Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
According to the creator of Ex Nihilo the item duct issue is:

"Basically, TE looks for inventory slots on machines that it is connected to. The crucible has one input item slot for the itemduct to look at. Minecraft item slots can hold a stack of items, but the crucible can only hold one item at a time. When the crucible can take another piece of cobblestone, I open that slot up to be filled. The itemduct takes a STACK of cobblestone and tries to put the whole stack into the crucible at once. The crucible takes the one item it needs, closes the inventory slot and gives the rest back to the itemduct. If the itemduct can't get rid of the extra somewhere, it just bounces around in there.

The crucible is not lying to the itemduct or anything. In fact, the only way that I 'could' solve this issue is by lying to the itemduct and saying "I have 63 cobble, please just send one" even though my inventory is empty.

EDIT: I also want to be clear about why I don't want to fix that. Most people haven't tried this, but the crucible can melt smooth stone, gravel, netherrack and obsidian in addition to cobble. If I lied to the itemducts and said that I have 63 cobble, piping systems would assume that they couldn't put in anything except cobble.

If you want to eliminate this problem in-game, just put a hopper on top of your crucible and run the itemduct to it."

Its a cross mod issue not an item duct issue.

Also a Jabba barrel with a hopper upgrade works great!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
1 - a book has several cheaper recipes
2 - the book binder quest does not unlock any quests, its a side quest

The first quest is In the beginning, and there a bunch of side quests that I had to complete before any of the others (on the right hand page) would unlock. The quest "The Librarian" requires a book binder, which according to NEI has a single recipe, two pieces of paper and a two string.

The next two quests (Smooth as Silk, Be Resourceful) didn't unlock until I had completed all of those sub quests to In The Beginning.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
The first quest is In the beginning, and there a bunch of side quests that I had to complete before any of the others (on the right hand page) would unlock. The quest "The Librarian" requires a book binder, which according to NEI has a single recipe, two pieces of paper and a two string.

The next two quests (Smooth as Silk, Be Resourceful) didn't unlock until I had completed all of those sub quests to In The Beginning.

I believe you need to do the wood crafting one and the wool/string one to unlock those two, which are unlocked by giving the hopper back

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
According to the creator of Ex Nihilo "If you want to eliminate this problem in-game, just put a hopper on top of your crucible and run the itemduct to it."
And people yell at me for using hoppers... Damn useful block, ever since Evoc fixed it!
TE is working exactly as designed. As the Ex Nihilo author stated in my quote earlier, the problem is that the Crucibles from Ex Nihilo are doing things differently then TE3 expects. Neither mod is at fault. Thats the definition of a cross mod issue. BC will never be placed in Ag Skies.
Now if only there was a Flood Gate available in another mod, for me and the three others that cool our reactors with cryotheum.

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated from 2.0.2 to the latest version 2.1.1 I think?

WOW did I finish a lot of quests just now! I am somewhere like 70-80% complete overall now

Almost every one I not had complete was requiring 100k or more of something. Now the only seem to require 1-10k of stuff.

I had to recraft a few things to complete some quests that changed. Also have 10-40k extra items for different things that I had been saving up for the old requirements.(ie. 40k redstone for 100k pistons)

It appears the dirt and cobble horde quest did not change. I only got around 1.5m cobble and 10k dirt so far. :(

I am making dirt using leaves from MFR farm then getting AE to put them into barrels as well as pull it out. Cobble is just using around 30 Igneous Extruders. Should I just be expand that setup or any tips for how to do it better?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am using a harvest on MFR rubber trees , and not getting any rubber. What am I missing?

Edit: NVM. Rubber trees through sawmill -> glue -> furnace -> rubber.
2nd edit: I derped. The rubber got sent into the ender furnace sitting next to the harvester.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaintedHorizon

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Sulfur - how to get it?
The only two "true ex nihilo" recipes I see in NEI (i.e. that don't involve quarrying the nether) seem to be from grinding coal and grinding blaze rods. However the sulfur yield is quite low on those two grinds leaving me with a *lot* of excess blaze powder or charcoal dust to...
void? We don't seem to have a void chest in the pack - how does one efficiently destroy excess items in this pack?
Alternatively there are uses for blaze powder and pulverized coal dust that I am unaware of...

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Sulfur - how to get it?
The only two "true ex nihilo" recipes I see in NEI (i.e. that don't involve quarrying the nether) seem to be from grinding coal and grinding blaze rods. However the sulfur yield is quite low on those two grinds leaving me with a *lot* of excess blaze powder or charcoal dust to...
void? We don't seem to have a void chest in the pack - how does one efficiently destroy excess items in this pack?
Alternatively there are uses for blaze powder and pulverized coal dust that I am unaware of...

Isn't there sulfur in the nether? and there is the extra utilities trash can, that's an easy way to get rid of extra crap.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
At least if you silkworm it you'll get tons of string. Btw, it's easier to start at the top, and clear each layer one-by-one, if you want to get all the leaves with a crook.

Alternatively, use birch.

Yes I do start at the top. One tree here and there is fine, but having 6 in a row is just painful.

Birch doesn't do that? Whoa time to switch!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Via nether ores, there is lots of sulfur in the nether.

However, in terms of the 'from nothing' spirit of sky block maps I want to set up a production line to, well, make it ex nihilo.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal for the nether to be utterly devoid of life? I went in to set up my enderpump and I didn't see a single mob,,, Flew around and got me a bit of netherack and sulphur and still nothing... Put down a magnum torch to keep it that way but still ^^* Should the nether really be safe for several minutes?

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that you need to go through all the hassle of making greatwood saplings via TC infusion to get past the "Alchemy" quest?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that you need to go through all the hassle of making greatwood saplings via TC infusion to get past the "Alchemy" quest?
This is Jaded. So probably yes.

All other infusion crafting seems boring now. Also, I have a lot of extra crystals I don't need any more.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Via nether ores, there is lots of sulfur in the nether.

However, in terms of the 'from nothing' spirit of sky block maps I want to set up a production line to, well, make it ex nihilo.

Well you could use MFR laser drill, with yellow foci it pulls in a ton of nether sulfur and that pulverises to a crap load of sulfur per block (24).

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could use MFR laser drill, with yellow foci it pulls in a ton of nether sulfur and that pulverises to a crap load of sulfur per block (24).
Speaking of the MFR laser drill, what is the minimum power needed to get just a bit of ores?
I was thinking of using it to either get Yelorium (mispelled i know) or the sulfur to make it, but i am far away from a proper power supply.

I have a good amount of materials, i just have not found the way i want to produce RF outside of big reactors

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of the MFR laser drill, what is the minimum power needed to get just a bit of ores?
I was thinking of using it to either get Yelorium (mispelled i know) or the sulfur to make it, but i am far away from a proper power supply.

I have a good amount of materials, i just have not found the way i want to produce RF outside of big reactors
In theory, you could power it from a survivalist generator,,, Though it takes a loooong time to get ores that way ^^* More power -> More ores.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well interesting you should ask, I think the MFR laser drill is somewhat troubled in the amount of power it requests. I have a Big reactor which I can open up to all the power and the MFR drill will eat all of it and will continue to eat all of it when the prechargers are full of RF.

Right now my control rods are capped at 50% and I use an energy cell to restrict the amount of RF the prechargers eat at once.

As for minimum power, I don't think there is one, it will just crawl along quite happily with any amount of RF you feed it. But I would advise going for a big reactor, it will solve any power issues you may want or have. You can pulverise blaze rods to get sulfur to mix with pulverised tin to make yellorite to get you started.

Reactions: fleutius

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Well interesting you should ask, I think the MFR laser drill is somewhat troubled in the amount of power it requests. I have a Big reactor which I can open up to all the power and the MFR drill will eat all of it and will continue to eat all of it when the prechargers are full of RF.

Right now my control rods are capped at 50% and I use an energy cell to restrict the amount of RF the prechargers eat at once.

As for minimum power, I don't think there is one, it will just crawl along quite happily with any amount of RF you feed it. But I would advise going for a big reactor, it will solve any power issues you may want or have. You can pulverise blaze rods to get sulfur to mix with pulverised tin to make yellorite to get you started.
Yeah thought about the blaze rods, but i havent got the power setup to run a grinder/spawner yet.

As of now, i am still running on crucible power, but i am finding it to quickly lag my slow computer, so until i get a tree farm for charcoal or the like, i wont have that option.

And i just havent been brave enough to even make a nether portal yet ;) Even with a silk touch pick and flight, that place still scares the living hell out of me, just from the stories about it.

@Jadedcat Congratulations on making the "hell" dimension, actually more scary than hell :p

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal for the nether to be utterly devoid of life? I went in to set up my enderpump and I didn't see a single mob,,, Flew around and got me a bit of netherack and sulphur and still nothing... Put down a magnum torch to keep it that way but still ^^* Should the nether really be safe for several minutes?
Common happening, the hellfish have gone into blocks and the mob cap is full.
To cure this type /cofh killall