Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry!!
Oh don't be, I don't mind. Technically, I am "mature" so its not a problem for me. You should regret nothing, and besides it was pretty cool and is almost enough for me to look into the franchise more seriously (not sure if I can actually bring myself to go that far though)

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang keeps making more and more inane and pointless features in vanilla that serve little in-game purpose and/or are redundant. (Seriously, did we REALLY need more flowers? Or horses, for that matter, considering we already had minecarts?)

Also, power creep. In ALL OF THE MODS. (Except a few of them.)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Mojang keeps making more and more inane and pointless features in vanilla that serve little in-game purpose and/or are redundant. (Seriously, did we REALLY need more flowers? Or horses, for that matter, considering we already had minecarts?)

IMO that might be due in part to the success of the modding community.

Pretty much every idea for added functionality to vanilla MC has already been done in some mod somewhere. Even something simple like adding copper, tin and a recipe for making bronze from them has been done in at least four different mods and probably a whole lot more besides.

So if Mojang don't want to be accused of blatantly ripping off someone's mod, they are left with streamlining, minor changes to existing things and adding increasingly abstruse commands to command blocks. It's why I hardly ever play vanilla MC anymore

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

Pretty much every idea for added functionality to vanilla MC has already been done in some mod somewhere. Even something simple like adding copper, tin and a recipe for making bronze from them has been done in at least four different mods and probably a whole lot more besides.

So if Mojang don't want to be accused of blatantly ripping off someone's mod, they are left with streamlining, minor changes to existing things and adding increasingly abstruse commands to command blocks. It's why I hardly ever play vanilla MC anymore

What vanilla added bronze? Whatever for?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
when you attempt to migrate your minecraft acount to mojang then it registers on your dads email an it wont let you change it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019

This explanation doesn't sit well with me, and i sincerely hope it is not anywhere near the truth...

This is their game now. If they want to implement a new gameplay feature, or refine a feature they already have, they shouldn't have to care if someone's already made a mod for it.

Besides, what do you think inspired Hoppers (chutes) and Enderchests? (it even shares the same name)
Oh, and also horses I'm pretty sure was even helped along by the creator of Mo Creatures, the new biomes I recall hearing something about BoP being involved... (Don't quote me on that)

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
The moments when you build a base on the moon, and then realize its a huge PITA to change out your air tanks, and nearly impossible to use oxygen sealers, so you make yourself a void age as a "space" station

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This explanation doesn't sit well with me, and i sincerely hope it is not anywhere near the truth...

This is their game now. If they want to implement a new gameplay feature, or refine a feature they already have, they shouldn't have to care if someone's already made a mod for it.

Besides, what do you think inspired Hoppers (chutes) and Enderchests? (it even shares the same name)
Oh, and also horses I'm pretty sure was even helped along by the creator of Mo Creatures, the new biomes I recall hearing something about BoP being involved... (Don't quote me on that)
This guy has his finger on the pulse. He's right, Mojang add what they want, regardless of whether or not a mod has done it yet, and occasionally get help from modders to improve their base game.

But Enderchests? That was made by Modders before Mojang, even if they shared the same base idea location(a suggestion thread or something, forget where honestly). And weren't Pistons added by Modders before Mojang? Not that I care either way, Pistons are cool. Mojang Enderchests? Not so much.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I did a stupid yesterday.

After spending a good twenty minutes or so getting ingredients together to make Boots of the Traveller, I went mad with power once I got them on (As in, I jumped once in the air and broke a block with my fist. Yay).

To make it official, I decided to toss my iron boots into lava. That being done, I went about my daily business.

Ten minutes later, I realize I'm still wearing iron boots. And they're the only boots in my inventory.

Sigh

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

After spending a good twenty minutes or so getting ingredients together to make Boots of the Traveller, I went mad with power once I got them on (As in, I jumped once in the air and broke a block with my fist. Yay).

To make it official, I decided to toss my iron boots into lava. That being done, I went about my daily business.

Ten minutes later, I realize I'm still wearing iron boots. And they're the only boots in my inventory.

Sigh
Might wanna take that to our Greentext Thread. It's a bit misnamed, but still a valid greentext thread. Also might want to find a good MFW picture instead of that Sigh at the end.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Sigh
I think we should probably start a support group for things like that. Maybe the first meeting should be for "dealing with irrational rage"

At least the second Thaumcraft infusion is always about twice as easy as the first

Reactions: abculatter_2

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should probably start a support group for things like that. Maybe the first meeting should be for "dealing with irrational rage"

At least the second Thaumcraft infusion is always about twice as easy as the first
Like when you accidently shift-click an item but realize you had the Trash Can GUI open?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Sneezing while standing near the edge of the Skyblock platform, and falling to my death. I have done this more times than I would like to admit.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Also, power creep. In ALL OF THE MODS. (Except a few of them.)

I think its more Mojang taking a fairly epic idea, and watering it down;
The original modded pistons (before Mojang found them) could launch entities.
Flower pots (originally 'planters' in BtW) could grow crops without the water requirement, and didn't need a hoe.
Modded enderchests are fairly epic- being able open channels that anyone/anymachine could access instead of a closed/private inventory.
(the added risk with someone discovering your colour code is a brilliant part of the design)​

That, and some of the content is almost totally useless, or just not compelling.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Realising (too late) that the carbon rotors I was using for my high voltage windmills wont work with my new shiny extreme voltage one.

I set my mass fab running to finish off making the iridium for my iridium rotor while i shinned up the ladder to where my windmills are, took 'em all down and opened my crafting thingummy to combine them. Only after placing my new state-of-the-art EV windmill do I find out the rotor wont go in.

No problem, I think, i'll just head down and make an alloy rotor, i'm sure those work.

Bzzzt, nope. By the time I get back down my MSFU has been totally drained and I can't even get into the ME network to get stuff out. And that includes my buckets, so I'm forced to head into the quarry and dig out some iron and coal and enough cobble for a vanilla furnace so i can make some buckets to pick up some lava for my backup geothermal generators.

DERP.

Reactions: rhn