Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@RedBoss, do you add mods to what you play? If you do, DartCraft can solve the problem for you somehow with the Force Torch (Bane).

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Oh, happy april fools from gregtech
7RiFo

(might irk you if you play gregtech a lot :p)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
@RedBoss, do you add mods to what you play? If you do, DartCraft can solve the problem for you somehow with the Force Torch (Bane).

RR has Dartcraft but I don't use it outside of the mitts and clipboard. I'll have to check that out. They're annoying but I like having villagers around. if that makes any sense :D

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, the torches get rids of hostile mobs in it's vicinity so it might help with the zombie raids that occurs near your villagers. And my I just noticed it is 1st of April today.

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Grinding an entire stack of Shimmerleaf to make Ethereal Blooms only to on the third craft chuck the entire stack of shimmerleafs into the crucible...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Grinding an entire stack of Shimmerleaf to make Ethereal Blooms only to on the third craft chuck the entire stack of shimmerleafs into the crucible...
Oops.

Making a giant Mekanism dynamic tank, only to take an Opis profile after settting it up, and the tank was lagging out the server. -.-

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Planks and logs. And oh my god chisel carpet. Covered a friends floor with it once. Eventually he broke out a filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Planks and logs. And oh my god chisel carpet. Covered a friends floor with it once. Eventually he broke out a filler

Hmm find that planks and logs break fast enough with the right tools. Just don't expect a pickaxe to be any good.

Another thing to add to the list:
Creepers in Gascraft gas pockets...

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Chisel supports carpets?

*logs back on*

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Can't remember if they were crafted from vanilla carpets or something else though. But please, save yourself some heartache and don't bother :p I found them all to be hideous

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm find that planks and logs break fast enough with the right tools. Just don't expect a pickaxe to be any good.

Another thing to add to the list:
Creepers in Gascraft gas pockets...

Bwahaha. Picturing that reminds me of a Splinter Cell mission

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Can't remember if they were crafted from vanilla carpets or something else though. But please, save yourself some heartache and don't bother :p I found them all to be hideous

8 wool around a string yields Chisel carpet. Did you actually place more than one block? The carpet has a border of one block so you have to place at least a 3x3 area to get the true effect. Most of them look pretty cool.

Reactions: Padfoote

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
8 wool around a string yields Chisel carpet. Did you actually place more than one block? The carpet has a border of one block so you have to place at least a 3x3 area to get the true effect. Most of them look pretty cool.

I gotta admit, I'm not overly keen on a lot of Chisel's stuff. It's just not by bag man. Mind you, I build monochrome bases made entirely from Force Bricks so my opinion isn't overly important :p

Reactions: RedBoss

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I gotta admit, I'm not overly keen on a lot of Chisel's stuff. It's just not by bag man. Mind you, I build monochrome bases made entirely from Force Bricks so my opinion isn't overly important :p
I actually really like those force bricks, and of I have had a lot of fun making buildings based on that aesthetic. I made a rainbow abattoir once mainly out of force bricks and coloured clear glass. There is a lot you can do with those bricks (and spawn resistance is an awesome feature too).

Reactions: CptSpike

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I actually really like those force bricks, and of I have had a lot of fun making buildings based on that aesthetic. I made a rainbow abattoir once mainly out of force bricks and coloured clear glass. There is a lot you can do with those bricks (and spawn resistance is an awesome feature too).

Spawn resistance is awesome especially considering how tricky it is to efficiently light large spaces