Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Mojang stopping support for the old launcher. Heaven forbid we have an easy way to install mods without relying on a 3rd party app.

OMG JADEDCAT HAS BECOME A REAL CAT!!!!!!111

When did this happen?

Jaded has always been a real cat.
Dropping the human decoy probably means feline world domination has reached critical mass.​

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang stopping support for the old launcher. Heaven forbid we have an easy way to install mods without relying on a 3rd party app.

Jaded has always been a real cat.
Dropping the human decoy probably means feline world domination has reached critical mass.​

I wondered why my cats were walking upright in uniform earlier ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My quarry is confused by an accidental cobblestone generator. The main quarry hole is filled with water, but one of the natural side passages has a lava flow in it.

The quarry would destroy the cobblestone block formed by contact between this lava and the water in the main shaft, then go about its business for about a second before the next block of cobble forms, which causes it to stop its forward progress and go back to destroy the offending block. Repeat ad nauseam. No idea how long it's been stuck like that, what a waste of time :p

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
My quarry is confused by an accidental cobblestone generator. The main quarry hole is filled with water, but one of the natural side passages has a lava flow in it.

The quarry would destroy the cobblestone block formed by contact between this lava and the water in the main shaft, then go about its business for about a second before the next block of cobble forms, which causes it to stop its forward progress and go back to destroy the offending block. Repeat ad nauseam. No idea how long it's been stuck like that, what a waste of time :p

Be thankful for your free cobble it's in short supply :p

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to move through small spaces with MPS legs. Oh I'll just drop through this one block wide hole. Dammit missed. Dammit missed. Ok I'll slow myself with shift ... God dammit!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The lack of certain metal blocks in TE3.

I try to format all my ingots and blocks into either the TE or TiCo versions, basically because I don't like the look of the ones from other mods.

But with lead blocks, you have a choice of IC2 or...IC2. And it's this nasty greeny/yellow colour and looks really bad when I set up a nice decorative mural to display examples of my metal collection. Really out of place and generally horrid :(

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The lack of certain metal blocks in TE3.

I try to format all my ingots and blocks into either the TE or TiCo versions, basically because I don't like the look of the ones from other mods.

But with lead blocks, you have a choice of IC2 or...IC2. And it's this nasty greeny/yellow colour and looks really bad when I set up a nice decorative mural to display examples of my metal collection. Really out of place and generally horrid :(
Or emasher or factorization

Reactions: YX33A

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Glimmers of light from Arcane Lamps are alyways in the way when trying to right click -.-
You can destroy them with a left click and hope for them to appear elsewhere. Still gets me too, sometimes.

===
everything is in gametime. So if you want something done you have to wait in game for it to get done. (or have a server with a chunkloader in it) Ender lilies take forever to mature on my single player world.

Aggressive mobs. As much as I hate them, I miss them when I turn it to peaceful.

RoyalCreeper12

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrading a translocator with a diamond nugget and the other eight nuggets are pretty much useless. There is no way to get diamond nuggets other than 1 diamond.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Oceans. I'm fine with them being there, but why do they have to be so absolutely deprived of content? Squids, dirt, sand and water for as far as the eye can see. Every now and then you come across a flooded cave opening, and Strongholds have an annoying tendency to generate under oceans, but apart from that there's nothing fun to do there, and nothing you can't do a hundred times easier on land (apart from fishing and drowning yourself, I guess). It also seems like Mojang has deliberately avoided adding anything to oceans, they haven't had a single new feature since the launch of the game. There could be so much potential, like richer ore deposits generating under oceans (inciting you to make an underwater mining base), sunken treasures, seaweed, coral reefs, deep-sea-excluisive mobs, or loads of other things giving you an incentive to explore the deep blue. As of now, Oceans are just boring, completely resourceless deserts under water.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Oceans. I'm fine with them being there, but why do they have to be so absolutely deprived of content? Squids, dirt, sand and water for as far as the eye can see. Every now and then you come across a flooded cave opening, and Strongholds have an annoying tendency to generate under oceans, but apart from that there's nothing fun to do there, and nothing you can't do a hundred times easier on land (apart from fishing and drowning yourself, I guess). It also seems like Mojang has deliberately avoided adding anything to oceans, they haven't had a single new feature since the launch of the game. There could be so much potential, like richer ore deposits generating under oceans (inciting you to make an underwater mining base), sunken treasures, seaweed, coral reefs, deep-sea-excluisive mobs, or loads of other things giving you an incentive to explore the deep blue. As of now, Oceans are just boring, completely resourceless deserts under water.

I concur. They are rather crap. Mariculture adds some stuff to oceans. I tend to just quarry them so I don't scar the landscape.