Texture packs in the launcher

Discussion in 'Texture packs' started by jjw123, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jjw123

jjw123 New Member

We want as many texture packs as possible in the launcher! if you make (and only if you make it) a texture pack that has full (or almost full) FTB support, feel free to send me a PM, i will use the pack for a bit and unless i find any major errors, i will add it onto the launcher :)

I look forward to populating the list of texture packs with a huge variety of packs for everyones needs and preferences :)

2. Lothendas27

Lothendas27 New Member

Although this isn't related, could I get an answer as to how we know when a texture has been updated on the launcher? Does it work much like the modpack updates?

3. twilightking

twilightking New Member

one question i have is about texture packs that are already made by other ppl but other users have the right to modify them to work with FTB. could they be added to the launcher?

4. jjw123

jjw123 New Member

they can be added in game by going into the texture packs menu and opening the folder, then dragging the zip into there

5. twilightking

twilightking New Member

that much I know. I'm currently running a modified version of oCd (FVdisco texture pack). my question is if the people who are modifying it be allowed to post it onto the texture pack section of the launcher

6. jjw123

jjw123 New Member

oh, right, sorry. it all depends on the licence, you cant distribute other peoples work if they say specifically they dont want you to

7. twilightking

twilightking New Member

8. AndyThaBong

AndyThaBong New Member

9. Cman333

Cman333 New Member

Thank you for specifying this

NeedMoreTea likes this.
  10. frederikam

frederikam New Member

11. MrZwij

MrZwij New Member

Will the texture packs get updated as they change like the mod packs?

12. jjw123

jjw123 New Member

sorry man, i spoke to someone alse on isabella aswell, and we're talking about it.

i get a lot of PMs a day, so its pretty difficult to read them all, but i try to, eventually XD

RedBoss likes this.
  13. frederikam

frederikam New Member

I can understand that you get quite a lot of PMs, but who actually contacted you. Gnomeo?

14. jjw123

jjw123 New Member

MrAndrew420

15. frederikam

frederikam New Member

I thought that I was supposed to do that.
    (Quotes from our shared Dropbox folder.)

But to be honest I don't mind that much if he want to do it, as long as the pack goes into the launcher.

16. Georgie

Georgie New Member

some texture packs which work on all versions (and have downloads for all versions in forum) report a "Incompatible with this version of the [modpack variation]" when trying to install from the launcher.

Not sure if it's just mine having this bug or if it's a common bug.

17. AlfieSR

AlfieSR New Member

Update your modpack and try again, it fixed the error for me even after backdating afterwards.

18. Saitek2073

Saitek2073 New Member

It seems that the texture is missing for the wireless remote in the Soartex Texterpack, any ideas what I could do to fix this or do I wait until it gets fixed?

19. Nuttyprot

Nuttyprot New Member

That is not missing it is a bug in the mod itself so cannot be supported via texture packs

20. Saitek2073

Saitek2073 New Member

Not so, I have used a different texture pack and it shows up in the John Smith TP but thanks for the response