Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
@gollark8
What is OP abot TE ?
Have you ever played with Rotary craft ?
If made correct the Extractors can process like one stack ores in like 1-2 seconds!
and you dont get like 2 ingots out of one but like 5!
So tell me now WHY is TE op ?

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
All this "make your own packs" "dont play it when you dont like it" "combine packs" "configure your packs" is making me think you people are playing SSP. Sure this sounds great in theory but I really don't think you will be able to find decent server that has things you want.

gollark8

Jul 29, 2019
You could argue NO mod is balanced against vanilla, since vanilla was balanced for vanilla. Next argument please.
TE is also OP.
And balanced could also be close to standard-same progression speed etc. which TE doesn't fit.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
All this "make your own packs" "dont play it when you dont like it" "combine packs" "configure your packs" is making me think you people are playing SSP. Sure this sounds great in theory but I really don't think you will be able to find decent server that has things you want.
In my opinion, the only decent server is a private whitelisted one, since those tend to have less lag and less rule breakers.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
TE is also OP.
And balanced could also be close to standard-same progression speed etc. which TE doesn't fit.

These are opinions, not hard facts. There are people that find TE3 balanced, there are others that find IC2 balanced. Balance and "OPness" are arbitrary statements. Things can only be as balanced or as "OP" as someone believes they are.

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
@gollark8
What is OP abot TE ?
Have you ever played with Rotary craft ?
If made correct the Extractors can process like one stack ores in like 1-2 seconds!
and you dont get like 2 ingots out of one but like 5!
So tell me now WHY is TE op ?

I can bang a mod together in few hours that will allow you to dupe items with one block if you ask it nicely. And after that I will bang together mod in 5 minutes that will have an item that sets you to creative if you ask it politely, does that make the first mod balanced ? Your logic is mindblowingly flawed.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
and with all that being said one of the most influentual mod makers/mods do not exist today because of this ic2 bc forestry and all the others will fade off like red power did to be replaced by an inferior project red mfr extra utils cool tools but they will never be the same withput that content ftb is bc ic2 rp railcraft if it wernt for these what would ftb be sorry guys if yall need help or need more volenteers to help w workload ask but dont take away what made ftb fun and intresting for the rest of us its not the power systems that make the experiance its the miner or the player that makes the experiance anyone know what it takes to get every bee and tree these days idk still working on it

Nope FTB is a map that became a pack that became a launcher that has many packs. It is not just a few mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1398715413][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have read it. But packs being balanced with only RF mods in mind will severely hurt my experience of using "the lesser" energy systems, effectively cutting MJ and EU based mods out.

2 of 10 packs. That leaves 8 packs.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
It also has to be balanced around vanilla,which TE is not.

This is a completely true statement. TE is not balanced around an arbitrary and limited sandbox. It...well actually it's still an arbitrary, limited sandbox. It just lets you automate a few things.

Realistically, any mod that just doesn't outright hurt the player is going to be unbalanced / OP compared to vanilla.

And while it's been stated a few times already...RF and TE are not the same thing. CoFHLib and Core are getting *major* overhauls for 1.7. Time (and other things) permitting, I'll be back a bit this summer and we'll probably completely refactor everything CoFH. :) Don't assume that the current state of things is how things will always be. If anything, the *only* constant you can assume at this point is that RF will exist - TE may or may not be a primary generator/consumer of it.

gollark8

Jul 29, 2019
These are opinions, not hard facts. There are people that find TE3 balanced, there are others that find IC2 balanced. Balance and "OPness" are arbitrary statements. Things can only be as balanced or as "OP" as someone believes they are.
And IC2 is? And if you bring up gregtech I'll strangle a rabbit.
@gollark8 So what do you get to early in TE ?
I can get ore doubeling with Tinkers Construct as soon as with TE
With the AE Grind stone even earlier
First post:It speeds up progression loads.
Second post:IC2 is just something that can speed progression a little and makes much more stuff to do.It's balance is even better with GT.
Third:I think you can switch off the AE grind stone.And TiCon is even worse,especially with what was going on with TiCon removing gt's entire oredict handler breaking several recipes rather then just using a crafting blacklist thing GT has.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Minetweaker is a very important tool in making modpacks. Seeing as it isn't updated yet, are you going to wait for it to update, or make an unofficial update? use an alternative, at least temporarily?
Since it was lost in the backlog of whatever these people are doing, I'm "bumping" it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@Xarlas no I don't use it,it's got ad fly links.But I heard it needs very complicated setup.
TE just ruins progression by using a super-simple energy system that powers very cheap multifunctional machines.
and yet there are config options to make crafting recipes more expensive (if 2 gold ingots, redstone, iron and various other materials per machine are too cheap for you)
If ores are too common to obtain (which they are in my opinion by spawning so much), you can use COFH World gen to reduce it. So there are many ways of "balancing" this so called OP mod.
TE3 seriously eats your redstone reserves, before energy conduits, redstone hardly had any use, now I can't get enough of it, thanks to TE3.

Status
Not open for further replies.