Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Rainbow Saplings in UHC mode...

I hadn't really bothered with them before, but I just chopped one down while clearing space for a storage building. In addition to more than a stack of each color dye I got 10 more saplings, a stack +14 normal apples, 16 golden apples and one NOTCH apple.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

I hadn't really bothered with them before, but I just chopped one down while clearing space for a storage building. In addition to more than a stack of each color dye I got 10 more saplings, a stack +14 normal apples, 16 golden apples and one NOTCH apple.

If you get one of those rainbow dye trees in monster, you can't chop it down with an axe of stream or you'll lag the hell out of yourself. Too many items on the screen. You'll end up with stacks of each color. :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

What do you mean noth apple?

Maverwinn

Jul 29, 2019
A notch apple is a tier 2/enhanced golden apple that is made with gold blocks instead of ingots. It gives you significantly better enchants and regen. It's called a notch apple because it is reminiscent of the original golden apple which could only be obtained by killing notch.

Well, in vanilla anyway. I have no idea if any mods actually add "notch apples".

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I always call Notch apples Awesomeapples, because awesome.
A notch apple is a tier 2/enhanced golden apple that is made with gold blocks instead of ingots. It gives you significantly better enchants and regen. It's called a notch apple because it is reminiscent of the original golden apple which could only be obtained by killing notch.

Well, in vanilla anyway. I have no idea if any mods actually add "notch apples".
Ah. I always said Tier2 gold apples and enchanted apples

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The portal leads to the Promised Land dimension. It's purpose is, well I don't know. I've only been once and it was overrun with Ars2 mobs.
Open blocks has a config to disable mobs if you want to be rid of them... Also AM2 has a config for it too

Reactions: RedBoss

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, Rotarycraft extractor plus Mekanism combiner creates a net positive for lapis and redstone. The extractor requires a bit of infrastructure but I am fairly sure that you can create a no input power system for it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Plugins for forestry barrels, filled with fluid. Make more and Shift-Click them. They'll stack up with the filled barrels, duplicating liquids, 10 buckets at a time.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure I'm not the only one who's noticed but in blood magic witches + well of suffering = infinite LP. I have a t4 altar autocrafting the t2 slates (the ones used in ritual stones) and it never empties with only a handful of witches.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure I'm not the only one who's noticed but in blood magic witches + well of suffering = infinite LP. I have a t4 altar autocrafting the t2 slates (the ones used in ritual stones) and it never empties with only a handful of witches.
I knew they would be more useful than a source of redstone, glowstone and gunpowder...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Fortune + auto-smelting lumber axe + natura redwood tree = charcoal forever.
Not totally true, the Lumber Axe has a cutoff at 30 blocks without leaves. If your tree is less then 31 blocks tall and has leaf blocks on it like a normal tree, then enjoy your charcoal rain.

As a secondary note, Reika's Dye Trees has a type of tree called a Rainbow Tree, that is less then 31 blocks tall, and is made only of oak wood, but has a good sapling drop rate, okay apple drop rate, godly dye drop rate, occasionally drops golden apples, and rarely drops enchanted golden apples. One Rainbow tree averages me a full stack of every type of dye, two stacks of oak logs, 16 or so apples, 5 golden apples, and 1 or two enchanted golden apples.