Request Suggest mods for creation here

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
*sigh* I mean that you can bind a GUI to a block so say right click on a lapis block front and you open the furnace gui but the top opens a crafting GUI
That means that all lapis blocks would have to be tile entities. It would work for the crafting gui because creating benches aren't tile entities

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
hmm good point...

it would be cool though to click a piece of your wall and open up a nuclear reactor GUI!

I know this would be INCREDIBLY hard to code but it would be epic.

Laamapalmu

Jul 29, 2019
Let's make whole new Nuclear Reactors. I've made a suggestion on Industrial Craft2 forum, they didn't accept it which is bad because they made reactors even more expensive. Control Rods would be nice so Nuclear Power isn't so expensive when Solar is almost free.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Let's make whole new Nuclear Reactors. I've made a suggestion on Industrial Craft2 forum, they didn't accept it which is bad because they made reactors even more expensive. Control Rods would be nice so Nuclear Power isn't so expensive when Solar is almost free.
Sounds like you might want ReactorCraft, from Reika. Have you looked at it?

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
I missed the boat on frameships. I thought ProjectRed might have something similar to RedPower's frames but it doesn't.

I suggest a mod that allows movement of other blocks and entire "frames" (connected blocks of a specific type). You can make some really, really cool things with it and results in good design projects if you want to get automation. I like it because it gets away from the linear "okay now you have this now make this" mindset and more towards the "how creative are you to make a good design".

Edit: Nvm I think I found a good replacement!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1852349-truss-mod-rp2-style-frames/

Perhaps not as pretty but it looks just as functional.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
or BigReactors ;)

Might want to add
I missed the boat on frameships. I thought ProjectRed might have something similar to RedPower's frames but it doesn't.

I suggest a mod that allows movement of other blocks and entire "frames" (connected blocks of a specific type). You can make some really, really cool things with it and results in good design projects if you want to get automation. I like it because it gets away from the linear "okay now you have this now make this" mindset and more towards the "how creative are you to make a good design".

Edit: Nvm I think I found a good replacement!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1852349-truss-mod-rp2-style-frames/

Perhaps not as pretty but it looks just as functional.

That mods still listed as work in progress.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Frames ... I just imagine the horrendousness of self propelled machinery like that. I mean, you just can't do that in vanilla ...

And I saw what Direwolf was able to do with them...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Frames ... I just imagine the horrendousness of self propelled machinery like that. I mean, you just can't do that in vanilla ...

Actually you can now a days. Using command blocks.

willis936

Jul 29, 2019

You can just make such cool machines! 2.5 million blocks an hour? That dwarfs the scale of any project I've ever done.

Also command blocks seem impractical to build with. Plus they're op only unless I'm mistaken.

Edit:

Apparently there is a mod that accomplishes this called Redstone in Motion but judging from google searches we won't be seeing it any FTB packs...

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~Also command blocks seem impractical to build with. Plus they're op only unless I'm mistaken.~
For something intended for adventure map makers, only can be obtained via creative mode(without NEI or the like, or just the /give command), and is only able to be programed by server operators, they are kind of underpowered. I mean, I've seen CC addons with blocks that do everything it can do, but better, and easier. Heck, I've even seen a CC addon that allows you to CONTROL command blocks with a computer. That addon by the way? It's now a part of CC itself IIRC.

EDIT: Oh right, uh, a addon for Forestry that allows you to "purify" ignoble bees. Hopefully an addon for Gendustry, or a part of Gendustry(by that I mean I am suggesting it there as well), but regardless, I wish for a way to take these "useless" bees and make them "normal".

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

You can just make such cool machines! 2.5 million blocks an hour? That dwarfs the scale of any project I've ever done.

Also command blocks seem impractical to build with. Plus they're op only unless I'm mistaken.

Edit:

Apparently there is a mod that accomplishes this called Redstone in Motion but judging from google searches we won't be seeing it any FTB packs...

There's the truss mod to. But it's still listed as WIP and I believe that it's FTB's policy is not to include mods listed as such.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1852349-truss-mod-rp2-style-frames/[DOUBLEPOST=1392506442][/DOUBLEPOST]
For something intended for adventure map makers, only can be obtained via creative mode(without NEI or the like, or just the /give command), and is only able to be programed by server operators, they are kind of underpowered.

No no. Op as in operator not over powered. As in you have to be admen to access them.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
We need a mod that adds IC2's crops system, like its breeding system, etc., but being able to have it without the rest of IC2's stuff. It's one of the only remaining things that are unique about IC2, but it doesn't even fit that well with the rest of IC2, and it could be done so much better if it was standalone. I want to have its crops without the rest of the mod being there.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
We need a mod that adds IC2's crops system, like its breeding system, etc., but being able to have it without the rest of IC2's stuff. It's one of the only remaining things that are unique about IC2, but it doesn't even fit that well with the rest of IC2, and it could be done so much better if it was standalone. I want to have its crops without the rest of the mod being there.

You might want to suggest this to the guys who do forestry. They already do bees and trees. Crops might be the next logical step.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to suggest this to the guys who do forestry. They already do bees and trees. Crops might be the next logical step.
Yeah, maybe. I just love the whole crop breeding system and all that, but there's too much fluff in IC2 to justify installing it for the crop content alone...

On that note, how should I contact them?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~Snip~No no. Op as in operator not over powered. As in you have to be admen to access them.
Ah, missed the world ONLY in there. My point stands, though, they are kind of weak compared to what modders can make.

You have to have access to the commands to use it. So unless you can /time set 0 or whatnot, you can't use them. Not the same as being an Admin. I should know, I have OP on a server and that's just so I can switch in and out of creative mode for building stuff. No one asks me for help, nor do they ask me to set it to day, and they sure as hell don't ask me to help track down who stole their diamonds.(most of those I can do, but I need access to the server console to actually check that last one, plus the result would be recovered diamonds and a lost house due to a TNT/Lava "freak accident")

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, maybe. I just love the whole crop breeding system and all that, but there's too much fluff in IC2 to justify installing it for the crop content alone...

On that note, how should I contact them?

Forstry was created by sengir so he might be the best one to talk to.
You can try his twitter.
https://twitter.com/SirSengir
The Foristry forums.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/700588-forestry-for-minecraft-trees-bees-and-more/
Though you might be most likely be able to contact him via IRC.
http://webchat.esper.net/?nick=ForestryWiki...&channels=forestry&prompt=1

On a side note while there is no crop breeding Pams harvest craft has a lot of cops and a huge array of food stuffs you can make with it. And even Magical crops has a lot of that to. Though with M crops most of the mod is about growing ores and stuff like that and who would whant to do that. :D

DriftingSoul

Jul 29, 2019
What ever happened to this mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/118231-v166-minecolony-v05-simple-economy-fixes/

I loved the premise of Minecolony and it seemed to have good support. After a while it just kinda.....died as far as I can tell. Is there anything out there similar to this? If not I wish someone would either pick it up and update it or go from scratch with the same idea. I had alot of fun with it and had high hopes for it long ago.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that adds in-depth, fun, detailed, useful compatibility between Thaumcraft and Buildcraft (and related mods). For example logistics pipes usable with crucibles and other devices, a Thaumic Engine which slowly drains vis to generate MJ, and other technomagical constructs.

( I know this has been done before but it was never added to FTB due to it being such a small mod. I wish someone with more modding experience would try this. Please?)

(Btw I have no disrespect for the modder who attempted to do this but I feel that tiny mod didn't do these two wonderful big ones justice.)

ACleverNameWasHere

Jul 29, 2019
Please make something, anything with Clay Soldiers mod. I tried to get it for my minecraft but MinecraftForge just complicated everything, and now i cant get it for minecraft. So please make a modpack that includes Clay Soldiers mod!