What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I made another small utility add-on mod, this time for Waila:

Waila Harvestability

awesome :)
perhaps an idea to combine your 3 mods together into 1 mod?
I don't know any coding, so I'm just blabbing here, but perhaps it would be possible to automatically disable a part of the mod when another mod is not installed? to prevent people needing both harvestcraft and tinkers construct when using the combined mod...

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
alright, if that is what you wish I'll listen to your choice.
if you're interested you may also post the updates yourself in this topic, that way you can share updates when you feel like they're important enough to be shared.
I've mentioned this before and I'll mention it again, anyone is allowed to post mod updates, even if you're a mod developer yourself and you want to share an update of your mod

Man, just wanted to say a quick thanks to you for having that spark to create this thread. I don't think even you anticipated how popular this idea would become. Youtubers (bevolj) are doing video versions of this idea now. I like getting updates on various little gems that pops up on this thread.

Have a good weekend :)

Reactions: Bevo

Azagal73

Jul 29, 2019
tonius11 has released a new version of Simply Jetpacks

tonius11 said:
Simply Jetpacks 0.1.4 for Minecraft 1.6.4:

- Released May 2nd, 2014
- Mobs are now able to 'use' jetpacks when picking them up
- Mobs wearing jetpacks will die when flying past the world height limit
- Added a config option to only allow crafting jetpacks by upgrading previous tiers
- Tuberous jetpacks are now even more cartoonish
- Added a config option to disable tuberous jetpack crafting
- Jetpacks now retain their stored power when upgraded
- Jetpacks will take the stored power from flux capacitors in crafting
- Added localization support. Want to add your own language? Submit a pull request on my GitHub!

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
awesome :)
perhaps an idea to combine your 3 mods together into 1 mod?
I don't know any coding, so I'm just blabbing here, but perhaps it would be possible to automatically disable a part of the mod when another mod is not installed? to prevent people needing both harvestcraft and tinkers construct when using the combined mod...
That'd be pretty easy to do. However, I think they are separate enough in terms of functionality that it wouldn't make too much sense to have them all as one mod (and it'd make it less straightforward for users to turn off any parts they don't want).

What's your motivation for wanting them to be combined?

Reactions: Yusunoha

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be pretty easy to do. However, I think they are separate enough in terms of functionality that it wouldn't make too much sense to have them all as one mod (and it'd make it less straightforward for users to turn off any parts they don't want).

I'll try, and @Yusunoha can correct it as he sees fit. One mod to add, many mod packs to use them in all (corny LOTR ref). But, it means I can use it in FTB monster or shneekeycraft or somewhere else... and it is a matter of disabling what mod interaction I don't want using configs :)

Reactions: Yusunoha

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Players can ride on the machines though. I can totally see an entire game based on caterpillar wars where players have controllable machines and bows.

I imagine the thing moving, with a water curtain, and a TNT cannon port. As you move past each other, you need to either hit their gunport, or the source of the water on top of the device to remove the anti-TNT shield.

You could do that now with a couple minecarts and a roller coaster track.
But is it as funny to watch? *chin stroke*
Depends on how erratic the track is and how dunk the players are. :D
The real issue with that I'd say is that Minecarts can be broken with arrows. They can be, right?
Hum if there was any way to suspend tracks over lava it could be real fun. And how much damage douse getting hit by a minecaft cause?

If you want to see the combination of minecarts, erratic tracks, lava, arrows, and "drunk players", then watch this

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Man, just wanted to say a quick thanks to you for having that spark to create this thread. I don't think even you anticipated how popular this idea would become. Youtubers (bevolj) are doing video versions of this idea now. I like getting updates on various little gems that pops up on this thread.

Have a good weekend :)

actually no, I never thought it'd this popular. I just thought of doing something with the information that I get from my daily mod updates and created this topic. it's awesome to see a community work together like this :)

I'll try, and @Yusunoha can correct it as he sees fit. One mod to add, many mod packs to use them in all (corny LOTR ref). But, it means I can use it in FTB monster or shneekeycraft or somewhere else... and it is a matter of disabling what mod interaction I don't want using configs :)

pretty much this... modpack developers often try to keep the mod count as low as possible, and I'm expecting you'll probably make more mods, so if you'd combine them all in 1 mod with configuration option there'll be a very good chance your mods will be used in more modpacks.

it's also easier for the user to install your mod, because it'd be 1 mod, which is 1 download and only 1 file to drop in the mods folder

Last edited:
Reactions: PurpleMentat

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, with no update yesterday as there was nothing for me to report at the time XD
but today there is, and it's @mDiyo with Tinkers Construct
mDiyo said:
  • - Fix certain tools crashing the client when rendering

and @slowpoke mentioned on Reddit that Forestry is now Open Source :D
slowpoke said:
just went Open Source from the looks, comment :)

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, with no update yesterday as there was nothing for me to report at the time XD
but today there is, and it's @mDiyo with Tinkers Construct

Apparently there are some more undocumented changes: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/24lsm4/psa_undocumented_changes_in_tinkers_construct/

• The Haste (redstone) modifier now increases somewhat exponentially and increases differently based on the number of parts in the tool that influence the tool's durability (large plates/tool heads). Here is a graph that shows the differences.
  • Luck (lapis) can now add both Fortune and Looting to the same tool if the tool is part of both the "harvest" and "weapon" categories. Applicable tools: Hammer, Scythe, Battleaxe
  • Stonebound speed bonuses on Hammers and Excavators didn't change, but were being over-reported before v1.5.5 (in Tool Forges, etc). Lumber Axes got their Stonebound bonuses changed to be in line with Hammers/Excavators (in other words, Lumber Axes get smaller speed bonuses from Stonebound in v1.5.5). To be extra clear: Hammers, Excavators, and Lumber Axes receive smaller mining speed bonuses from the Stonebound modifier than the other tools do.
  • Hammer mining speeds were increased overall; they used to always be multiplied by 0.16667, now they are multiplied by 0.2.
  • Battleaxe, Lumberaxe, Excavator, and Mattock mining speeds were increased overall; they used to always be multiplied by 0.3333, now they are multiplied by 0.4.
  • Repair costs went down overall. Repairs have always cost more on tools that have less than 3 modifiers remaining. In v1.5.5, tools with 2 modifiers remaining cost 110% more than normal to repair instead of 120% more, tools with 1 modifier remaining cost 120% more than normal to repair instead of 140% more, and tools with 0 modifiers remaining cost 130% more than normal to repair instead of 160% more.

That Luck part has always bothered me, finally its fixed :D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet now that forestry is open source I can do some cool stuff with my addon.
Which is about it. It's open but you can't redistribute modified copies nor derivatives. People have different takes on what "open source" means. It's a general statement that needs more explanation when making a public announcement like that.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Which is about it. It's open but you can't redistribute modified copies nor derivatives. People have different takes on what "open source" means. It's a general statement that needs more explanation when making a public announcement like that.

I suppose it means we can use it to learn from...

Reactions: RedBoss