Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Omg guys, you'll love this one...

Magma dynamo > energy conduits > pneumatic engine > bevel gear > rock melter + igneous extruder > pipe > reservoir > fluiduct > drums > return to magma dynamo

It convert 1 lava bucket into 8 lava buckets per minute per magma dynamo. Apparently you can plug around 8 dynamo on the same system. So you could power about 56 magma dynamo with that setting. With no input...
Besides initial magma? xD

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Omg guys, you'll love this one...

Magma dynamo > energy conduits > pneumatic engine > bevel gear > rock melter + igneous extruder > pipe > reservoir > fluiduct > drums > return to magma dynamo

It convert 1 lava bucket into 8 lava buckets per minute per magma dynamo. Apparently you can plug around 8 dynamo on the same system. So you could power about 56 magma dynamo with that setting. With no input...
Fudging Genius.[DOUBLEPOST=1399338833][/DOUBLEPOST]
Besides initial magma? xD
Naw, you dont need any initial magma. Just power the magmatic crucible somehow untill it generates a bucket of lava.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Hammertime! With metallurgy and Expanded TiCO, you can make a hammer with a PAPER7THAUMIUM TOUGH ROD, THAUMIUM PLATE, OBSIDIAN PLATE and PLATINUM HEAD. Platinum gives you ridiculous speed without modifiers, and the obsidian plate gives reinforced III without modifying. Reinforced 3+5 base mods+2 extra mods from gold block and nether star: UNBREAKABLE HAMMER WITH HIGH SPEED AND GOOD MINING LEVEL. For the things that exceed this mining level just use a regular pick, this is mostly for chewing through stone like no one's business, saving precious pick durability for what really matters.

shinyarceus4

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct modified tools + MFR Auto-Disenchanter for enchantment books that don't use up the modifier on the tool. Easy silk touch, anybody?

shinyarceus4

Jul 29, 2019
Addendum: I found out that my silk-touch pickaxe no longer has a silk-touch effect, so I recommend making a wooden TiCo tool with the single modifier you want; don't put your Ultra-pick in the Auto-Disenchanter unless you want to make it less effective.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Addendum: I found out that my silk-touch pickaxe no longer has a silk-touch effect, so I recommend making a wooden TiCo tool with the single modifier you want; don't put your Ultra-pick in the Auto-Disenchanter unless you want to make it less effective.
Just out of curiosity, now that your silk touch pick no longer has silk touch, did it add another modifier slot? If so, this could be a handy trick, for anyone who wants to change out their modifiers.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
that eeeees eenteresteeng.

TO THE ENCHANTMOVER!

*ahem*

Also, mimicry. Every time I think i've found every way to make an expensive thing ludicrously cheap, I discover a new one. It was only the fact that I really like the animation on BC assembly table and lasers that stops me duping the shit out of gold and diamond processors for my AE stuffs.

shinyarceus4

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, now that your silk touch pick no longer has silk touch, did it add another modifier slot? If so, this could be a handy trick, for anyone who wants to change out their modifiers.
Sadly, no; the UI still shows that the pickaxe has the silk touch effect, even though it doesn't function. Attempting to reapply the silk gem to the pickaxe has no effect, and I was forced to remake the pick to get back the silk touch effect.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
that eeeees eenteresteeng.

TO THE ENCHANTMOVER!

*ahem*

Also, mimicry. Every time I think i've found every way to make an expensive thing ludicrously cheap, I discover a new one. It was only the fact that I really like the animation on BC assembly table and lasers that stops me duping the shit out of gold and diamond processors for my AE stuffs.
Mimicry?
WHAT IS THIS TRICKERY?!
(And yes, I purposely made that rhyme)[DOUBLEPOST=1399511447][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sadly, no; the UI still shows that the pickaxe has the silk touch effect, even though it doesn't function. Attempting to reapply the silk gem to the pickaxe has no effect, and I was forced to remake the pick to get back the silk touch effect.
:/
Still, a cheap way to get some enchants. All of them should work, excluding RF and EU upgrades.

Chefbarbie74

Jul 29, 2019
Not a major op but with Thaumcraft 4 wand focus of excavation or equal trade you can obtain the toughest ore known to man which is cobalt from Tinkers Construct which means it is possible for you to skip alumite tools. You can mold lava into portal with buckets and water and move on prety quickly if you happened to start early on with thaumcarft.
Steel can mine both cobalt and ardite and can be obtained before the ability to break obsidian. four coal around an iron ingot = steel dust.