FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
4. Slow, Eyamaz and I are the ones who make the final decisions on mod inclusion in FTB modpacks anyone else is just speculating (guessing) so please keep that in mind and don't get all excited when someone else says a mod will or won't be included in packs.

Sorry yea if anything I posted was construed differently from speculation; my b.[DOUBLEPOST=1386693672][/DOUBLEPOST]
Chunk boundaries come with NEI, just tap on F9.

He means the grid on the minimap.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
MapWriter should be its own .jar in the mods folder.

Hm. It's definitely there, but I think the .jar has a different name than mapwriter.jar... OH! Of course. It's Opis! Opis is built on top of the mapwriter code. That's why MapWriter is listed between ObsidianPlates and Opis in the mods list in-game.

So for those of you that want to disable MapWriter and use another minimap, you'll need to disable Opis.

Verified it is Opis. Thanks for the info!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I rather like to use Journeymap instead of MapWriter, it doesn't add a minimap and just looks better in my opinion...
that makes me thinking, will it be possible to pick between certain mods with modpacks in the future?
that for example you get a modlist choice with several minimap options, and you can pick the one you like...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I rather like to use Journeymap instead of MapWriter, it doesn't add a minimap and just looks better in my opinion...
that makes me thinking, will it be possible to pick between certain mods with modpacks in the future?
that for example you get a modlist choice with several minimap options, and you can pick the one you like...

Possible but I think the better choice, though I know this would likely be fairly preposterous, would be for anytime a new mod is added be it from a pack or user added it could be copied in to a master clone of every mod used at any point. From there you could choose from that to add any mod from it to any pack. The problem with this is that obviously there are packs of different versions and could screw it quite well.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is MapWriter. I'm not sure I care for this minimap. I'm also not sure how to remove it because it isn't in the mod folder. Was this one added directly to the minecraft.jar file? If so what is the best way to disable it and replace it with Zan's or Rei's?

Press "N" 3 times. Then install a map of your choice.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I started up about 6 Horizons worlds last night, with bonus chests every time. On the first 5 worlds, I died in the first night and got spawn-camped by hecates every single time. On the sixth world, I managed to find a Mushroom Island biome and so I survived! Tempted to disable Ars Magica 2.

Yeah, I like Ars Magicka, but those Hecates are a little too nasty, especially before you get armor. I hope they get tweaked some.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I like Ars Magicka, but those Hecates are a little too nasty, especially before you get armor. I hope they get tweaked some.

hecates are ridiculous strong with attacks, but are weak when you actually hit them.
though hecates aren't the only mobs I find unbalanced in ArsMagica

I know in the config there's a part that says

Code:
####################
# mobs
#===================
# Spawn control for different AM mobs.
####################

mobs {
}

but I've no idea how to add mobs to it. though it'd be nice if you could also tweak health points/attacking points of the mobs

Reactions: jokermatt999

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
With you on that. I don't want the radar and stuff, just that chunk bounderies and visual hud markers are stinking huge to me at this point.
If you bring up the big overlay map (i forget the key… "m"?) then put your cursor over the options in the upper left, you can use your scroll wheel to alter some of the map features. I was able to turn on a chunk grid this way.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What is changing the icons for the vanilla tools? I'm not keen on them. Also, and I know this isn't a Horizons question, but how do I get out of a boat in 1.6?

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
TE3 will power BC machines if you use energy conduits. Also the Air Compressor from RotaryCraft will produce MJ.

The air compressor is disabled in this pack. Ender IO can produce MJ and the machines show MJ in their energy storage bars, but I hooked up a redstone energy cell to conduits and it is running my TE machines as well as the SAG mill from Ender IO. It seems even though ENDER IO says MJ, it runs off of RF as well.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The air compressor is disabled in this pack. Ender IO can produce MJ and the machines show MJ in their energy storage bars, but I hooked up a redstone energy cell to conduits and it is running my TE machines as well as the SAG mill from Ender IO. It seems even though ENDER IO says MJ, it runs off of RF as well.

TE3 conduits are able to convert RF to MJ if the machine they are connected to is an MJ consumer.

Reactions: PierceSG

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions:

Emasher mod (whatever that is) adds some seriously junky blocks, one of which is Limestone (red sandstone is another). You can't make stairs with them, slabs, or anything besides the basic block and xxx Brick. For such a limited block, it takes up too much space under ground. I am probably missing some non-decorative use for this block, but if not, yuck.

Ars Magica... all I can say is "wow what a mess". So. Many. Resources. I know this modpack isn't an example of a "real FTB" modpack to come, but I gotta say that I would never put Ars Magica in a tech-heavy modpack.

Pam's... I want to make a bacon cheeseburger.

Farlanders (I think that's right) and their huts+Ender Golems are way too common.

I still haven't touched Rotarycraft or Reactorcraft, but I'm excited to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.