Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
Proof of concept using the monster pack:
Hopper Flower w/chest
Orechid Flower
Bore Spreader
Drawbridge
Transvector Dislocator

optional toggle to make sure drawbridge stays powered.
I don't recommend piping stone into the drawbridge without a way to specify the slot. It breaks the drawbridge when stone starts going into slot 1 apparently.

The drawbridge places stone, the orechid changes it, the dislocator swaps them. Thankfully the spreader keeps both its lense and its power. The hopper grabs everything that breaks.
When you swap them back the drawbridge immediately places stone again.

qw8Ib86.png

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Released a beta 15, this is a VERY important bugfix patch, please download it if you're on an old version.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
So i was using opis and the petal apothecary is the worst block in my world. It has 10.5 versus a furnace having a little less than 1. Is there anything you can do to fix this?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
So i was using opis and the petal apothecary is the worst block in my world. It has 10.5 versus a furnace having a little less than 1. Is there anything you can do to fix this?

That's... curious, I didn't expect that to be laggy in any way. I'll have a look I guess.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
they're azanor's particles, so of course they look good :p

i really wish there was a config option for the plants. particles on all of the things is distracting.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, uh, Vazkii? I think that the world generation for the flowers is a bit too high by default.
I wiped my configs for Botania to hopefully get ids perfect, lolnope.
This is what I found shortly after starting a new world.
i0RNcRC.png

Checked the configs and the defaults(or what I assume they are) are set to:

Code:
I:worldgen.flower.density=32
I:worldgen.flower.quantity=3

Somehow this seems off, y'know?

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, uh, Vazkii? I think that the world generation for the flowers is a bit too high by default.
i0RNcRC.png

Code:

Holy mother of polen...

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And would render binnies mods completely useless.. Oh no, how am i gonna get clay now without bees? D:
Water Vapor + dirt block with mek? Earth essence + water essence with Magical crops? Mutandis Extremis + dirt under water?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
i0RNcRC.png

Code:

I bumped mine down to 4 and 1 and it is just about right

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Water Vapor + dirt block with mek? Earth essence + water essence with Magical crops? Mutandis Extremis + dirt under water?

I do use the mekanism way (for start, but then i dont go out there and mine dirt and as i use digital miner i dont have a fuckton of dirt stored in barrels lying around), i dont like magical crops except for growing the food that has regen on it and havent use mutandis extremis but i asume i have to go and get the clay after i mutate it so.. Its a no :p I like the bees way of making clay because river bees are easy to get and I a ton of clay in my buildings so my bee farm gets it for me (And also that precious honey at 80% chance :p )

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
i0RNcRC.png

Code:

That's... odd. 3 and 32 were the values all along even before the update.
https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/commit/3ade0024de81b9dc4d0022b93ffee0d1f69eab89

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a total twat and typoed a thing, will have it fixed.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
That's... odd. 3 and 32 were the values all along even before the update.
https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/commit/3ade0024de81b9dc4d0022b93ffee0d1f69eab89

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a total twat and typoed a thing, will have it fixed.

Vazkii can I ask you to add something in particular? I've tried to make it myself but im not really good at coding and this is something that may go well with your mod in particular.. See, i would like it to be able to move water by other means other than a bucket, and i mean to move it physically.. You can always pump the water and move it in fluiducts and stuff but there is no way to get it to the world again (except taking it from a tank with a bucket which again.. id like to avoid) so.. If you could make someway to move source blocks in world i would be so damn happy.. In redpower there was a pump that was able to do this (and no other machine that i know of has done this so far) but maybe not a pump but some way of canals or something like that.. If its hard coded because of the limitless water then ill have to keep bucketing it up but.. If there is any chance that i could connect a canal or something to the side of a lake and slowly the water sources would go around the canal and line up by themselves at the end, i would really appreciate it. *Can use to produce mana too* or maybe a focus that absorbs water from where it points and spills it from the back? I dont know.. There could be aton of ways to do this :p

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii can I ask you to add something in particular? I've tried to make it myself but im not really good at coding and this is something that may go well with your mod in particular.. See, i would like it to be able to move water by other means other than a bucket, and i mean to move it physically.. You can always pump the water and move it in fluiducts and stuff but there is no way to get it to the world again (except taking it from a tank with a bucket which again.. id like to avoid) so.. If you could make someway to move source blocks in world i would be so damn happy.. In redpower there was a pump that was able to do this (and no other machine that i know of has done this so far) but maybe not a pump but some way of canals or something like that.. If its hard coded because of the limitless water then ill have to keep bucketing it up but.. If there is any chance that i could connect a canal or something to the side of a lake and slowly the water sources would go around the canal and line up by themselves at the end, i would really appreciate it. *Can use to produce mana too* or maybe a focus that absorbs water from where it points and spills it from the back? I dont know.. There could be aton of ways to do this :p

Buildcraft Floodgate.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Got a beta 16 out, to fix the config being borkened and giving insane amounts of flowers in new worlds, like @YX33A mentioned, also a small change to the lexica.

Reactions: Padfoote