Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Still going to echo few of the posters here, why not just make it not burn?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
No one would burn it anyways if it wasn't exploitable like it is now.

Well, maybe I'd burn all the leftover ones after the update, but that's basically it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm for making scaffolds unburnable. I really like to use them, but if I'd only get 4 scaffolds per crafting, I wouldn't bother with them anymore.
scaffolds are nice for a quick and easy base, or if you need to reach a high place and don't feel like cobbling up and down the whole time, or if you need to quickly escape from mobs at night. just pillar up and wait for the night to end, then just drop down, break the lowest scaffold, gather the dropped scaffolds and you're ready to go again. really helpful for early game, for when you don't have enough food yet to break many blocks 1 by 1

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
By the way to everyone who just discovered the autonomous activator and watering can trick, the nerfhammer is comming down on that soon.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
By the way to everyone who just discovered the autonomous activator and watering can trick, the nerfhammer is comming down on that soon.

already noted in the "what's new in modded world today" topic
it's sad to see it go, but completely understandable. heck, I've even nerf it further and put a durability usage on the watering can, and when the durability runs out you need to refill the can.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Ya that's where I saw the first mention. But seeing how far people have been going with it here I thought it might be relevant to bring up. And wasn't it supposed to empty itself of water at some point? I thought I read that in a description somewhere.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
You seen to have some source. How far does the nerf go? Does it only really apply to watering cans or will it affect other things which are supposed to be done manual aswell?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You seen to have some source. How far does the nerf go? Does it only really apply to watering cans or will it affect other things which are supposed to be done manual aswell?

RWTema said:
Oh dear, I've upset r/forgecraft with news that the watering should not be usable by fake players. Sorry but the nerf hammer is coming down.

Taken from Yusunoha's thread over here.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using cursed earth farms with MFR grinders for mob goo. The mob goo supplies my auto enchanter & anvil. All my cool books get stripped with the auto disenchanter. I then take the good books, especially from Mariculture, and make copies using Bibliocraft's press system. I only make 2 copies of the books since the *plate* used to make copies has durability and is destroyed after 3 uses. I take the plates and repair them with an Ars2 Arcane Reconstructor. This gives me unlimited enchanted books.

I also run all of my thaumcraft ink & quills through the reconstructor. I'm not interested in farming squid for ink and TC4 research is so tedious that I feel compelled to use any advantage.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using cursed earth farms with MFR grinders for mob goo. The mob goo supplies my auto enchanter & anvil. All my cool books get stripped with the auto disenchanter. I then take the good books, especially from Mariculture, and make copies using Bibliocraft's press system. I only make 2 copies of the books since the *plate* used to make copies has durability and is destroyed after 3 uses. I take the plates and repair them with an Ars2 Arcane Reconstructor. This gives me unlimited enchanted books.

I also run all of my thaumcraft ink & quills through the reconstructor. I'm not interested in farming squid for ink and TC4 research is so tedious that I feel compelled to use any advantage.

I did not know that the plates had damage values...I am going to have to see if the thaumcraft/thaumic tinkerer repair thingie works on them (don't have AM at the moment)

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know that the plates had damage values...I am going to have to see if the thaumcraft/thaumic tinkerer repair thingie works on them (don't have AM at the moment)
Try it out and let us know. I'm too burned out with TC4 to even test it in creative mode.

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I discovered that a block of silver wood leaves produces a stack of rotary craft sludge. Not sure if that intentional or not since those leaves are not really renewable

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I discovered that a block of silver wood leaves produces a stack of rotary craft sludge. Not sure if that intentional or not since those leaves are not really renewable
This sounds like and ID conflict to me, unless you were processing the leaf block in some machine?

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like and ID conflict to me, unless you were processing the leaf block in some machine?
He just posted about the fermenter values a few days ago: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ization-and-more/page__st__3420#entry28307078
I don't know what version Dr. Doomadore is using, but considering the speed at which Reika updates things and people asking him to add cross mod support, I wouldn't be surprised if that's an intentional feature. Ethanol production isn't too tough to get running even early game, so it's not really that OP considering any other method would be easier (and likely automated), but not as quick.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Try it out and let us know. I'm too burned out with TC4 to even test it in creative mode.
The thaumic restorer, while being a slightly counterintuitive block(to me), does repair the enchanted plates from Bibliocraft. I was unable to test the scribing tools since I used a cheat sheet in my world, but it looks like it should work fine, the restorer accepts it like it did the plate. As a note the restorer did not consume any essentia that I noticed, although there was not much damage, and it is possible it used some other essentia I was not watching (thaumcraft room is a slight mess) Found it.

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I use is a terrain smasher next to the air block above my TC4 crucible. I don't have to be so precise with aspects because any taint/flux (whatever the purple goo is called) is automatically broken by the smasher. It could also be used above your infusion altar but that seems aesthetically distasteful to me ;)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I use is a terrain smasher next to the air block above my TC4 crucible. I don't have to be so precise with aspects because any taint/flux (whatever the purple goo is called) is automatically broken by the smasher. It could also be used above your infusion altar but that seems aesthetically distasteful to me ;)

Holy crap.... thats genius.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to go do that on aperture scien-
Nevermind. I forgot world reset. And im not far enough into horizons for that to be useful DX

Reactions: RedBoss

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You can also pipe water directly into the crucible. I think that's fairly well known but I'll drop that tip here anyway. I use a reservoir since I dislike holes in my floor for infinite springs.
I thought crucibles no longer needed refilling...