, since I will be shitting in scarcity for the life of that mod, which is a pain in the ____.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I recently built a high oven and deep tank, and I have to say, the oven is working great. However, I'm having problems moving the liquids into the tank. Unless I'm mistaken, you put a faucet/other fluid transport on a scorched drain located on the high oven, which goes into one on the deep tank? Or is this incorrect? Note, when I tried fluiducts, the liquid went into the ducts but didn't enter the tank.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I recently built a high oven and deep tank, and I have to say, the oven is working great. However, I'm having problems moving the liquids into the tank. Unless I'm mistaken, you put a faucet/other fluid transport on a scorched drain located on the high oven, which goes into one on the deep tank? Or is this incorrect? Note, when I tried fluiducts, the liquid went into the ducts but didn't enter the tank.
Can you use the high oven to smelt? Or is it soley for the purpose of producing steel?

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Hnnnnnnnnnng.

How does the process work? Could you explain in a little bit of detail. Is it automateable?
Fully. The only part I'm having trouble with is getting the liquids into the tank. I think I can also put it into a smeltery, but I'd rather not risk making alloys.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's why I haven't developed any appreciable infrastructure for my smeltery. I hadn't realized that you could automate the smelting via this oven. It'll give me a reason to hurry up and complete that quest line.

I'm also foreseeing that lava is probably the best way to produce MJ. I could go biofuel, but the infrastructure required to run combustion engines is considerable... I don't even know if they're in the mod. Forestry is though. Perhaps I can do a combo....

Anyways, I think my next project is to build a large mob grinder. Still doesn't solve the ender pearl issue...

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Hnnnnnnnnnng.

How does the process work? Could you explain in a little bit of detail. Is it automateable?
Not a clue as I haven't bothered. Once I set up auto sieving, auto crafting, and AE, I stopped bothering with ore doubling, as I already had more metal than I would ever need.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Not a clue as I haven't bothered. Once I set up auto sieving, auto crafting, and AE, I stopped bothering with ore doubling, as I already had more metal than I would ever need.
But there's an entire quest line of free stuff!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's why I haven't developed any appreciable infrastructure for my smeltery. I hadn't realized that you could automate the smelting via this oven. It'll give me a reason to hurry up and complete that quest line.

I'm also foreseeing that lava is probably the best way to produce MJ. I could go biofuel, but the infrastructure required to run combustion engines is considerable... I don't even know if they're in the mod. Forestry is though. Perhaps I can do a combo....

Anyways, I think my next project is to build a large mob grinder. Still doesn't solve the ender pearl issue...
You won't be producing MJ in this pack (no time like the present to start changing our habits!), just RF, which you can convert to MJ via conduits for the Forestry machines. The same quest line that gives you the High Oven will also point you toward Big Reactors which can pretty much solve your power problems for the remainder of the map. =)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
So I have to BigReactors >_>. Should I only produce lava to get myself to the point where I'm BR? What fuel does BR require?[DOUBLEPOST=1399078925][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did the quest really early on, then never bothered again. Haven't gotten into Big Reactors either, but my current power usage is fairly minimal.
Engineering student. I go nowhere without power gen, heh.