Rotary Craft Extractor Setup's

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all.

I have run across the mod Rotary Craft in the new monster pack, and i would like some help in figuring out different setups for the extractor.

My goal is come up with a library of ideas for how to take engines, and turbines, to make the extractor run at its finest.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them below

edit: well i just looked at this and feel I am not clear enough, I would like ideas for creating the best extractor setup for the least resources

Last edited:

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the setup I'm using in my monster series:

extractor.jpg

RF Power feeding into a Magnetostatic engine (2nd picture is the settings in the engine to provide the correct input), bevel gears to turn the power into the bottom of the extractor. Behind the extractor is a ender tank of water feeding it water and to the left is a buildcraft structure pipe and gate set to "inventory empty>redstone signal) which turns the magnetostatic off if the extractor is empty. AE import/export to get things in and out of it. It's consuming around 750rf/t

magneto.jpg

Reactions: fredrodregus

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Here is the setup I'm using in my monster series:

View attachment 9826

RF Power feeding into a Magnetostatic engine (2nd picture is the settings in the engine to provide the correct input), bevel gears to turn the power into the bottom of the extractor. Behind the extractor is a ender tank of water feeding it water and to the left is a buildcraft structure pipe and gate set to "inventory empty>redstone signal) which turns the magnetostatic off if the extractor is empty. AE import/export to get things in and out of it. It's consuming around 750rf/t

View attachment 9827
As of v16, that no longer works.

Reactions: NegaNote

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ty all for your build ideas

@b0bst3r I agree with Reika, I have seen people use the gas turbines but I personally am looking for something that could be made to work as well as what you are suggesting but with something else such, 10,000 dc engine's, or even just a couple dozen of the AC Engines the reason i am looking at these is to see if i can get a setup that doesn't require fuel, if i have to i will use fuel I'm just trying to be conservative with my resources.

However i must say that for some reason i can't find a machine that combines the power of different engines, is this because i need to combine the speed and the torqe of the engines, or is it just not possible to combine the power of multiple engines.

Sry for the edit: @Dentvar while I agree that this is a good post it's a little jumbled and by that i mean that it has a veritable cornucopia of builds and questions Im looking for something that is all about ideas to setup an excavator.
However I thank you kind sir for your recomendation of that post i will sift through it when i have time I had no idea that it even existed i tried searchi

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@b0bst3r I agree with Reika, I have seen people use the gas turbines but I personally am looking for something that could be made to work as well as what you are suggesting but with something else such, 10,000 dc engine's, or even just a couple dozen of the AC Engines the reason i am looking at these is to see if i can get a setup that doesn't require fuel, if i have to i will use fuel I'm just trying to be conservative with my resources.
That mentality does not really work with RotaryCraft.

However i must say that for some reason i can't find a machine that combines the power of different engines, is this because i need to combine the speed and the torqe of the engines, or is it just not possible to combine the power of multiple engines.
Shaft junction?

Reactions: NegaNote

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika Okay i guess i'll change my mentality, i was just thinking that i might be able to pull of getting an automated extractor to work without setting up jet fuel and ethanol.

The shaft junction combine's the speed an the torqe, i understand that much but when i hook it up to 6 AC Engines the power output is the same as just 1, lemme work on my contraption here and i'll get back to you

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
Okay this is weird, when i walk closer to the AC Engines the dynamometer display's different numbers, for instance when i am closest to my AC Engine I see 156 Power less than five blocks away i see 20 power and 7 blocks nothing, furthermore the Extractor seems to react when i am closest to my Engine it shows it has plenty of power, when i walk away it shows that it isn't getting enough

Here are some pics any idea whats happening. Sry For double post
2014-02-15_10.47.57.png2014-02-15_10.48.03.png

I2014-02-15_10.42.41.png2014-02-15_10.42.46.png2014-02-15_10.42.52.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay this is weird, when i walk closer to the AC Engines the dynamometer display's different numbers, for instance when i am closest to my AC Engine I see 156 Power less than five blocks away i see 20 power and 7 blocks nothing, furthermore the Extractor seems to react when i am closest to my Engine it shows it has plenty of power, when i walk away it shows that it isn't getting enough

Here are some pics any idea whats happening. Sry For double post
Are you holding a magnetized shaft core?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_induction

Also, your engines have no redstone going to them, so they are not going to work.

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika o wow i derped i forgot to place the timers on the back, also the varying power situation has been resolved, i found out that i had a shaft core in my inventory, i didn't know that having a shaft core in my inventory would power the engines from my hand, that is soo cool.
By the way my dynamometer now reads a constant 132 power.

Ty reika for your help also maybe you could post some of your ideas for extractors, no pressure i just want to hear as many ideas as possible for getting rotary craft extractors to run as efficiently as possible or an awesome and fun way to make them run.

Also just wanted to say I have been loving your mod to peices for the few hours i have been playing it

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika o wow i derped i forgot to place the timers on the back, also the varying power situation has been resolved, i found out that i had a shaft core in my inventory, i didn't know that having a shaft core in my inventory would power the engines from my hand, that is soo cool.
By the way my dynamometer now reads a constant 132 power.

Ty reika for your help also maybe you could post some of your ideas for extractors, no pressure i just want to hear as many ideas as possible for getting rotary craft extractors to run as efficiently as possible or an awesome and fun way to make them run.

Also just wanted to say I have been loving your mod to peices for the few hours i have been playing it
I tend to go for extreme endgame:

Reactions: Jangofet54

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Earlyish, just got AE going and a quarry, currently running power systems off ExUt Gens and IC2 Lava.

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika k the video you showed was an awesome setup. I am curious about how much power you can give an extractor before it is working at its most efficient,

Also I am currently at the same point that b0bst3r is describing where i have a system in place to get ore's from a quarry and bring them back to my base and a logistics pipe/AE network in place to automate where I send ore's to a pulveriser, redstone furnace combo to double my ore's, however i wanted to hook up an extractor to the process so as to get the most out of my setup.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika k the video you showed was an awesome setup. I am curious about how much power you can give an extractor before it is working at its most efficient,

Also I am currently at the same point that b0bst3r is describing where i have a system in place to get ore's from a quarry and bring them back to my base and a logistics pipe/AE network in place to automate where I send ore's to a pulveriser, redstone furnace combo to double my ore's, however i wanted to hook up an extractor to the process so as to get the most out of my setup.
Actually, efficiency goes down as speed goes up (as is often the case with real machines), as the relationship is logarithmic. Double the input speed, and the operational speed increases by a constant factor.

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika alright so what would be the best setup then for an extractor, what engines, what kind of engines, do I want to have a reactor hooked up to it, what benchmarks in power, torque, and speed would i need to reach in order to keep up with a quarry being powered by an enderium energy cell from buildcraft outputting at max rf per tick.

As an aside i really like your mods, and i appreciate you taking the time to answer some of my questions, I'm not the most technically literate so it helps when someone's there to throw my thoughts at.