Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing feed the beast overload on the newest version and i cant seem to create and infinite pool of water, is it some mod or config that i can change to re enable it? Thanks for your time

Either Gregtech or ChickenChunks had an option for finite water. For starters, I'd check their mod's configs

Last edited:

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
you plant them on dirt/grass or end stone and they grow ender pearls, they die if you try to bonemeal them though

Oh. But they.. take forever. D= Do watering cans work on them? I feel like Ive had them planted for hours and theyre just big enough to hurt me.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
They take 7 minecraft day/night cycles to grow

Are they picked like cotton or broken? Cause I have one plant that finally is spikey with a small green thing in the center. If I break it Ill kill someone. Im in a mystcraft world with eternal darkness and eternal rain so these 7 days feel like 200000. Eternal rain world is bad for endermen so Im waiting on 12 plants and praying

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Are they picked like cotton or broken? Cause I have one plant that finally is spikey with a small green thing in the center. If I break it Ill kill someone. Im in a mystcraft world with eternal darkness and eternal rain so these 7 days feel like 200000. Eternal rain world is bad for endermen so Im waiting on 12 plants and praying

They grow quicker if you plant them on End Stone. You'll know they're done when it looks like it has an entire Ender Pearl in the middle of it and there's purple particles coming out.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They grow quicker if you plant them on End Stone. You'll know they're done when it looks like it has an entire Ender Pearl in the middle of it and there's purple particles coming out.
Also they change the area they are planted into an Eerie biome. It ruined my base in a plains biome.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Also they change the area they are planted into an Eerie biome. It ruined my base in a plains biome.

I can deal with an eerie biome. Didnt know they planted in endstone. Does changing the biome do anything to the actual area? This base is in the side of a cliff. With a magnum torch. An eerie biome wont bother me as long as nothing actually changes.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Sure it wasn't a coincidence? Seems unlikely for ExtraUtils to add a plant that creates a biome from another mod that it otherwise has zero interaction with and then not even document it.
I currently have 8 that have been growing pretty much all the time and just checked just in case and no biome change(it's on a chunkloaded area on a server so if any biome change, it would have happened by now).
Note that they are planted on dirt.

I can see 2 possibilities:
-Missed a node somewhere that spread eerie(or moved it to your base?), can't remember which type it is.
-Putting down endstone in the overworld changes the biome to eerie(if that's the case it has been added by thaumcraft, certainly not by extra utilities).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Zxilien

Jul 29, 2019
Can a computer with these spec run FTB
Windows 8 64 bit edition
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 MB
Nvidia Geforce GT 610 1 GB Video card
24X DVD RW Combo
1TB SATA III HD
8 GB DDR3-1600
i7 Processor 4770K

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... That video card is actually slower than the CPU integrated one. :confused: I hope you didn't pay a single dollar extra for it...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Nvidia Geforce GT 610 1 GB Video card
I had to reread this line to make sure I wasn't imagining that "10" there. Assuming you didn't mistype this, I had to go check to see if these actually existed. And yeah, though Minecraft isn't the most GPU intensive game (much heavier on the CPU and RAM), I would definitely look into upgrading that GPU to something intended for more than office work.