I've never been scared.....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
In Minecraft before. I've been playing for about three years, modded for about two.

I was playing on Horizons for the first time the other night and one of the creatures in Farlanders scared me so bad I had to quit for a bit. It was the "Fanmade Enderman" and the noise - oi.

Has anything ever scared or freaked you out?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
First couple of times meeting mobs wearing exact identical gear to what I was wearing:

yxUHwqE.png

Was a bit afraid that the armour effect actually worked on them, think of mobs in full quantum... Luckily it is only aesthetically :p
Although I did once get a perfect copy of my Quantum helmet drop from a skeleton :p Right down to the same enchants etc.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
In Minecraft before. I've been playing for about three years, modded for about two.

I was playing on Horizons for the first time the other night and one of the creatures in Farlanders scared me so bad I had to quit for a bit. It was the "Fanmade Enderman" and the noise - oi.

you should try out MagicFarm 2 if you truly want to experience the true feeling of fear in Minecraft.
Blood 'n Bones is also coming along quite well for a modpack to be feared

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019

Every time you go caving, you're guaranteed a fright!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, if you're in the Underdark or failed to light it up. Failing that, Situational Awareness is your friend.

I recently changed my own pack to be more like Magic Farm 2. By which I mean I added Pam's Harvest Craft and Hunger Overhaul. It's the important bits from it IMO.
Igqauna Tweaks?

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen a creeper jockey. It wasn't that I was afraid of dying -that doesn't scare me. The noise that it makes is really, really creepy. I was mining away and I hear this really creepy whispering. I start to glance around and I take damage, though I can't see anything. The whispering intensifies and I can't see any mob at all.

The whispers......

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Igqauna Tweaks?
Nah, I need ALL the tool recipes for things, and his mods tend to not be as configurable as I'd like. I'd be fine using Iguana's TiC Tweaks if I could still craft all my vanilla tools. Not like I don't need them for things in OTHER mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1392608230][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty much what I thought. Deadly world, Iguana Tweaks, Pam's Harvestcraft, and Hunger Overhaul are the ones that define it for me.
Sorry, deadly world? I may have missed something in Magic Farm 2 that was worth checking out, one sec.

Oh. Uh, was that the one with all those cool traps spawning? By the guy who made Special Mobs, Lava Monsters, Utility Mobs, and a couple others? If so, YOINK!

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain. (I had to disable those endermen, they were so crazy)

I was growing some Rowran trees (from Witchery mod in Magic world 2) and some other trees from that mod, cutting them down, and I heard a couple of *bing* noises. I'm like "eh no big deal, I must have learned/leveled or something.

I look back down (from looking up cutting trees), and I see:

ent.png

Running, at me. Like not slow, freaking ran in my face. I switched to my air sigil (blood magic) and just right clicked like 50 times.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Uh, was that the one with all those cool traps spawning? By the guy who made Special Mobs, Lava Monsters, Utility Mobs, and a couple others? If so, YOINK!
Yeah, Father Toast is seriously awesome. He doesn't do the big fancy tech or magic mods, but in my opinion, his mods make an even bigger impact on the world.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain. (I had to disable those endermen, they were so crazy)

I was growing some Rowran trees (from Witchery mod in Magic world 2) and some other trees from that mod, cutting them down, and I heard a couple of *bing* noises. I'm like "eh no big deal, I must have learned/leveled or something.

I look back down (from looking up cutting trees), and I see:

ent.png

Running, at me. Like not slow, freaking ran in my face. I switched to my air sigil (blood magic) and just right clicked like 50 times.
Why didn't you axe that ent a question first?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That time where my favorite internet radio was playing a piece of music a lot that used a piece of sound a lot that sounded an AWFUL lot like a creeper "PSSSSSSSTT"

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There's a 1.5.2 mod (Primitive Mobs) that introduced Festive Creepers. These lovely little guys just love to kite you throwing TNT around. If you don't deal with them correctly, you'll have a lovely large hole where your base was.
Combine that with Zombie Awareness, and you'll be in for a treat.

We miss them on our 1.6.4 server.