Texture packs in the launcher

Discussion in 'Texture packs' started by jjw123, Jan 17, 2013.

1. twilightking

twilightking New Member

IMO people seriously need to learn how to google for the sphax resource pack if they truly want to use it. It's not rocket science and takes MAYBE 5 mins to get it. What I would love to see is other texture packs (other then the ones avail currently, they just aren't my cup of tea) that would add some new fresh gameplay to the FTB packs avail on the launcher.

2. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

We need the texture packs to submit packs for the launcher. We can't just go around grabbing packs.

3. xbony2

xbony2 WikiWorker Wiki Staff FTB Mod Dev

Question: can resource packs support third-party packs?

And jaded: please call them resourcepacks, ain't nobody got time for texture packs.

4. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Well considering 2 of the texturepacks cover Magic Farm 2 which is technically a 3rd party pack made by an FTB team member.. yes. But if it doesn't cover some of the official packs I am not sure we are going to put up a texturepack that only covers a third party pack.

5. xbony2

What about private-public packs? That's what I was mostly wondering about.

6. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Not sure. Give me the name of one, I'll tell mine it can cover it and you can test and see if it works.

7. xbony2

8. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Give a bit to update, then try and see. You'll need to have the pack installed before installing the resourcepack though. And I have absolutely no idea if my pack covers that pack :p So this is basically a test to see if it finds the correct location makes a resourcepack folder and installs the resourcepack.

9. xbony2

Didn't seem to work.
    [​IMG]
    Do you need to specify modpack version? I'm using v1.0.3 of the modpack, since that's the latest version.

10. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Then I would say nope.

11. xbony2

I guess that's kinda disappointing, I was thinking it would be cool if my WIP gregtech pack was supported, since faithful/sphax cover most of gregtech and the other mods.

12. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

I'll talk to the launcher people. Its possible I typed something wrong.

13. ecafon

ecafon New Member

I have an issue with my FTB Launcher, there are no texture packs under the texture pack tab, same with maps. Any fix for it? Thanks!

Attached Files:

14. xbony2

Just wait a minute or two, sometimes it takes a while to load. See if that works.

15. xbony2

Ok, we have an issue downloading an older texture pack.

See: http://pastebin.com/XNcvCuA3

I'm trying to download the 1.2.5 version, but it seems the hosting site is down, or it's confused since 1.2.5 uses the old texture pack system.

16. WhiteNinjaGamer

WhiteNinjaGamer New Member

So when i click on the texture packs option and i want to download the john smith technician remix for the FTB Unleashed and i click download and it disappears i have tried looking online for help but none so i came here can someone help me

17. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

Uh...

Bye.

18. owen1601

owen1601 Guest

would anyone be willing to help me im looking for a texture pack but i cant find it anywhere and im hoping with the only picture i have someone will be able to help me. i have a gyazo of something within the texture pack if you can help message me please

19. xbony2

Just share it here.

20. owen1601

owen1601 Guest

if this is directed to me i cant post pictures because of new account