Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
the MFR page on Laser Drills claims a single pre-charger can take up to 5000RF/t. With a yellow focus it will produce sulfur ore - hopefully in sufficient quantities - lime could produce uranium ore but I don't know if yellorium ore counts. Now I need to figure out how to make an energy efficient (so i get more uranium than I use) reactor capable of producing that much power.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
the MFR page on Laser Drills claims a single pre-charger can take up to 5000RF/t. With a yellow focus it will produce sulfur ore - hopefully in sufficient quantities - lime could produce uranium ore but I don't know if yellorium ore counts. Now I need to figure out how to make an energy efficient (so i get more uranium than I use) reactor capable of producing that much power.

Yellorium = uranium.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of pulverizing Blaze Rods to get your starting bolus of Sulfur, you could use the excess Blaze Powder to craft Potions for the Potion generator. That thing is probably the highest single-block RF/ti available outside of Big Reactors.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

If you want ungodly amounts of sulfur you can get it with an enderquarry in the nether. Tons of ore and each of those produce 12? 16? sulfur.
This isn't a trap, honest.
EDIT: Oops, you mentioned the nether already. Nethermind?

Reactions: fleutius

veehexx

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few more questions..just as a reminder, we're on 2.1.1.

1) Is there a way to reset an island back to default? it's yet to happen, but i can see that if a team looses all their lives, that the island will then become inactive as that team can no longer play. If not, then I guess we use MCEdit and do chunk swapouts for clean islands?
2) Smeltry appears very glitchy. Sometimes it'll smelt fine, other times the controller will get stuck and any new items to smelt will get stuck at 30 or 70% smelt (item progress instantly goes to that when you add them) and we have to break the controller and replace to continue smelting.
3) We didnt get a hopper at the early on stages. One of our players says this is a bug as it works in SP in previous version when he started his world. I've sorted this with OP powers, and spawned in a hopper for each island, but figured i'd mention this.

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019

1) Is there a way to reset an island back to default? it's yet to happen, but i can see that if a team looses all their lives, that the island will then become inactive as that team can no longer play. If not, then I guess we use MCEdit and do chunk swapouts for clean islands?
2) Smeltry appears very glitchy. Sometimes it'll smelt fine, other times the controller will get stuck and any new items to smelt will get stuck at 30 or 70% smelt (item progress instantly goes to that when you add them) and we have to break the controller and replace to continue smelting.
3) We didnt get a hopper at the early on stages. One of our players says this is a bug as it works in SP in previous version when he started his world. I've sorted this with OP powers, and spawned in a hopper for each island, but figured i'd mention this.

I cannot answer 1)

but for 2) This is a bug in Tinkers, Download the newest version from the MCF post, this fixes this specifik issue
3) If you are on the Home Sweet home O map, then it is in the chest (or should be)

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019

I have that problem to! Soo annoying. I usually fix it by adding a new layer of the smeltery or breaking any block and then putting it back in :(

veehexx

Jul 29, 2019
3) If you are on the Home Sweet home O map, then it is in the chest (or should be)

I know that option is available when you run in SP mode (i launched AS on 1.0.8, in SP and got this option), but we're on SMP, so spawn island with 8 player islands around it - basically run the AS 2.1.1 server in it's default config and thats the world we're running on.

as for the smeltry fix, i presume that'll need client side mod updating too? to save out-of-release versions and hassle for the players, i'll wait for 2.1.2 to be released hoping it will include this fix.

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
I know that option is available when you run in SP mode (i launched AS on 1.0.8, in SP and got this option), but we're on SMP, so spawn island with 8 player islands around it - basically run the AS 2.1.1 server in it's default config and thats the world we're running on.

as for the smeltry fix, i presume that'll need client side mod updating too? to save out-of-release versions and hassle for the players, i'll wait for 2.1.2 to be released hoping it will include this fix.

I would assume that it would need a client side fix aswell yes. The only thing you can do in the meantime is to break the a block in the lower levels once in a while.
If you break fx. the tank, it will still show as not having lava, but the items in the smeltery will begin to smelt again

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If you want ungodly amounts of sulfur you can get it with an enderquarry in the nether. Tons of ore and each of those produce 12? 16? sulfur.
This isn't a trap, honest.
EDIT: Oops, you mentioned the nether already. Nethermind?

I think, as scary as the nether is, the *real* challenge of this map is producing stuff, from nothing. I am looking/hoping for non nether based solutions to uranium production.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
The only uranium that I have encountered is from a laser drill that is based in the nether. No bedrock in the overworld to be able to use a laser drill, not that I have discovered.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
That's something I did not see or read about in the mod reviews. You learn something everyday.
BTW, Just after I completed your Purple hoarding quest (2.0.3) and update, I find that you lowered the required amounts?? Talk about being evil.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I found another great use for my favorite modded minecraft block.
AqHSdpT.jpg
Wonder how long 300k oak saplings will take to compost? Been playing around with minetweaker trying to get the factorization recipes to accept platinum ingots in place of dark iron ingots. Was trying to just use oredict entries, be a shame if I have to redo every recipe individually.

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
That's something I did not see or read about in the mod reviews. You learn something everyday.

But it does tell you in the quest book, just how much information is being "skimmed" in this book must make Jaded's blood boil, a ton of the questions she gets thrown at her have the answers in the questbook, if only people would read it.

Last edited:

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
But it does tell you in the quest book, just how much information is being "skimmed" in this book must make Jaded's blood boil, a ton of the questions she gets thrown at her have the answers in the questbook, if only people would read it.
I think you misunderstood him. Some quest requirements were lowered in later versions of this map.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Common happening, the hellfish have gone into blocks and the mob cap is full.
To cure this type /cofh killall

Naah, I like my nether all safe ^^* Sure, i did manage to find like 4 of the little hellfishes (They are scary but hardly dangerous) when I placed my 128x128 enderquarry but still so safe compared to what I'm used to :p Thank you Jaded for a safe nether :)