Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just completed the glacial precipitator quest and unlocked the rest of the food-related quests. At first I thought "Oh, just toast? That looks easy". Then I saw the quantity. Let's just say I was in shock that I need that many. And that's with a mostly-automatic farm that I have (Basically it's a harvester, planter, fertilizer with no fertilizer in it at the moment and a pipe to a sludge boiler. The non-automatic part is that I still need to feed the steam dynamo).
Also, I've noticed that the planter, despite me using the filter to make it so it plants in this way:
TTT
LLL
(W = Wheat, T - Tomatoes, L - Lettuce), it's not planting any lettuce. Maybe I just don't know how machines work, I don't really know.
Finally, I've had a most peculiar occurrence: After a few minutes spent in the nether, all mobs except for the pig-faced non-aggressive enemies (I'm guessing imps) (And I guess and hellfish I expose) just stopped spawning. I was on easy, but I found that to be most peculiar. If nothing else, it made my nether resource gathering journey pretty much painless, allowing me to grab 4 stacks of soul sand, enough redstone ore to give me ~300 redstone and enough coal ore to give me ~4 stacks of coal. Oh, and about 2 stacks of iron and copper ingots worth of nether ore.
If I understand your problem properly, you're wanting it to place wheat and tomato, yet lettuce is also infiltrating your farm?
Do you have another planter within range of it?
(Within 13 blocks)
If yes, what is the range it is planting in? It could be planting in over that farm?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just completed the glacial precipitator quest and unlocked the rest of the food-related quests. At first I thought "Oh, just toast? That looks easy". Then I saw the quantity. Let's just say I was in shock that I need that many. And that's with a mostly-automatic farm that I have (Basically it's a harvester, planter, fertilizer with no fertilizer in it at the moment and a pipe to a sludge boiler. The non-automatic part is that I still need to feed the steam dynamo).
Also, I've noticed that the planter, despite me using the filter to make it so it plants in this way:
TTT
LLL
(W = Wheat, T - Tomatoes, L - Lettuce), it's not planting any lettuce. Maybe I just don't know how machines work, I don't really know.
Finally, I've had a most peculiar occurrence: After a few minutes spent in the nether, all mobs except for the pig-faced non-aggressive enemies (I'm guessing imps) (And I guess and hellfish I expose) just stopped spawning. I was on easy, but I found that to be most peculiar. If nothing else, it made my nether resource gathering journey pretty much painless, allowing me to grab 4 stacks of soul sand, enough redstone ore to give me ~300 redstone and enough coal ore to give me ~4 stacks of coal. Oh, and about 2 stacks of iron and copper ingots worth of nether ore.

Assuming you have installed the tin upgrade, the MFR planter should be in the center of a 9x9 farm. Each letter in your 'map' should represent a 3x3 area of crops (and the planter will be below the center of the middle T block)?

What is being planted where the lettuce should be?

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Except it's not wasting time because it's not actually using your time hence the "automated" part. Also many people won't use smelteries at all for auto-processing because they tend to lag. If you plan to only use pulverizers for metals you MUST smash the gravel and sand variants to pulverize them.

It also just occurred to me you seem to be speaking as if hammering can't be automated. It can.

Actually there is a work around for the Gravel Ores, either by using a Unifier or the Dictionary from Mariculture. Because they still are registered to be Ores once they have gone through gravel, sand and then dust forms.

I think that is how it works. That is how i have set it up. so it is pretty simple to find a work around.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
But then I have to expose myself to the uncomfortable question: what is the difference between "hammering", and "pulverizing"?

Questions like this shake my suspension of disbelief.

(Don't ask why I'm willing to accept infinite cobble gen from two source blocks.)

---
Other rants:

1. Tip: When making steel in a steelworks furnace, make it with BLOCKS of iron. The time and resource cost is exactly the same as for making it a single ingot at a time

2. Jaded has made the laser cost half the energy to operate. 2500RF/t is required by each pre-charger, not 5,000.

3. The thaumcraft questline seems a little backward. At one point, early on, it wants a handin of an alchemical apparatus. Which requires a greatwood plank in its manafacture. Which requires a greatwood tree. Which requires the most expensive @#$*ing infusion crafting recipe I have ever bloody seen. Greatwoods are easy to find in non skyblock maps - I don't get why they should be this difficult to make in a skyblock. (And then, superb troll, one of the side quests unlocked by this quest offers a greatwood sapling!)
for 3 it's a troll. kind of a , we covered mob grinders, if you cannot reapply this knowledge here it is on you bub. if you go to do it manually you will be slamming your junk in a drawer for a while. if you instead find magical forest, set up a darkroom, safari net a pech, and spawn them for a bit with a grinder eating the spawns, you will have mana beans, silverwoods, greatwoods, knowledge fragments, and pechs curse capped iron wands coming out your orifices. when you need an me fuzzy export into a trashcan set to iron wands you will understand.
alternately you can simply trade with the buggers for much the same, though its much slower and very trolly(them suddenly deciding no more trading and your lucrum based items for trade flying on the floor which they then try to swipe, quite frequently).

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Pech's span in different types. With a safari net spawn all sub types? Or will I need to capture a specific one (Mage) for Mage drops?

I have already located a Magical Forest biome within 5 chunks of my base, and build a (detached floating) island and grassed it - in preperation for planting my silverwood saplings, and setting up a golem based mana bean farm. I was going to remove the lighting, spawn in some pech's until I got a mage, and trade with him.

The other way - *cough* - seems... more lucrative.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Pech's span in different types. With a safari net spawn all sub types? Or will I need to capture a specific one (Mage) for Mage drops?

I have already located a Magical Forest biome within 5 chunks of my base, and build a (detached floating) island and grassed it - in preperation for planting my silverwood saplings, and setting up a golem based mana bean farm. I was going to remove the lighting, spawn in some pech's until I got a mage, and trade with him.

The other way - *cough* - seems... more lucrative.
Theoretically any pech in a net not on exact will cause multiple types to spawn. Then when you get a mage, net them up and put it in the spawner instead, so you could put it on exact to get many many many mages or have it non exact and spawn any

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
If I understand your problem properly, you're wanting it to place wheat and tomato, yet lettuce is also infiltrating your farm?
Do you have another planter within range of it?
(Within 13 blocks)
If yes, what is the range it is planting in? It could be planting in over that farm?
My problem is that it's NOT planting lettuce. In fact, the planter's just kind of planting tomato and wheat seeds randomly, even though I set up the filter to plant it in straight lines afternating Crops-Tomato-Lettuce.

If it at all helps, here are two screenshots of my farm. The first one shows how the planter has arranged it. The second one shows the planter interface how I set it up.
e5rzig.png
142r58i.png
(Ignore the nether wart farm, I haven't gotten around to automatizing it yet. Actually, can a planter plant nether wart on soul sand after/if a harvester harvests it?)

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
My problem is that it's NOT planting lettuce. In fact, the planter's just kind of planting tomato and lettuce seeds randomly, even though I set up the filter to plant it in straight lines afternating Crops-Tomato-Lettuce.
check the planter again there is a known bug where it doesn't remember the pattern

use your other mouse button to set it again

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
for 3 it's a troll. kind of a , we covered mob grinders, if you cannot reapply this knowledge here it is on you bub. if you go to do it manually you will be slamming your junk in a drawer for a while. if you instead find magical forest, set up a darkroom, safari net a pech, and spawn them for a bit with a grinder eating the spawns, you will have mana beans, silverwoods, greatwoods, knowledge fragments, and pechs curse capped iron wands coming out your orifices. when you need an me fuzzy export into a trashcan set to iron wands you will understand.
alternately you can simply trade with the buggers for much the same, though its much slower and very trolly(them suddenly deciding no more trading and your lucrum based items for trade flying on the floor which they then try to swipe, quite frequently).
The recipe for a Greatwood sapling seemed a lot more like "fun challenge" than "troll recipe" to me.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how I get the silverwood sapling to appear in the ExA tab in the thaumonomicon, I have all the others researched but the silverwood one is not present at all.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how I get the silverwood sapling to appear in the ExA tab in the thaumonomicon, I have all the others researched but the silverwood one is not present at all.

Its a trap. Don't do it.
It was a frustrating excercise for me too. I had to research down the transmutation tree I think before I got it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Actually there is a work around for the Gravel Ores, either by using a Unifier or the Dictionary from Mariculture. Because they still are registered to be Ores once they have gone through gravel, sand and then dust forms.

I think that is how it works. That is how i have set it up. so it is pretty simple to find a work around.

Then you're on an old version. That is no longer possible.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Tried manually updating TSteelworks to 0.0.4.1 to use the HT Oven better. Ended up for some reason disabling the ability for pulverizers to pulverize sand into dust :confused:

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is that it's NOT planting lettuce. In fact, the planter's just kind of planting tomato and wheat seeds randomly, even though I set up the filter to plant it in straight lines afternating Crops-Tomato-Lettuce.
If it at all helps, here are two screenshots of my farm. The first one shows how the planter has arranged it. The second one shows the planter interface how I set it up.
e5rzig.png
142r58i.png
(Ignore the nether wart farm, I haven't gotten around to automatizing it yet. Actually, can a planter plant nether wart on soul sand after/if a harvester harvests it?)
Is itt just me? Looks like your farm plot is 9x6? If your farm isnt 9x9 then it may be that the remaining 3 rows are where the lettuce is supposed to grow?

Reactions: Adonis0

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
UPDATE: I can confirm that TSteelworks 0.0.4 works just fine with Pulverizers, but 0.0.4.1 will not let Pulverizers turn sand into dust. No clue why. I would suggest for anyone manually updating for fixes to the Deep Tanks go to .4 and not .4.1 for now.

pollan66

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a Builders wand using the 8 diamonds+ stick recipe only find out that it doesn´t want to actually build anything o_O. I have plenty of material in my inventory and I see the wireframe outline of where the blocks will be placed but nothing happends when I right click. Has this happend to anyone else playing V2.1.2 of AG or have I found a bug?

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a Builders wand using the 8 diamonds+ stick recipe only find out that it doesn´t want to actually build anything o_O. I have plenty of material in my inventory and I see the wireframe outline of where the blocks will be placed but nothing happends when I right click. Has this happend to anyone else playing V2.1.2 of AG or have I found a bug?
Are you in Adventure mode?

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: I can confirm that TSteelworks 0.0.4 works just fine with Pulverizers, but 0.0.4.1 will not let Pulverizers turn sand into dust. No clue why. I would suggest for anyone manually updating for fixes to the Deep Tanks go to .4 and not .4.1 for now.

Wait... A Tinkers Steelworks update stopped Thermal Expansion's pulverizers from turning sand into Ex Nihilo dust?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Wait... A Tinkers Steelworks update stopped Thermal Expansion's pulverizers from turning sand into Ex Nihilo dust?
Well maybe... No... Or they... Nah...

I, uh, have no idea how that even comes close to correlating with one another.