Texture packs in the launcher

jkennedy1998

Jul 29, 2019
We want as many texture packs as possible in the launcher! if you make (and only if you make it) a texture pack that has full (or almost full) FTB support, feel free to send me a PM, i will use the pack for a bit and unless i find any major errors, i will add it onto the launcher :)

I look forward to populating the list of texture packs with a huge variety of packs for everyones needs and preferences :)
could greatwood be on there? there is a small team (including me) doing all the patching. its almost done and i've finished up most of the default textures as well. (creator dropped off the grid) i can play ftb with it and see almost no default textures unless i use some of the smaller mods. (which are getting done). gui's are also kinda getting there but aren't that big of a deal.
here is the link- http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/16x-greatwood-ftb-i-sing-the-body-electric.16677/

Reactions: Thewafflier

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh How many times does it have to be said, FTB, nor anyone else, can redistribute sphax.

Seriously, do we need a big red banner at the top of the launcher saying that Sphax cannot and will not be included in the launcher for the foreseeable future?

Reactions: Greenhawk837

Rory Davenport

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't know why people haven't put this on the Launcher, but maybe you can assist me in this. I would like to see PureBDCraft added, also maybe you can add the SoundPack they have for it with the texture pack. I think you may be able to achieve that, best of luck.

Hail to ye,
Dwarf_Legacy

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't know why people haven't put this on the Launcher, but maybe you can assist me in this. I would like to see PureBDCraft added, also maybe you can add the SoundPack they have for it with the texture pack. I think you may be able to achieve that, best of luck.

Hail to ye,
Dwarf_Legacy
Seriously, do we need a big red banner at the top of the launcher saying that Sphax cannot and will not be included in the launcher for the foreseeable future?

Apparently we do.

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems its been a while since I have posted. I know this is a bit off topic but what would someone recommend for a TP

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex Fanver and JadedcatMixpack are available for 1.6.4 installation testing on the launcher. Between these 2 there is a 64x pack for each of the current official packs. Once the testing is complete we'll look into adding more options.

For future reference we don't go asking texture packs if we can include them. We only include texture packs that offer to let us distribute them.

We will NOT:

- Include Sphax : The artist that makes the vanilla portion of this pack does not allow distribution anywhere other than the Sphax site.

- Include packs that covers less than 50% of a modpack - at the very least a majority of ores and terrain blocks and all of vanilla should be covered by the texture pack.

- Include a texture pack without the main artists permission/request

For performance purposes any pack for FTBLite 2 should only include the textures for those mods. Since it can be supposed that if someone is playing FTBLite 2 as default they may not want to download a 150 mb texture pack file :p

Reactions: Daddy_Cecil

Daddy_Cecil

Jul 29, 2019
We will NOT:

- Include Sphax : The artist that makes the vanilla portion of this pack does not allow distribution anywhere other than the Sphax site.
Hooray! Hopefully the nublets will stop asking for SPHax to be redistributed on the FTB Launcher :p!

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I see all the post asking for sphax and I just facepalm. Makes me wonder if they know how to read.

A bit more on topic:
Great work on the TPs Jaded, keep it up. I look forward to what is to come.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I see all the post asking for sphax and I just facepalm. Makes me wonder if they know how to read.

A bit more on topic:
Great work on the TPs Jaded, keep it up. I look forward to what is to come.

Don't thank me @progwml6 is the one who got it working go thank him.