Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019

That's, curious, I haven't been able to reproduce it so far, but I'll try with that exact setup.

So vazkii, a few compatibility issues and ideas. I have a large amount of mods with your mod and when I initially started I tried using harvestcraft seeds, which didn't work, so i tried pumpkin, also didn't work, finally only wheat seeds worked. Do you think you could make it so any seed can be used? Also, i have a few hydroangeas but have newer seen them suck up water from my infinite pool, do you think you could gie them some kind of slurping noise when the suck water so people can know that they're working? Also, I was wondering if we could get some kind of growth beam that acts like bonemeal sorta? What do you think? P.S. I LOVE this mod, its so easy to get started and it isn't too late game though I wish mana genned faster, I have 15 dayblooms and 2 hydroangeas and not even enough mana for a mana pearl. Anyway, GREAT MOD!

Use Endoflames, those flowers are really slow. Currently they use all seeds, but it's on the todo list to add support for mod seeds. And no sounds on flowers, sounds get annoying pretty fast. When it comes to growth flowers, I have some similar to the lamp of growth from TC in mind.

I've got a question about the new mana tablets. Do they follow despawn rules?

Currently they do, I never actually thought of making them not. I'll do it next patch, thanks for the idea.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak peek for the night.
7rT4u.png

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
I played with the Orechid version on git for a bit. It eats a lot of power but the range is good. Something like a 4 block radius. Automating it is going to be interesting.

Harvesting all those ores in an efficient way is going to be fun. While I'd love to use the bore lense I still think you need some crazy laser array to make it work. I'd do it if I didn't have other options though. :D

I really only harp on the bore lense because it's the most utility oriented. I haven't seen a situation where I'd need the others.

I really like the aesthetics and concepts in mod. Good work overall.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This cannot have 69 replies...Botania is definitely going to go into some kind of playthrough...I have been doing Bevo's Tech Pack but may rip out GregTech and add in this and Totemic(notice something in that thread XD)

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Just updated the mod to beta 12, with a large changelog, new feature set and tweaks or changes, you'd be wise to go and grab it :D
The orechid produces a variety of ores from an assortment of mods. Could you make it produce TE ores if TE is installed? Audio or produces in 10x10 square so the orechid isn't directly on the middle. Could you make it either 11x11 or 9x9?

Dark Of The Moon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you are taking ideas or not, but I will put this here anyway. If it does not go with what you wish to do with this mod, feel free to completely ignore this post. I think that it would be cool if certain plants "sensed" when you break/harvest/whatever nearby plants and then moved away from you(or attacked if you wanted them to). Again, just an idea, you don't have to listen to me for any reason.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you are taking ideas or not, but I will put this here anyway. If it does not go with what you wish to do with this mod, feel free to completely ignore this post. I think that it would be cool if certain plants "sensed" when you break/harvest/whatever nearby plants and then moved away from you(or attacked if you wanted them to). Again, just an idea, you don't have to listen to me for any reason.
What purpose would this serve? It sounds sorta interesting(kind of like Ents from Witchery), but Ents have a very important purpose, they are the only source of Ent Twigs.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Released a small beta 13 build, just a thing or two I wanted to do for beta 12 that I forgot.