I've never been scared.....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Back when they first added the hats mod to FTB I had no idea what most of the hats looked like. The first thing that scared me was a ghast size magma slime hat (I think it was anyway). The second was being sleep deprived and looking out into the ocean to see a floating creeper hat on a squid. In my mind at the time I couldn't grasp how in the world a creeper was standing on top of the water.

Reactions: AndreMaartens

micka190

Jul 29, 2019
In Minecraft before. I've been playing for about three years, modded for about two.

I was playing on Horizons for the first time the other night and one of the creatures in Farlanders scared me so bad I had to quit for a bit. It was the "Fanmade Enderman" and the noise - oi.

Has anything ever scared or freaked you out?

At first the Fanmade were really scary, after a while they just become annoying. :/
In our server they just teleport to you, completely aggressive without you remotely looking at them. I was in a cave, near lava and suddenly 4 of them teleport to me out of nowhere (they weren't in the cave before) and pushed me in the lava. We're considering removing them from the server to be honest, simply because of how annoying they've gotten. They should either make it so they don't become aggressive unless looked at or they need to change their attack method (for those wondering: they teleport about 4 times in rapid succession around you and hit you for about 2-2.5 hearts).

Other than the Fanmade I guess the Taintacle, the Taint spider sack thing and the new Heatscar spider that drops baby spiders on death. They're just all so creepy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndreMaartens

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen a creeper jockey. It wasn't that I was afraid of dying -that doesn't scare me. The noise that it makes is really, really creepy. I was mining away and I hear this really creepy whispering. I start to glance around and I take damage, though I can't see anything. The whispering intensifies and I can't see any mob at all.

The whispers......
phantom mob ars magica bboom bob bing nailed it

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Don't stare into the gloom.
2013-12-02_185955_zpsf898be9d.png

13MovingOn

Jul 29, 2019
In all honesty though (this is really hard to say) when I first started playing minecraft (In 1.4) I was scared of creepers believe it or not

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't already, you should go and watch SlipG8tr from Hermitcraft and watch his reaction as he goes into the nether
XD nearly crapped myself from laughing
Here is the video

Correction: slpg8r[DOUBLEPOST=1392794151][/DOUBLEPOST]
In all honesty though (this is really hard to say) when I first started playing minecraft (In 1.4) I was scared of creepers believe it or not

...Everyone's scared of creepers...
*Sees a creeper* *screams and hugs it*

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't already, you should go and watch SlipG8tr from Hermitcraft and watch his reaction as he goes into the nether
XD nearly crapped myself from laughing
Here is the video

I should actually broaden my interests because I've only ever watched Guys like DMAC and Sl1p.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
You guys reminded me - I'm scared of heights IRL and when I first started playing MC, that translated over. Once I found myself in a ravine, having a near panic attack.

I'm so glad I got over that. Mostly.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, I need ALL the tool recipes for things, and his mods tend to not be as configurable as I'd like. I'd be fine using Iguana's TiC Tweaks if I could still craft all my vanilla tools. Not like I don't need them for things in OTHER mods.

I'm on my phone at work so I can't look it up but check the first episode of Martysgames's current YouTube lp (New World?). He made (I think) and linked a little mod that allows you to make vanilla tools (for crafting recipes) that don't actually work for harvesting. I think the mod may be called Broken Tools.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I don't usually scare in Minecraft or FTB. First time playing on the newly released Horizons pack, I had a little bunker and underground farm right next to a tainted biome. Tainticles, tainted chickens and pigs, taint swarms - no problem. It's not until I'm harvesting some of my crops - mostly Pam's, but one of them was Witchery - a ginger root I think, and after I harvested it, this little plant-demon thing popped up and started running around, scared the crap out of me. Pretty sure I annihilated half of my farm just trying to subdue the darn thing. I got my ginger harvested, put it in a special chest, and never touched another witchery crop ever again.