Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a few of these "dumb tricks for X mod" threads, but I really just want to see if there are any ridiculous/overpowered tricks that won't crash your game.

Two ones I recently found were playing with MFR Safari nets.

You can make one turret, capture it, and spawn an unlimited supply.

Also found that you can trap a link book (thrown on the ground) and carry it around in a ball. (not really overpowered, but funny nonetheless)

Any others I should know about? :D

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Mimicry's dust lets you double almost any smelting recipe.

Theoretically, this works even for things like ME processor chips. Haven't tested on them, but I know it at least lets you get quadruple ore ouput steadily by grinding them into dust and then crafting with mimichite.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Mimicry's dust lets you double almost any smelting recipe.

Theoretically, this works even for things like ME processor chips. Haven't tested on them, but I know it at least lets you get quadruple ore ouput steadily by grinding them into dust and then crafting with mimichite.
It works with Nether Ores to turn 1 nether ore into 4 normal ones.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
...which can then be macerated for 8 dusts.

No, this isn't overpowered at all, 8 ingots from one ore...
Macerating? Pah, you need to get into RotaryCraft and use the Extractor. It chews through power and is a tricky mod to get into, but on *average* you get 5x returns on ores. I actually have excess Certus quartz without any auto mining.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Lovely mod interaction:

Geostrata regen/saturation crystals on either side of a Blood Magic blood altar. Surround the altar with self sacrifice runes and fly through Blood Magic in no time.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well... I haven't tried it out, but is it possible to capture Thaumcraft golems in safari nets? if so just build one very awesome golem, capture it, set the MFR spawner to spawn exact copies and voila, an army of golems

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
well... I haven't tried it out, but is it possible to capture Thaumcraft golems in safari nets? if so just build one very awesome golem, capture it, set the MFR spawner to spawn exact copies and voila, an army of golems

ROFL! I just tried with Open Block's Luggage and it totally works. Now I have a bunch of luggage, unfortunately it didn't take the "charged" property from the main one, but I bet it would have if I made exact copy.

I'll be trying the golems when I get into thaumcraft more.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no.. Duplication bug.. that escalated quickly.. You can spawn exact copy of luggage with items in it... and it will make them with items in it.. I don't even know where someone would report that since it's not really a bug, just 2 mods working as intended.

Reported it to modpack team.. but I can't see how it can be fixed without disabling something. :p

Reactions: Poiasdope

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What, after all this time people are still surprised about cross-mod exploits in MFR? :D Makes me want to post that "you must be new here" meme, but it's kinda condescending and that's not what I want to express.

The trouble with MFR is that the author isn't interested in what happens if you run it with other mods. Incompatibilities and crashes get fixed, but as far as ideas of cross-mod balance go, every player's on their own. Dupes and safari net cheese (and dozens of other issues) have existed as long as the mod has existed and they will never get fixed.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

Haha.. I am kind of new here, even though I've been around for a while. Just haven't ever tried exploiting the cross-mod system. I play single-player, so if I really wanted to cheat, I'd just play creative. :p

you-must-be-new-here.jpg

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What, after all this time people are still surprised about cross-mod exploits in MFR? :D Makes me want to post that "you must be new here" meme, but it's kinda condescending and that's not what I want to express.

The trouble with MFR is that the author isn't interested in what happens if you run it with other mods. Incompatibilities and crashes get fixed, but as far as ideas of cross-mod balance go, every player's on their own. Dupes and safari net cheese (and dozens of other issues) have existed as long as the mod has existed and they will never get fixed.

not.... completely true. they give you the option to configurate which entities are on the blacklist so they can't be catched by a safari net.
now if players decide not to use that blacklist... then the fault is at the players side and not the mod developer

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
pickup tc nodes with force wrench.
grow crops in 50~ seconds with autonomous(?!)activator and watering can.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
grow crops in 50~ seconds with autonomous(?!)activator and watering can.

Why didn't I think of this?! For added hilarity, watering can works on Magical Crops plants. I'm envisioning a huge field with many Autonomous Activators and Watering Cans spraying the lot of it now.

Last edited:

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Why did I think of this?! For added hilarity, watering can works on Magical Crops plants. I'm envisioning a huge field with many Autonomous Activators and Watering Cans spraying the lot of it now.
I grow coal , lapis and redstone that way.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Why didn't I think of this?! For added hilarity, watering can works on Magical Crops plants. I'm envisioning a huge field with many Autonomous Activators and Watering Cans spraying the lot of it now.
OpenBlocks Sprinklers (and Reliquary's lily pad) also work with watering cans. The effect is cumulative. I made a 3x3 tree farm with those 3 working and was generating 650+ saplings every hour (and several thousand wood).

343N

Jul 29, 2019
Does the effect of multiple autonomous accumulators with watering cans stack?