I've never been scared.....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't usually scare in Minecraft or FTB. First time playing on the newly released Horizons pack, I had a little bunker and underground farm right next to a tainted biome. Tainticles, tainted chickens and pigs, taint swarms - no problem. It's not until I'm harvesting some of my crops - mostly Pam's, but one of them was Witchery - a ginger root I think, and after I harvested it, this little plant-demon thing popped up and started running around, scared the crap out of me. Pretty sure I annihilated half of my farm just trying to subdue the darn thing. I got my ginger harvested, put it in a special chest, and never touched another witchery crop ever again.
It's a mandrake root, and yeah. Farm those away from your main farmland.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Can those mandrake plants be harvested by RotaryCraft's Fans or MFR's Harvesters?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Was a bit afraid that the armour effect actually worked on them, think of mobs in full quantum... Luckily it is only aesthetically :p
Although I did once get a perfect copy of my Quantum helmet drop from a skeleton :p Right down to the same enchants etc.

I had almost the same thing happen, but it was on a co-op world with my brother. In like 20 minutes, he had power armor and a tinkers' construct sword, and a skelly spawned with his gear. Unfortunately, I hadn't even bothered making armor yet. The amount of "Nope" was very high.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Was a bit afraid that the armour effect actually worked on them, think of mobs in full quantum... Luckily it is only aesthetically :p
Although I did once get a perfect copy of my Quantum helmet drop from a skeleton :p Right down to the same enchants etc.
Wait, are you sure that it's only aesthetically? A zombie once spawned into my MPS armor and was running around at full speed like crazy and it definitely took me more time than usual to take a zombie down. I'm pretty sure it's not just aesthetics.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Wait, are you sure that it's only aesthetically? A zombie once spawned into my MPS armor and was running around at full speed like crazy and it definitely took me more time than usual to take a zombie down. I'm pretty sure it's not just aesthetics.
Well could be some effect work for the mobs. But the 100% damage reduction didn't work the for mobs I met. They fell pretty fast under my sword.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it doesn't keep some of the data - such as the charge. Since quantum armor is pretty useless without a charge, might explain things.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe it doesn't keep some of the data - such as the charge. Since quantum armor is pretty useless without a charge, might explain things.
Might be something like that, but the couple times when I have had it drop a clone of one of my quantum bits, it did contain power. So think its more a matter of some of the special effects only programmed to work on players. Might even be intentional so that a zombie or skelly that picks up your armour after you died of something doesn't become invulnerable.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
First night of playing minecraft. Thought to myself, I don't need to research how to play this game.... Didn't survive the night, running in fear from everything. Found a nice series that goes over everything...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Endermen freaked me out when I first started playing this game. The sound and sight of them truly creeped me out to no end.
This so much. I've gotten over it but when they were first introduced endermen just freaked me out. It didn't help that they could just waltz up and tear down parts of my base. And the screams. And the way they look. And the fact that at the time all I had was my laptop which is getting on in years and you could never be sure where exactly they were. I may or may not have flooded the world a couple of times just to make them go away.

Overloaded_Wolf

Jul 29, 2019
You do not know true fear until you play with the Infernal Mobs mod. The abilities the mobs have will make you shit CINDER BLOCKS. Literally left my early game house to face an invisible fireball throwing life sapping poisoning zombie. Survived with half a heart and got a diamond out of it. Also has like x5 the heath usual mobs have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You do not know true fear until you play with the Infernal Mobs mod. The abilities the mobs have will make you shit CINDER BLOCKS. Literally left my early game house to face an invisible fireball throwing life sapping poisoning zombie. Survived with half a heart and got a diamond out of it. Also has like x5 the heath usual mobs have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can handle it all, except sticky.
My goodness is that one annoying.

Reactions: PierceSG and YX33A