Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Not totally true, the Lumber Axe has a cutoff at 30 blocks without leaves. If your tree is less then 31 blocks tall and has leaf blocks on it like a normal tree, then enjoy your charcoal rain.

As a secondary note, Reika's Dye Trees has a type of tree called a Rainbow Tree, that is less then 31 blocks tall, and is made only of oak wood, but has a good sapling drop rate, okay apple drop rate, godly dye drop rate, occasionally drops golden apples, and rarely drops enchanted golden apples. One Rainbow tree averages me a full stack of every type of dye, two stacks of oak logs, 16 or so apples, 5 golden apples, and 1 or two enchanted golden apples.

My god... can it be farmed?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My god... can it be farmed?
It's the only dye tree that isn't prone to growing any type of wood and in various shapes. Not to mention RotaryCraft does them all fine anyway.
So yes, it can be farmed. You mean automatically, right?

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
Not totally true, the Lumber Axe has a cutoff at 30 blocks without leaves. If your tree is less then 31 blocks tall and has leaf blocks on it like a normal tree, then enjoy your charcoal rain.

As a secondary note, Reika's Dye Trees has a type of tree called a Rainbow Tree, that is less then 31 blocks tall, and is made only of oak wood, but has a good sapling drop rate, okay apple drop rate, godly dye drop rate, occasionally drops golden apples, and rarely drops enchanted golden apples. One Rainbow tree averages me a full stack of every type of dye, two stacks of oak logs, 16 or so apples, 5 golden apples, and 1 or two enchanted golden apples.
Oh is that the tree that drops Notch apples?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Open blocks has a config to disable mobs if you want to be rid of them... Also AM2 has a config for it too

They don't disable. The mod author has stated that the config will only lessen the mobs spawning, it wont out right disable them even if set to 0, because hw don't want people turning off mobs he worked hard on...
I think he was at last convinced to allow them to be disabled however, that may be coming with the 1.7 version... so that leaves us out of luck. I had to just flat out disable the mod because the elementals lagged me and got sick of being one/two shotted by its ghost mob reguardless of armor worn.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Keep in mind that rainbow trees do punch a hole in the terrain where they're grown. I think it's 4*4 on the top layer of dirt, then two 2*2 layers beneath that. If you want to farm them completely automatically, you'll need to come up with a way to replace some of the soil the tree destroyed for each replanting. I imagine the whole process would most easily be accomplished with a turtle for replacing the dirt and replanting the sapling, or perhaps a couple of your choice of block deployers, and perhaps an MFR or Rotarycraft machine to harvest the tree itself.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Since they grow down through the terrain...has anyone tested if you can punch a hole through the bedrock like the dark oaks can?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Not too OP, but it turns out that MFR Harvesters can cut trees downwards. A single Natura bloodwood sapling grows into a large 2x2 tree, but downwards. Using Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activator, pointed down, to plant the saplings onto a soulsand block you can get an easy method of unlimited redstone. Just make sure the soulsand is more than twenty blocks up and nothing is around the bottom of the tree. The leaves WILL destroy some things when the tree grows.

It's interesting watching the leaves get removed from the top down

Reactions: Padfoote

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Since they grow down through the terrain...has anyone tested if you can punch a hole through the bedrock like the dark oaks can?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hadn't gotten a response to this by the time I got home, so I decided to test it out myself. Opened up a creative world, went to the Nether, and broke into the bedrock above the Nether. I laid down a layer of dirt, planted 4 rainbow saplings in a 2x2 formation, applied some bonemeal...and sure enough, it punched a clean 2x2x2 hole in the bedrock directly below where I'd planted the saplings. It works much better (and more predictably) than the new dark oak saplings.

On a semi-related note, while I was up there I found a BOP gravestone that had also spawned through the bedrock. I don't know what the point of them is, but from the looks of it they are coded to spawn on top of netherrack. The gravestones occupy 2 blocks vertically. From the looks of things if there is a place where the top bedrock in the Nether is 2 blocks thick with netherrack immediately below it, there is a small chance that a gravestone can spawn on top of the netherrack and overwrite the bedrock. It's pretty rare, but probably an unintended bug and does provide another possible way to access the top of the Nether (albeit far less usable than the ender pearl trick).

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
More fun with the infernal furnace, it works on flakes from rotarycraft making the total yield darned near 6 ingots per ore on average. RC gives 5.06(according to the GUI for the extractor) flakes per ore and a furnace with 3 bellows(and ignis essentia if that helps) gives ~1.5 nuggets per flake (tested with gold and iron) so in total you get 5.9 and some change ingots per ore.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It makes sense after thinking about it, but i found a great way to farm mana beans without even trying. Cursed Earth spawns mobs that appear in the biome it works in right? So I set up my cursed earth farm, with my MFR grinders, in a magical forest biomes. The cursed earth spawns Pechs and they drop mana beans. Just plug a filing cabinet on your storage line and you'll get a nice amount of mana beans.

It's not as productive as a golem/mana pod farm, but if you're doing a cursed earth farm anyway, it's worth it.

Last edited:

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Geostrata haste and speed crystals work on golems
On that note, tossing down a few magenta crystals in a butterfly greenhouse built for Forestry tree breeding will extend the butterflies' normally limited lifespans indefinitely. Makes amassing dozens of butterflies much faster and more sustainable.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
The Gem Swords from Project Red are extremly cheap, have a third of the durability of a diamond one, and actually do 1 more damage than a diamond sword!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The nerfhammer has landed my friend. God help us and our oreberry farms
Plenty of other options popped up after that megaton hammer landed, though. Recently a upgrade in Dartcraft was added that's totally insane, the Time upgrade. It's powerful as all hell(stop time, make it slow, faster, HYPERSPEED), and it can even be applied to force torches.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Plenty of other options popped up after that megaton hammer landed, though. Recently a upgrade in Dartcraft was added that's totally insane, the Time upgrade. It's powerful as all hell(stop time, make it slow, faster, HYPERSPEED), and it can even be applied to force torches.
825.gif