What's new in modded minecraft today?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Derailment you say?
shonan-monorail.jpg

There was never any rails to begin with. On a serious note, Professor Flaxbeard is making progress with his mod: http://imgur.com/a/7mK9o

Apparently its called Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod and its based on steam using a pressure distribution mechanic.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
On a serious note, Professor Flaxbeard is making progress with his mod: http://imgur.com/a/7mK9o

Apparently its called Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod and its based on steam using a pressure distribution mechanic.

Ooh! I've seen this before! Flaxbeard made a post on reddit asking for suggestions for the mod.

I'd like to say I helped, but by the time I found the thread most of the cool ideas had been mentioned. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Players can ride on the machines though. I can totally see an entire game based on caterpillar wars where players have controllable machines and bows.

You could do that now with a couple minecarts and a roller coaster track.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So there's a new Thermal Expansion 3 addon by @tgame14 called "Advanced Fluxian Tools". It's still early in development, but there are plans to add a lot of cool stuff including armor! :)
If we've learned anything, it's that the old guard will have a hissy fit when they see this.

That being said, @tgame14 I get this is likely not the best place to request a feature, but any hope for the laser to have a combat mode? Sort of a secondary toggle, switches off block damage from either the explosive shot or the mining beam. It'd mean a lot to me, at least.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The real issue with that I'd say is that Minecarts can be broken with arrows. They can be, right?
Hum if there was any way to suspend tracks over lava it could be real fun. And how much damage douse getting hit by a minecaft cause?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hum if there was any way to suspend tracks over lava it could be real fun. And how much damage douse getting hit by a minecaft cause?
Damage from being hit from a minecart? Uh... Zero IIRC. If you used a RailCraft Train, them there is damage. Actually, if you use Railcraft you could cause damage just by sending a minecart at someone on a high speed rail system.
The damage of course is in the form of a explosion, and everyone loves those! ...Right?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and let's start with a fun little hilarious tweet from @tonius11, who's the mod developer of Simply Jetpacks
tonius11 said:
As a first meaningful tweet, here's a thing I made today.
ShadyAlarmedAfricanmolesnake.gif

next up, @Vazkii again with another update for Botania
Vazkii said:
Beta 25
  • Added some particles and/or sound to the Jaded Amaranthus and the Agricarnation.
  • Fixed a typo that caused some particles (pure daisy, mana pool, etc) to display in the wrong color.
  • Fixed the creative mana pool giving a regular one with pick block (middle click).
  • Force double checking with recurion for Terrasteel crafting, this should make it always work, there was some weird issue with position syncing, which caused it to not work on some cases.
  • The Agricarnation now grows normal crops (Wheat, Potatos, Carrots) fine, this broke in 1.7.
  • The Jaded Amaranthus can now place flowers on snow covered blocks.

and it's been a while, but @eximius88 has finally released a new update for Modular Powersuits Addons
eximius88 said:
An update is available. This should fix many issues and also add functionality to the dimensional tear generator, which is now on the powertool. The download link is in the OP (build number 886). As usual report any issues you have to the github page, if you don't have a github account, just post them here. Also use the most recent versions of numina and MPS to ensure maximum compatibility. An official changelog will be out later today.

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
We got to see what the tuberous jet pack does.

Up you go. Ohh ahh look at those fireworks. Kaplunk. Death looks upon you.

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 983 using Tapatalk 2